Author Topic: sites for gamer's  (Read 3156 times)

htimreimer

sites for gamer's
« on: December 22, 2012, 03:04:27 pm »
if you know of any video game related web sites,post them here.

here is a cool site all about the magnavox odyssey and pong consoles:  http://www.pong-story.com/

scott

Re: sites for gamer's
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:08:05 pm »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 03:46:57 pm »
http://vgcollect.com ? ;)

Hmm...never heard of this site of which you speak...so...it must therefore (by default) S.u.c.K.
 :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-\

Seriously, though htimreimer...there's Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany of them...that you'd need to be a bit more specific about what *kind* of video-game site that you're interested in  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 03:49:17 pm »
Racketboy has some great classic gaming guides and articles and a very active message board.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 03:54:50 pm »
Racketboy has some great classic gaming guides and articles and a very active message board.

Yeah - I like a lot of Racketboy's stuff, too.

If you're looking to buy games - Cheap-Ass-Gamers is decent for finding low/lower prices, sometimes...

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:36 am »
You might want to check out Atari Age, they have a lot on game consoles in the 70's and 80's. The problem I have with it is that there are way to many forums and sub-forums. I recomend it if you're into the Atari VCS.

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 08:07:59 am »
I made this post so we can talk about good sites for gamers because there is a lot of bad ones out there and sites that have big communities like IGN,mobygames and giant bomb should be put to the side,instead let's focus on sites that have smaller or no communities at all

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 11:37:38 am »
Oh, i forgot to add The Videogame Critic. That is a great site for reviews, it also has a pretty good community going on and its fairly small. The only annoyance I have with it is that you have to wait for your post to be approved before its visible to everyone.
http://videogamecritic.net

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »
Oh, i forgot to add The Videogame Critic. That is a great site for reviews, it also has a pretty good community going on and its fairly small. The only annoyance I have with it is that you have to wait for your post to be approved before its visible to everyone.
http://videogamecritic.net

Never heard of that one...but, the waiting for posts to be approved would be *very* annoying to me  :o

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 02:00:29 pm »
I do that on my blog - stops the "Can you send me an ISO/ROM of this game?" requests getting through.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 02:02:37 pm »
I do that on my blog - stops the "Can you send me an ISO/ROM of this game?" requests getting through.

See, I could understand/tolerate it there, because it's *YOUR* blog.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 02:15:49 pm »
I don't want to muck-rake but a (long) while ago videogamecritic got a lot of flak over on the DC GameFAQs message board - somebody would always pop in making topics about how great he was (to the point of being ridiculous/a troll), and the reviews he linked to had factual errors or were based on literally twenty minutes play.  Several DC fans went to voice their frustrations over on the forums and naturally found themselves unable to post their thoughts/opinions/rants.

So yeah long story short - it at least *was* the case that dissenting opinions weren't tolerated.

If I may plug my own blog as I only need two more views to push me up to the 100 views in 24 hours mark - http://kimimisblog.blogspot.co.uk/

I look at the more obscure side of imports for all sorts of systems, probably something in there for everyone if you have a rummage around :)

(If self promotion is not OK, please feel free to delete that part of my post - and "Sorry!")

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 04:00:00 pm »
@KIMIMI:

As a big fan & supporter of self-promotion...you have just received "+1" click towards your goal  ;)

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 12:41:57 am »
Ended up with something like 124 views yesterday, so thank you very much for that extra +1 :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 11:56:16 am »
Ended up with something like 124 views yesterday, so thank you very much for that extra +1 :)

Is 124 a new record?