Author Topic: Whats "different" about you?  (Read 6130 times)

desocietas

Re: Whats "different" about you?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »
I'm Mexican.

Ajúa. :P

I can't really say anything other than that - I'm strange by Mexican standards but fit right in with most foreigners.

I'm pretty sure you're strange by foreign standards too.  ;D

lol!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sin2beta

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 06:09:45 pm »
Having a video game and x-men comic collection are the weirdest things that I notice. Below are a few things that might be weird and some things that are just factual about me.

I grew up an air force brat. I lived in 10 states and 3 countries by the time I was 18. The places I would consider home have been Anchorage Alaska, Denver/Boulder Colorado, and Tulsa Oklahoma.

I went to school at the University of Colorado - Boulder and Stanford University.

I choose not to own a car. At least seeing how long I can make it. Moving from the Bay Area and Boulder to Oklahoma, it was amazing to see that most people own more than one car. I'm trying to be a little bit of a reverse in that trend. I do however have a motorcycle but use less than $15 in gas a month.

After all the Katy Perry talk I actually had to listen to some. Waking up in Vegas is legitimately a good song. But my favorite current bands are the Japandroids, Matt and Kim, Tegan and Sara. And all time favorites are Bad Religion, Green Day, Nirvana, Daft Punk, John Mellencamp, Elliott Smith, and Blur.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 06:37:20 pm »
I have listened to metal since i was 3 no lie.. and listen from ralph stanley too napalm death from milli vinnile too vinnie paz(favorite rapper)... and my friends are ridiculously different from eachother.. i also went through a rough patch when i was 12/13/14 with heavy drugs and alcohol and suicidel. But i grew up and relized why am i doing this at the ending of 14. now just chill and collect video games haha and have good times
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 08:31:13 pm »
I think it's really unfortunate that extremists really ruin any religion or anti-religion

Couldn't help myself...I just *HAD* to quote that shit for truth -AND- agree w/ you 100%  8)
This can be changed to: it's really unfortunate that extremists really ruin anything

Sure...that works just as well :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 08:59:49 pm »
I've been reading this thread for the last couple of days desperately searching that is different about me.  Nothing.  My biggest "difference" from the rest of the world is my massive collection and love for video games. 
I'm a regular Arkansan.  I am a 30 year old professional with a wife and kid.  We live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a two car garage.  I'm straight-up white bread America.  I watch the action movies and listen to rock music.  I am vanilla.

I got it.  I'm a member of the NRA.  I collect video games and I'm a member of the NRA.  There can't be too many of us out there. 

scott

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »
I've been reading this thread for the last couple of days desperately searching that is different about me.  Nothing.  My biggest "difference" from the rest of the world is my massive collection and love for video games. 

That's what I was thinking too. I'm really not sure at all on it. Plus I'm bad that describing myself.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »
Different? Other than being the single most sexy being in the known universe, not much.

Let's see...
25 years old, I'm a newfie (though I don't remember newfoundland, was too young), I collect and play video games (gaming since I was... 2 or 3 years old?), still live in my parents' basement (though I pay to live here and constantly lend them money), no girlfriend, really shy (though I hide it as best as I can), I work as a web developer for national museums, I listen to metal, I have a game review blog I never advertise, and I never told teachers in elementary school (and most of high school) what my mom's job was because she used to sell dildos (amongst other sex products)...

Not much of interest.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 10:15:10 pm »
I have a game review blog I never advertise.

Well, since you don't ever "advertise" it...how-z-a-bout you direct (*Link*) a fellow VGCollector in the right direction?!

Seriously, man ===> I'd be interested in checking it out/giving it a read :)

*2* more things that are *Different* about me (for tonight, at least) are:

1).  I just got home a little while ago from a pretty kick-ass "gathering" (read: *PARTY*) in Room # 4002 in the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, and

2).  I'm getting ready to kick-back, eat some cheese-filled hot dogs (in BED; no less:), chill-out, and watch the rest of my disc # 1 Blu Ray of Ghastly Prince Enma: Burning Up w/ my girl...and...(*maybe*), if I'm good (*AND*) share some of my cheese-dogs... :P

- ...There will be some snuggling & Canoodling in store for Kenny (that's my name - mayhaps something else different about me here) in the not-so-distant future  :-*

darko

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 11:20:08 pm »
I think it's really unfortunate that extremists really ruin any religion or anti-religion

Why I'm not an Atheist.

jcalder8

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 02:35:34 am »
I'm a regular Arkansan.  I am a 30 year old professional with a wife and kid.  We live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a two car garage.  I'm straight-up white bread America.  I watch the action movies and listen to rock music.  I am vanilla.

I got it.  I'm a member of the NRA.  I collect video games and I'm a member of the NRA.  There can't be too many of us out there.
Give yourself more credit, no one on here has your username :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 06:27:15 am »
I am different!  I'm the only "turf" on VGCollect.com!

htimreimer

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 06:36:12 am »
well according to my family history i come from a bunch of romanian gypsies who moved from russia to canada and my family says i look mexican.

i have add,adhd,cerebral palsy and i'm bipolar also i will be getting 5 year degree in psychology after home schooling.

soera

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 10:16:37 am »

There has got to be something! Do you watch chick flicks when no one is around? Do you secretly have an ear for Lady Gaga? Do you prefer to wear a dress when you are at home alone? Something!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 11:02:48 am »

There has got to be something! Do you watch chick flicks when no one is around? Do you secretly have an ear for Lady Gaga? Do you prefer to wear a dress when you are at home alone? Something!

:o

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 11:11:07 am »
Do you like to dress up like Shirley Temple and spank yourself with a hockey stick?