Author Topic: Christmas LooT Thread:  (Read 6327 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Christmas LooT Thread:
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »
@BurningDoom:

Sweet!

I also recently got Legend of Legaia, and, I'm about 1/2 way through reading that 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die book...and...IMHO, it's excellent!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:53:20 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 04:52:43 pm »
I thumbed through that book at Barnes and Noble a while back. Mostly looking at it and going "played it", "played it", "nope", "played it", ha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »
I also have that 1001 games book. I'm kinda annoyed that almost half the thing is newer games, and it skips over a lot of really amazing older games, but it's fun to read through so I do think it's pretty interesting.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 05:28:26 pm »
Cards Against Humanity with both expansions (If you never played this game BUY IT NOW... well, after they get it in stock again)

Nice!  I picked up the pay-what-you-want holiday expansion pack they had a few weeks back and did a end-of-the-world party with that game (+ the other two expansions) as a featured highlight.  Kinda crazy to play it with 10 people (or more as people were coming in and out of the game), but it still caused a lot of laughs.  Not really family-friendly unless your family is fine with swearing and knows the definitions of some very awkward... things.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 05:31:55 pm »
Cards Against Humanity with both expansions (If you never played this game BUY IT NOW... well, after they get it in stock again)

Nice!  I picked up the pay-what-you-want holiday expansion pack they had a few weeks back and did a end-of-the-world party with that game as a featured highlight.  Kinda crazy to play it with 10 people (or more as people were coming in and out of the game), but it still caused a lot of laughs.  Not really family-friendly unless your family is fine with swearing and knows the definitions of some very awkward... things.

I played with my mom, dad and one of their friends right after opening our presents up. They loved it, but let's just say my parents are very open-minded. There's a few times where they didn't get some of the cards, or my parents' friend didn't seem to get the game's concept at points... but it was a fun time, and I'm bringing it over to a friend's place tonight.

htimreimer

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »
i got 50 dollars and shit tons of food ;D

atariboy

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 12:35:25 pm »
Sorry so late to the party, but went to bed Monday early not feeling to well and woke up this morning feeling alot better. Guess I had the flu or something so I really didn't enjoy Christmas too much but oh well, Things I go this year:
Harmony Cart for atari 2600 - Been wanting one of these since they came out.
Atari Flashback 4 - this one has 75 games Built in.
$50 gift card to walmart
and a wi-fi tablet.
Overall not to shabby
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 05:40:23 pm »
My wife got me a ton of stuff for Christmas.  She gave my mother-in-law some great pointers, too. Here's some highlights.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:54:14 pm by turf »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »
^ Don't you love how Americanized the artwork is on the Cartridge of the Breath of Fire games? Yet they are distinctly Japanese games in the way they play and their art-style in the game.

darko

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »
My wife got me a ton of stuff for Christmas.  She gave my mother-in-law some great pointers, too. Here's some highlights.

You're the second person I've seen with that N64 set complete (the other person being myself).

karyann

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 09:38:12 pm »

Damn I love food. That's awesome and I want a drooling smiley now  :P

You can't know how jelly I am of that Zelda Game and Watch. Damn, those are all great gifts!

My own Christmas was pretty gaming-related this year, as I got a PSP, Kirby 64, Zelda: Yume o Miru Shima, a n64 gameshark (to play japanese n64 games!), Adventure Island II, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, a pre-order of the Twilight Symphony CD (http://twilight-symphony.com/), some awesome Sonic pajama pants and gaming posters. I was also surprised with 2 starter decks of Lord of the Rings TCG cards, which are so damn impossible to find nowadays!

For gifts I gave, my brother got a red Wii motion plus remote, which he wanted for quite a while now (before finding it on Kijiji, I actually didn't even know that Nintendo sold them separately from the red console bundle). I also found a cheap Super Smash Bros 64 for my cousin, and an Android humidifer for my dad because Android is awesome :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:42:07 pm by karyann »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 10:05:52 am »

Damn I love food. That's awesome and I want a drooling smiley now  :P

You can't know how jelly I am of that Zelda Game and Watch. Damn, those are all great gifts!

My own Christmas was pretty gaming-related this year, as I got a PSP, Kirby 64, Zelda: Yume o Miru Shima, a n64 gameshark (to play japanese n64 games!), Adventure Island II, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, a pre-order of the Twilight Symphony CD (http://twilight-symphony.com/), some awesome Sonic pajama pants and gaming posters. I was also surprised with 2 starter decks of Lord of the Rings TCG cards, which are so damn impossible to find nowadays!

For gifts I gave, my brother got a red Wii motion plus remote, which he wanted for quite a while now (before finding it on Kijiji, I actually didn't even know that Nintendo sold them separately from the red console bundle). I also found a cheap Super Smash Bros 64 for my cousin, and an Android humidifer for my dad because Android is awesome :P

Awwwwww;

@ "Sonic Pajama Pants" :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 11:11:38 pm »
Awwwwww;

@ "Sonic Pajama Pants" :)

Seriously, they're so soft and comfy, it's incredible! Perfect gear for late-night gaming :) I want to pet them for hours :P

pacpix

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
I got Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D from my parents and some NES commons from my grandparents.  I also got a scanner so I can scan stuff for the site :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »
Awesome! Congrats on the scanner! Ha

I just spent my MS point cards on the Skyrim DLC. Its all downloading now and I might load it up for a bit before the GF gets here for New Years festivities.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread