Author Topic: April 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 20588 times)

insektmute

Re: April 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 07:43:23 pm »
Just snagged Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition for $4.99. Digital, but considering the retail version uses Steam, it's all the same :)

jcalder8

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »
Just snagged Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition for $4.99. Digital, but considering the retail version uses Steam, it's all the same :)
Nice! I have been meaning to try this one for awhile. Feel free to post some impressions when you start to play it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 08:34:29 am »
Got my Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory ("Iris Hearts You") Giclee in yesterday's mail...Yay!

Strange that I ordered this one *after* "Peer Pressure"...yet...it arrived 1st?!

Kinda' a pain in the ass - the three I already have hung-up (iirc) are 26" (Height) -but- this one looks to be 28" - 29"
 :o

Now...I'll definitely have to wait for Peer Pressure to arrive before figuring-out/hanging up all 5 of 'em (I know, I know...1st world problems; to be sure:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 08:56:00 am »
Apparently, I broke 3,000 posts!

I wonder how many that number would be, if we hadn't lost the totals when we switched forums software. 
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 09:08:22 am »

Time for rankings higher than "Hero Member", mayhaps?

soera

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 09:32:30 am »

That title will be "Lord high Lord of the VGcollect" and that will go to me and me alone!!!! Muahahahah

blipcs76

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47:41 am »
Added a few new titles recently:

NES
Cobra Command (had the box & manual already, but no cart.  It's finally CIB)
Caesar's Palace (boxed)
Gyromite (CIB)

Genesis
Xmen

Wii
Kirby's Dream Collection

Gamecube
Mario Kart Double Dash

PS2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

scott

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2013, 09:53:07 am »

I wonder how many that number would be, if we hadn't lost the totals when we switched forums software.

And apparently, I am illiterate. Cause I clicked the wrong thread... this was supposed to be in the General topic... D:
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:07 am »

And apparently, I am illiterate. Cause I clicked the wrong thread... this was supposed to be in the General topic... D:

A likely story (you...post-booster, you:) :P

insektmute

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:30 am »
Nice! I have been meaning to try this one for awhile. Feel free to post some impressions when you start to play it!

I'd actually borrowed the PS3 version from someone awhile back, and found I liked it a fair bit. Reminds me a little bit of Left 4 Dead meets Borderlands meets Dead Rising 2 - very large, open areas to explore, with a lot of little sidequests and characters sprinkled throughout the landscape, and a pretty nice system for creating custom weapons. I can see it maybe getting a touch repetitive, but it hits that "just one more quest... " nerve nicely.

I didn't pay attention to the pre-release hype, and never really do with games, so I don't know what people were complaining about. It's a fun game!

The deal I found is on Amazon, and appears to still be active - http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Island-Game-Edition-Online/dp/B008NAYASM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365690876&sr=8-1&keywords=dead+island. Just open the games library after purchasing, activate the serial key in Steam, and off you go :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:36:04 am by insektmute »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:57 am »
Got my Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory ("Iris Hearts You") Giclee in yesterday's mail...Yay!

Strange that I ordered this one *after* "Peer Pressure"...yet...it arrived 1st?!

Kinda' a pain in the ass - the three I already have hung-up (iirc) are 26" (Height) -but- this one looks to be 28" - 29"
 :o

Now...I'll definitely have to wait for Peer Pressure to arrive before figuring-out/hanging up all 5 of 'em (I know, I know...1st world problems; to be sure:)

...*AND*...

Fed-Ex was just here & dropped-off my "Peer Pressure" Giclee; YAY!...Again!

The only "problem" (read: well, *consideration*, really) is that the 3 I aleady had are all the exact same size, "Iris Hearts You" is longer & narrower than all 4 of the others, and, "Peer Pressure"...is a bit shorter & wider than all 4 of my other ones  :o

Hmmn...May need to re-arrange them all when I hang the 2 new ones up (not *complaining*, mind you - I actually looking forward to having the time to do all of this (probably not until around Mon, or so)...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 12:44:52 pm »

That title will be "Lord high Lord of the VGcollect" and that will go to me and me alone!!!! Muahahahah

Or we could just simple name it "Shameless Post Whore"  :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »
I got home this afternoon, and my wife greets me with "I got you something!".  Turns out she dropped $30 on this

If you can't see the two on the left, that's Wonderboy and Ghostbusters.

sin2beta

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »
I got home this afternoon, and my wife greets me with "I got you something!".  Turns out she dropped $30 on this

Sweet! Those are some good games. I am a huge wonder boy fan. If you can snag wonder boy 3, do it! Dragon's trap is amazing. Also, monster world 4 is available on PSN/XBLA and is just gorgeous.

Also, a suggestion, Outrun (and almost every other SMS racing game) suffers from the crippling defect of having to press up and down to shift. There is a good pedal that makes it fantastic to play. I highly recommend.

http://segaretro.org/Footpedal
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 09:36:58 pm »

That is freaking awesome! You've got a great wife! And $30 for all that is a steal!