Author Topic: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19138 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:39 am »
A BIG Fucking

BOO!

(to any current and/or soon to be posters) announcing that they've received...or.

even.

worse...

...showing PICTURES

of the thing that is known as Disgaea D-2: A Brighter Darkness -

I'm taking my ball & I'm going home  >:(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:52 am »
A BIG Fucking

BOO!

(to any current and/or soon to be posters) announcing that they've received...or.

even.

worse...

...showing PICTURES

of the thing that is known as Disgaea D-2: A Brighter Darkness -

I'm taking my ball & I'm going home  >:(

Don't worry - it'll probably be quite a while before I even crack this baby open... Still no PS3!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 12:05:28 pm »
Yeah, I know, I know :)

It's just 'funny' (read: *NOT* at all funny) that 99% of the games that I get just get tossed into a very big, and ever-growing backlog...while the 1 out of 100 that I'm really excited about playing & can't wait for...Always...W/O fail works out this way  :'(

My 'saying'/'theme' for today =

"If you want to make GOD laugh really, really, really hard...tell him all about what your *Plans* are"   8)

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »
Oh yeah, that *is* nice!  Came home to find mine waiting for me as well (along with a giant Cards Against Humanity expansion box).  The box looks like it'll open up like a nice board game.  Very cool!

Hopefully Disgaeniac will get his soon ... He, of all people, to be left out!

Ahh, Cards Against Humanity... fantastic to play with a group when you've got a bunch of booze and good food :)

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2013, 06:22:08 pm »
Picked up a few things in Portland this weekend:

Man, I knew I should've gone to the show. You were in mah hood!

foxhack

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 10:10:46 pm »
Got Duke Nukem 1 and 2, Zack Zero and Retrovirus (all Steam) from a Groupees bundle.

scott

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2013, 09:36:36 pm »
So I picked up the arcade cab for my next MAME project from storage at a friend's house (which is an old cab converted into a MVS-2). It has the MVS-2 board and power supply, but on the front of the control panel it says the board hangs on power up.. so I have no idea if it's fixable. If it is, I wouldn't mind converting it to play on my TV in the game room though.

Anyway, in the MVS-2 were these carts for Fatal Fury 2 and Metal Slug X. There is also a 2nd MVS-2 with it, but I don't know the story on it. Along with a perfectly good NEO-GEO marquee and mini-marquees for both games! I have no idea if they work, but the contacts look nice and clean (especially considering that the thing sat outside in the snow for 2 days before we found it).

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:07:35 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2013, 09:34:48 am »
I found Wayne's World for the NES yesterday.  I found it at a "deal" too.  $40 wasn't too shabby to spend on that one.  I get it home and the piece of shit won't come on.  I've had 2 carts in the probably 800 games I've owned that I haven't been able to get to work.  The first was Chip and Dale, so I bought a new game; and this.  I guess I'll be taking it back to the store.

soera

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 09:59:33 am »
Wait, dont take it back. Id probably give ya the $40 for it. I dont really care too much if it works or not.

pacpix

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2013, 10:00:11 am »
That sucks. :(  I've had a few Atari 2600 carts not work for me, but never a NES cart.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2013, 12:20:01 pm »
Got my 3 Disgaea D-2 LE's in today's mail...still waiting on my hardcover guides, though.

haloofthesun

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2013, 05:37:51 pm »
I found Wayne's World for the NES yesterday.  I found it at a "deal" too.  $40 wasn't too shabby to spend on that one.  I get it home and the piece of shit won't come on.  I've had 2 carts in the probably 800 games I've owned that I haven't been able to get to work.  The first was Chip and Dale, so I bought a new game; and this.  I guess I'll be taking it back to the store.

That sucks. Surprising, too. It's actually pretty rare that an NES game flat out doesn't work, contrary to what most people think, as it usually just needs to be cleaned or the console is dirty.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »

That sucks. Surprising, too. It's actually pretty rare that an NES game flat out doesn't work, contrary to what most people think, as it usually just needs to be cleaned or the console is dirty.

Tried 2 consoles. Both top loaders. Cleaned it over and over. I haven't taken it apart because I don't have a security bit.

*EDIT: IT'S ALIVE!  I played the first 2 levels and this game sucks.  It sucks, but it works. I guess there were just gremlins in it or something wonky going on.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:47:04 pm by turf »

pacpix

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2013, 10:37:49 pm »

Tried 2 consoles. Both top loaders. Cleaned it over and over. I haven't taken it apart because I don't have a security bit.

*EDIT: IT'S ALIVE!  I played the first 2 levels and this game sucks.  It sucks, but it works. I guess there were just gremlins in it or something wonky going on.
Awesome!  The game is really bad though.  I never finished it...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »

I believe it still doesnt work! :P