Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664584 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6660 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:57 am »
We don't do politics on here...

sez who?

since when?

Anything & everything is fair game here  ;)

Meaning, any *subject* can be talked about & have opinions expressed on here (My thread, My rules!) :o

Normally, I don't talk politics. But, eh, a good read on some issues in a state I've been to many times due to family and other reasons seemed fitting given how heavy this year has been in the news.

Feel free to talk about whatever the hell you like, think, dislike, and fell on here  8)

Expounding a bit on what I started above: there's no such thing as "___  (subject or topic) can't or should never be brought up or said/spoken about here"

It's like "bad"/"mean" dogs; there's no such thing...there's ass-holes & ignorant *people*, who train, influence heavily, and contribute greatly to how/what kind of pet they end up with.

Why the analogy?

Because...no subject or topic, is inherently, good/bad, sacred/evil, taboo/etc.

*BUT*

just like with the animals...it's the *people* discussing these subjects that cause problems.

And, tbqh, I give 99.9% of our regular & active posting community here more credit than that!

We all can & should (Hell...I know that I've done so countless times on here ;)) be able to disagree w/o being disagreeable, and...*maturely* be able to discuss any & all things with each other.

Again - I have plenty of faith in myself & my friends here (mods or otherwise), and have seen this community successfully "police" itself, suss-out trolls, instigators, and contrarians, and 'handle' (whether by encouragement, discouragement, and/or sometimes...a simple but direct "life lesson" on what is & is not tolerated and expected here).

/love-of-free-speech-Rant  ???
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6661 on: April 01, 2015, 11:37:53 am »
<3

dark is always on the money.

foxhack

« Reply #6662 on: April 01, 2015, 11:52:48 am »
sez who?

The mods.

We don't want people to get into fights here. And discussing politics, regardless of what you believe / support, usually ends up badly in message forums.

We try really, really hard to keep this place as welcoming and drama-free as possible to all sorts of collectors and players. And that, unfortunately, involves keeping certain topics - especially politics - on the down low.

Sorry.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6663 on: April 01, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »
sez who?

The mods.

We don't want people to get into fights here. And discussing politics, regardless of what you believe / support, usually ends up badly in message forums.

We try really, really hard to keep this place as welcoming and drama-free as possible to all sorts of collectors and players. And that, unfortunately, involves keeping certain topics - especially politics - on the down low.

Sorry.

"The Mods"?

Or "This Mod"?

I've never heard, seen, or read that 'rule' anywhere here; you just making this shit up as we go?  :P

We've discussed em before -and- unless I hear different from MATT, I'll discuss them again; we've never had a problem doing so before  ;)

Sorry  8)

foxhack

« Reply #6664 on: April 01, 2015, 12:49:06 pm »
"The Mods"?

Or "This Mod"?

I've never heard, seen, or read that 'rule' anywhere here; you just making this shit up as we go?  :P

We've discussed em before -and- unless I hear different from MATT, I'll discuss them again; we've never had a problem doing so before  ;)

Sorry  8)

Please don't do this.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:01:31 pm by foxhack »

pacpix

« Reply #6665 on: April 01, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »

"The Mods"?

Or "This Mod"?

The answer to your question is "The Mods", as well as multiple users who have requested to stay away from political talk. Also regardless of your opinions, being disrespectful to Foxhack is not cool.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6666 on: April 01, 2015, 02:31:47 pm »
sez who?

The mods.

Sorry.

"The Mods"?

Or "This Mod"?

Sorry  8)

It's been brought up before.  I'm not a mod, but it never ends well.  Sorry I brought it up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6667 on: April 01, 2015, 02:32:01 pm »
Also uncool, IMO, is waiting until a thread or topic is 3 and a half years old to add, change, announce, pass judgement on -and- worst of all...to  *censor* and/or dicktate what can & can't be discussed in a thread that's never been in any need of "Modly" guidance, help, and/or (routine & consistent) flexing-of-Modly muscles (by, consistently, the same mod); to "show the rest of us our place" and - act like parents (determining in advance) what might/might not be acceptable for discussion; instead of - ya' know...doing what most mods do by acting on, reading, and making determinations on those posts that have been flagged/reported to the Mods as being..."bad', I guess.

You're not *moderating* when you say that something (in no Need of moderation) is bad or off-limits.

Look.

I've been here as long as some mods, and - as many of them can themselves attest to - I am (and have been, since their "pre-mod" days) damned good friends with many of them, too.

TL;DR

If I/anybody has a post or topic marked for moderation...by all means - act on it accordingly.

But please - don't (*pre-emptively*) mod us for things that may and/or may not ever happen  :-\

Also: Link to the "no discussons with/about anything political ever allowed" VGC law/rule; please?

Thanks.

pacpix

FWIW - I deal with & treat Foxhack, exactly how he deals with & treats me...

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6668 on: April 01, 2015, 02:42:15 pm »
So FFT has taught me to use items in an RPG.

Does everyone else hold onto items forever in RPGs? How can I break this curse? I feel like I may be missing out on getting a full experience and may be over-leveling by not using items. Anyone have suggestions for other games that will teach my stingy-ass to not save up for nothing?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6669 on: April 01, 2015, 02:45:24 pm »

Does everyone else hold onto items forever in RPGs? How can I break this curse? I feel like I may be missing out on getting a full experience and may be over-leveling by not using items. Anyone have suggestions for other games that will teach my stingy-ass to not save up for nothing?

If you have the room in your inventory, why not hold on to items? You never know when you need something. Especially in RPGs. I've had plenty of times where I get an item near the beginning of the game that isn't even used until near the end on some random side-quest.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6670 on: April 01, 2015, 02:53:54 pm »

If you have the room in your inventory, why not hold on to items? You never know when you need something. Especially in RPGs. I've had plenty of times where I get an item near the beginning of the game that isn't even used until near the end on some random side-quest.

I'm talking mainly about Item-Hoarding. I.E. http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=072709

« Reply #6671 on: April 01, 2015, 03:14:02 pm »
Play nice kids. I don't give two shits whether or not we discuss politics here but as fox said, admins try and have been VERY successful at creating a friendly environment. While there is no hard rules about discussion we generally try to put out fires before they start.

/free-speech-doesn't-really-exist-on-any-private-website-but-we-love-each-other-so-be-nice-rant  :)

thekosmickollector

« Reply #6672 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:02 pm »
Have you guys seen this? This looks awesome!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6673 on: April 01, 2015, 03:20:43 pm »
^ Don't believe ANY news today.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6674 on: April 01, 2015, 03:23:56 pm »
Play nice kids. I don't give two shits whether or not we discuss politics here but as fox said, admins try and have been VERY successful at creating *a friendly environment. While **there is no hard rules about discussion we generally try to put out fires before they start.

/free-speech-doesn't-really-exist-on-any-private-website-***but-we-love-each-other-so-be-nice-rant  :)

* Absolutely.  It is a very friendly community & atmosphere here  ;D

** Couldn't agree more.  Hard & fast rules suck.  Context & case-by-case FTW  8)

*** I Luvs ya' too, Matt  ;)

*drops subject like a bad habit* :)