Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190136 times)

devancowan

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #915 on: January 12, 2016, 09:16:49 pm »
Finally (after 120hours) beat Bravely Default today.

Got the good (real) ending. Not gonna spoil.

Square better announce Bravely Seconds US release date soon!

BD is one of my favourite 3DS even though the ending is somewhat lackluster. I'm right there with you hoping for an announcement on BD2 soon!  :)

kashell

« Reply #916 on: January 14, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
Between Valkyria Chronicles 3 sessions, I played another PSP title called Jikandia. It was...weird.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #917 on: January 19, 2016, 07:45:58 pm »
Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)

First beaten game of the year!

It's more of an interactive cartoon than it is a game. But if you're a fan of the movies, then you should enjoy this. Well-written, good-voice acting, good characterization. Decent enough graphics, if a little cartoony.

If you're not a fan of the movies, then I'd see little reason to get it, though.

desocietas

« Reply #918 on: January 21, 2016, 08:37:01 pm »
Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)

First beaten game of the year!

It's more of an interactive cartoon than it is a game. But if you're a fan of the movies, then you should enjoy this. Well-written, good-voice acting, good characterization. Decent enough graphics, if a little cartoony.

If you're not a fan of the movies, then I'd see little reason to get it, though.

I got through one, maybe two episodes so far but got caught up in Danganronpa because it was October and I wanted to play something with a darker theme.  I gotta go back and finish the rest :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #919 on: January 23, 2016, 12:14:45 pm »
We had a snow day, so I took advantage of it to recently finish...

...for the first time...

...ever...

...wait for it...

Castlevania 64. And you know what? It wasn't that bad.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #920 on: January 23, 2016, 12:25:30 pm »
We had a snow day, so I took advantage of it to recently finish...

...for the first time...

...ever...

...wait for it...

Castlevania 64. And you know what? It wasn't that bad.

I never finished it. But I liked what I played of it. It's just that after Symphony of the Night, I can understand a little bit of disappointment when it came out.

« Reply #921 on: January 23, 2016, 12:39:18 pm »
Legend of the Mystical Ninja for SNES. This game was a 90s Christmas present and I beat it during 2015 xmas holidays. Quite pleased with myself. lol

deftommo

« Reply #922 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:15 am »
Beat The Last of Us and Ducktales Remastered. Great stuff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #923 on: January 24, 2016, 03:07:05 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)

2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)

It's, alright. Not nearly as engaging as the first game's story. You just don't feel as connected to the characters this time around. And there's not nearly as many "HOLY SHIT!" moments as the first game, which is really what made that game so great.

The gameplay is your normal dialogue/story-driven TellTale games fare. Either you like it, or you don't with these types of games. Although the Walking Dead games in particular do sprinkle a little more action into it than your average TellTale game.

Worth it for a low price, but don't spend much.

kashell

« Reply #924 on: January 25, 2016, 10:35:27 am »
Yesterday, I finished Demon's Souls for the second time and earned the platinum trophy. Back when I first played it in 2010, I didn't think that there would be any chance for me to earn that platinum. But, in only 35 hours, I managed to earn it. Obviously, I used the duplication glitch.

When it was first released, such a thing was never heard of. I struggled through the game as a Royal and didn't know what the hell I was doing. I probably died over 100 times and undoubtedly missed some of the secrets. But, I look back at that playthrough with fond memories because it was my first Souls game and, really, the first time I played a game that had both difficulty and a dark, unsettling theme.

This time, I had a guide with me every step of the way. After learning the duplication trick, I can say that this file was just as fun as the first one. I still died a few times here or there, but it was because I either had to shift the World Tendency or I was being stupid and misjudged a foe or a pit. I began as a Knight and built up both vitality and intelligence in order to create a unique character that had the ability to wield a heavy weapon and powerful magic.

The only real struggle with this platinum was finding the Pure Bladestone. I killed nearly 80 dual-katana wielding black skeleton enemies until I finally earned one. The sad thing is, some people are still trying to earn one. The drop rate on that thing was ridiculous. Looking back on it, I feel lucky enough to have earned one on my own instead of trading with other players. Speaking of, I played the entire game off-line so I didn't have to worry about a Black Phantom invasion.

For those that wish to go for 100% trophy completion, I highly recommend playing through the game once on your own without the use of a guide. Half of the fun of Demon's Souls is seeing the world on your own for the first time, watching as these huge bosses attempt to decimate you and discovering tactics that work best for the type of character you build. The second time, take advantage of the item duplication trick. It works wonders.

Some final thoughts:

*My favorite area in the game was The Tower of Latria. They could have built an entire game out of this place alone. A haunted prison, intimidating spires, creepy enemies, and a unique history are all part of this area. And just when you think you've seen it all, you end up in a swamp that is littered with bodies that clearly underwent some sort of torture.

*My least favorite area was the Valley of Defilement. Now I see where Blight Town in Dark Souls got its inspiration.

*The Large Sword of Moonlight was one of the main weapons I used until I started forging weapons with boss Souls. I ended up favoring the Scraping Spear after I made it because I really enjoy unique weapons, and this one was great. In my mini-third file, I used the Northern Regalia. Since I had PBWT, nothing stood a chance. Nothing.

*I really enjoyed all of the boss fights, even if some needed to be "cheesed" with arrows or Poison Mist. The Maneater was the only one that I felt bad for, but I didn't want to deal with two of them.

*I think the World Tendency system is fantastic; more games should try to do something similar to it.

*As always, I tried to make my character look stylish instead of being practical. The options felt more limited than they did in Dark Souls, but I still ended up with a snazzy warrior.

Even though Dark Souls has more to it, I still favor Demon's Souls. The next game I'll play in the series will probably be Dark Souls II: Scholars.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #925 on: January 29, 2016, 04:55:05 am »
Congrats on your Platinum! Demon's Souls is still the King of Souls.

I'm a proud owner of this trophy, obtained without the glitch and without trading, lizard hunt is way more exciting that way! ;D

If you loved the Latria atmosphere you should definitely consider playing Bloodborne !
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

deftommo

« Reply #926 on: January 29, 2016, 09:28:04 am »
My wife and I just finished War in the North.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #927 on: January 29, 2016, 09:42:45 am »
My wife and I just finished War in the North.

What did you two think of it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #928 on: January 29, 2016, 09:46:47 am »
Congrats on your Platinum! Demon's Souls is still the King of Souls.

I'm a proud owner of this trophy, obtained without the glitch and without trading, lizard hunt is way more exciting that way! ;D

If you loved the Latria atmosphere you should definitely consider playing Bloodborne !

Absolutely. A part of me thinks it would have been just as fun to earn the platinum without the glitch, but with other things to play...ya know.

I actually have Bloodborne in ye olde backloggery, so I'm even more excited to get to that if it's similar to Latria.

kashell

« Reply #929 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:40 pm »
I finished Klonoa: Empire of Dreams. Adorable, as expected.