Author Topic: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19145 times)

jobocan

Re: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2013, 11:39:09 am »
Just got Pokemon X and Y, a whole day early.

To anyone in Canada: pre-order games from Future Shop. Just saying. And wait for big pre-order sales.
Both Pokemon and WWHD I got a day before release, and they took nearly no time to actually get here.

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2013, 01:28:50 pm »

To anyone in Canada: pre-order games from Future Shop. Just saying. And wait for big pre-order sales.
Both Pokemon and WWHD I got a day before release, and they took nearly no time to actually get here.

That's pretty sweet, I've got to go pick up X tomorrow morning!

scott

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2013, 01:49:49 pm »
I had to pass on a release day pick up of the new Pokemon games. Really bummed me out too. I'll get them in a few weeks tho.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2013, 10:24:50 pm »
just got the humble focus bundle

BLOOD BOWL!!!!!!!
anyone up for starting a league?

jobocan

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 10:59:30 pm »

That's pretty sweet, I've got to go pick up X tomorrow morning!

Yeah, the copy of X was for a friend, Y was for me. The game is really good so far, the presentation got a MASSIVE boost.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2013, 09:32:44 am »
So...as someone with a shitload of Pokemon games in their backlog (on the GC, DS, GBA, and 3-DS) - who's never played any of them:

Is it still possible for someone just starting the series to (*realistically*) "Catch Em All"?

And, yes - I'm talking/asking about all Pokemons from all gens...is it still even possible -and- how would you go about doing it/ how hard & how much time would it take?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2013, 09:59:58 am »
Ya it's possible. I've been working on it for a long time. You can transfer pokemon from the GBA games all the way up to the current ones if you follow the correct steps. But it takes a lot of trading from one game to another to do it. Before Black and White came out, I was prolly 30% complete. But I am way behind now. The biggest problem is the special event pokemon, most of them aren't normally obtainable in game.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »
Ya it's possible. I've been working on it for a long time. You can transfer pokemon from the GBA games all the way up to the current ones if you follow the correct steps. But it takes a lot of trading from one game to another to do it. Before Black and White came out, I was prolly 30% complete. But I am way behind now. The biggest problem is the special event pokemon, most of them aren't normally obtainable in game.

Yeah, I'd heard about them and they were mainly the ones that I was wondering about.

On topic:

I'm a happy man today  ;D

I'm *Playing* my Disgaea D-2: A Brighter Darkness

-AND-

I'm *Listening* to my NIER Replicant + Gestalt OST's (NO...not at the same time:)

They arrived here so much sooner than I was expecting - seeing as it was shipped from JP -and- only ordered ~a week ago.

They are (read: sound)...I guess...that..."Phenomenal" is close -but- it's (far & away) the very best OST that I've ever heard...and I've heard a ton of 'em.

If you don't buy it -at least- try to listen to it somewhere  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2013, 04:26:25 pm »
Ye
I'm *Listening* to my NIER Replicant + Gestalt OST's (NO...not at the same time:)

Oh man, I LOVE the soundtrack for Nier. I haven't bought them yet, but the music really added to the atmospere of the game. It also helps that the game itself is absolutely fantastic :)

scott

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2013, 05:37:54 pm »
Is Nier good? I've see it in stores and wasn't sure if I would dig it.

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2013, 06:00:13 pm »
I think it'd be up your alley, Scott. I was a little apprehensive at first, because there was such a jarring difference between what critics and players were saying, but IMO, it's one of the best games this gen. There are some rough aspects, but the story and characters are remarkably well done, particularly the relationship between Nier and his daughter, and my personal favorite, Kaine. Really great replay value, too.

Seriously dude, pick it up as soon as you can.

scott

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:11 pm »
Ah cool. Will do.

haloofthesun

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2013, 07:53:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I had meant to pick up Nier at some point but then I forgot all about it.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »
first off forgot to mention last week
-Blue Dragon
-infinite undiscovery

last night went to the midnight release of Pokemon X & Y, got both versions and all 3 Starter hats, along with the timeline poster

and Today I went to Comic-Con in New York and got a couple of Posters, a Sonic Lost World Lanyard and
Gen
-Ristar

Saturn
-Sakura Wars (jp)

*picture tomorrow

haloofthesun

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2013, 09:22:39 pm »
Picked up some shmups:

SNES
D-Force (not that good but it was $0.50)
Firepower 2000

Sega CD
Lords of Thunder - a game I played when I was a kid and for YEARS I've been trying to remember what it was and what platform it was on. I finally found out and went straight out and bought it. Excellent scrolling shooter.