Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664437 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6690 on: April 02, 2015, 02:15:57 am »
Watching "Video Games: The Movie" On netflixs.... how have i never seen his before!? Its pretty good so far
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6691 on: April 02, 2015, 08:26:11 am »
Uhm.. if you dislike April Fools day jokes then I have a post on here to delete...

You don't need to delete anything; I'm just giving my two cents regarding this "holiday." Even as a kid, I never understood the point of it.

I think we know who the fool was when you were a kid, lol.

Indeed. The one who was considered the "fooler."

Tread carefully, friends!

Bear in mind that...

...you can't get from the beginning to the end of

"kasHell" -

w/o 'going through'...

...Hell  :P

And my exes have the battle scars to prove it!

argyle: I think it was in 2009 or 2010, a website that only covered RPGs made a couple of April Fool's posts. One of them was that Tales of Graces would be released in America for the Wii. This was during a time when the Tales series still had a really checkered history here in the United States and fans would take just about whatever we could get. Tales of Graces, at the time, was kind of the next big thing for the series.

They made the post on 3/31, which made it seem believable. Of course, it turned out to be a joke. As a Tales fan, seeing a (back then) reputable site post something like that under the guise of "lawlz April Fool's gotcha" is a real low blow.

I (and IIRC, no one else) found it funny in the slightest. I realize that it's not that big of a deal:

1. It's a video game.
2. We eventually got the superior version on the PS3
3. I feel I should reiterate: it's a video game

Since the joke was in bad taste, I left them a message on their forums how I used to be a regular visitor since 2000 and would never go back after that. I haven't been back since.

soera

« Reply #6692 on: April 02, 2015, 09:05:22 am »
^ Don't believe ANY news today.

Yep.

Oh, I know ... thats why I made the comment I did. If that was legit, Id be first in line for sure. :)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6693 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:26 am »
Watching "Video Games: The Movie" On netflixs.... how have i never seen his before!? Its pretty good so far

You should watch Indie Game. Really good one too!

argyle

« Reply #6694 on: April 02, 2015, 11:37:03 am »
Uhm.. if you dislike April Fools day jokes then I have a post on here to delete...

You don't need to delete anything; I'm just giving my two cents regarding this "holiday." Even as a kid, I never understood the point of it.

I think we know who the fool was when you were a kid, lol.

Indeed. The one who was considered the "fooler."

Tread carefully, friends!

Bear in mind that...

...you can't get from the beginning to the end of

"kasHell" -

w/o 'going through'...

...Hell  :P

And my exes have the battle scars to prove it!

argyle: I think it was in 2009 or 2010, a website that only covered RPGs made a couple of April Fool's posts. One of them was that Tales of Graces would be released in America for the Wii. This was during a time when the Tales series still had a really checkered history here in the United States and fans would take just about whatever we could get. Tales of Graces, at the time, was kind of the next big thing for the series.

They made the post on 3/31, which made it seem believable. Of course, it turned out to be a joke. As a Tales fan, seeing a (back then) reputable site post something like that under the guise of "lawlz April Fool's gotcha" is a real low blow.

I (and IIRC, no one else) found it funny in the slightest. I realize that it's not that big of a deal:

1. It's a video game.
2. We eventually got the superior version on the PS3
3. I feel I should reiterate: it's a video game

Since the joke was in bad taste, I left them a message on their forums how I used to be a regular visitor since 2000 and would never go back after that. I haven't been back since.

Can't say that I blame you. :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6695 on: April 02, 2015, 12:26:27 pm »

You should watch Indie Game. Really good one too!

Thanks, ill check it out
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6696 on: April 02, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »
Have you guys seen this? This looks awesome!

Man .......................

Dude, you have all of them.  Why would you buy the collection?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6697 on: April 02, 2015, 12:51:21 pm »
Have you guys seen this? This looks awesome!

Man .......................

Dude, you have all of them.  Why would you buy the collection?

I own a majority of the games on the Ultimate Genesis Collection, and I still bought it. Just for the those few games I don't have and for the ease of going from game to game. (And Golden Axe Warrior is unlockable, don't have that).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6698 on: April 02, 2015, 12:52:27 pm »
BTW, am I the only one that sees a guy in a Santa outfit when you just sorta glance quickly at Turf's avatar?

desocietas

« Reply #6699 on: April 02, 2015, 01:00:23 pm »
BTW, am I the only one that sees a guy in a Santa outfit when you just sorta glance quickly at Turf's avatar?

I *always* see it as a Santa thing but also figures in a very... compromising... position.  I cannot seem to, for the life of me, make myself stop seeing that as the first image before looking closely and seeing that it's Ryu and Ken.  :-[
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6700 on: April 02, 2015, 01:06:25 pm »

You know, that's not the first time I've heard that.  Maybe be time to shop for something new until next Christmas.

Edit:  I can't see the Santa outfit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:08:05 pm by turf »

abe

« Reply #6701 on: April 02, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

You know, that's not the first time I've heard that.  Maybe be time to shop for something new until next Christmas.

Me too. No matter how hard I try, I just can't see how it's supposed to look like Santa. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6702 on: April 02, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »
Red outfit, with white around the collar and middle of chest, and the white part looks like it's standing out like it's fluffy. Just like a Santa outfit.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6703 on: April 02, 2015, 01:35:28 pm »

Me too. No matter how hard I try, I just can't see how it's supposed to look like Santa. :-\

Same.

I'm not "getting" (seeing) it either.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #6704 on: April 02, 2015, 01:57:41 pm »

Same.

I'm not "getting" (seeing) it either.

Look at Ryu's head as a giant nose, with squinty eyes just peaking out above it. Then Ryu's leg looks like a beard, Ken's outfit looks like the rest of Santa and...he's throwing up Ryu's torso.  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis