Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664875 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6900 on: April 22, 2015, 02:21:10 pm »
I heard Swedish prisons are fairly nice. He should be glad he wasn't caught in the US haha.

Eh, compared to A LOT of places, our prisons are (relatively) not that bad compared to those in countries with *really* bad ones...

...or so I've heard

*"Whistling" emoticon goes here* :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6901 on: April 22, 2015, 02:35:07 pm »
I heard Swedish prisons are fairly nice. He should be glad he wasn't caught in the US haha.

Eh, compared to A LOT of places, our prisons are (relatively) not that bad compared to those in countries with *really* bad ones...

...or so I've heard

*"Whistling" emoticon goes here* :P

;)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6902 on: April 22, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »
Who is that shirtless man? O_o I may or may not want to add him to my collec-...er...nevermind.

@dark: That whistling icon needs to happen!

bobster

« Reply #6903 on: April 22, 2015, 02:41:44 pm »
I like to imagine our prisons are like cool hand luke and have a lot of this.

Currently Playing: The Witcher

tpugmire

« Reply #6904 on: April 22, 2015, 02:43:39 pm »
The NES is held together with four #2 Phillips head screws. It's the most common screwdriver out there, nothing special needed at all. As excuses go, it's pretty lame.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6905 on: April 22, 2015, 02:49:23 pm »
Who is that shirtless man? O_o I may or may not want to add him to my collec-...er...nevermind.

Youtube " Training day, simple question." It is NSFW. Just saying.. Youll get all the answers you need after that lol. And how American prisons are viewed. (i am not applying anything towards dis)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6906 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »
The NES is held together with SIX #2 Phillips head screws. It's the most common screwdriver out there, nothing special needed at all. As excuses go, it's pretty lame.

Fixed it for you

argyle

« Reply #6907 on: April 22, 2015, 03:22:34 pm »
The NES is held together with four #2 Phillips head screws. It's the most common screwdriver out there, nothing special needed at all. As excuses go, it's pretty lame.

Ah, my mistake then. I took a lot of systems apart last summer to clean them, so I guess I got crossed up on which ones I needed the special bits for.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6908 on: April 22, 2015, 04:13:30 pm »

I know; right?!

(is calling me "dark" today)...

... :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6909 on: April 22, 2015, 05:11:11 pm »
Does anyone have a system to log when you beat games and keep a list of that stuff? I just got done with creating an account over at myanimelist.net and am loving that but would love something alone those lines for videogames too.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6910 on: April 22, 2015, 05:23:18 pm »
Does anyone have a system to log when you beat games and keep a list of that stuff? I just got done with creating an account over at myanimelist.net and am loving that but would love something alone those lines for videogames too.

http://backloggery.com/ something like this?

foxhack

« Reply #6911 on: April 22, 2015, 06:34:55 pm »

I was going to say something like this. I disassembled my old NES easily. Unless European NES have different screws, or he was getting a clone system (which is the most likely scenario, those things are usually glued shut), it's just... BS.

abe

« Reply #6912 on: April 22, 2015, 06:37:29 pm »

http://backloggery.com/ something like this?

Seconded. Backloggery is pretty useful.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6913 on: April 22, 2015, 07:23:04 pm »
Cleaning the stove sucks ass...... If this MFer wasn't connected to a gas line, it be outside right now with the top removed getting a power wash 

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #6914 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:15 pm »
So, question for the muricans.

There's a bunch of coupons for Subway being given out locally through the mail via ads and such - a lot of people throw these out, so I grab 'em whenever I go to the post office. One of the coupons said I could buy a cup of soup for a dollar instead of the normal price. I figured I'd take that coupon to see if their soups were any good.

Well, I went there, and I was told by the employee that she couldn't accept the coupon, that I had to buy something else. Note, the coupon does not mention this anywhere, it's just the standard "no doubling, no using with other coupons, only valid in Imperial Valley locations." I tell that to the employee but she doesn't budge. Since I can't get the coupon honored, I start to leave, but before I do I ask her, "Did the manager tell you to do this?" She says "Yes, would you like to speak to her?" I just reply with "Nah, thanks. I guess I'll just send a complaint to the store chain instead."

Truth be told, I didn't want to speak to the manager because I visit that location about once a month, and I'm pretty uh, recognizable. I've spoken to the manager before. She's... something special. I once saw her nag a new employee because she said he took too long to prepare my sandwich (he didn't.)

Argh. Sorry. But am I being... entitled here? I mean, they're giving these coupons for a reason. But then they don't honor them. The employees are nice enough, and I don't blame them for whatever crap the manager tells them to do. All this over a coupon. :(