Author Topic: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19216 times)

Re: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2013, 01:07:06 pm »
The Mailman brought me a boxed copy of Wizardry The Return of Werdna for the Apple II today!  The hardest game in the entire Wizardry series, and probably the hardest RPG ever designed.

This cover art is badass!  Congrats on the pickup!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2013, 02:02:56 pm »
Heh...I've still got a ][E + double-floppy disc drives + other accessories/misc. shit that I'll have to dig out sometime to see how/if everything still works...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »
This cover art is badass!  Congrats on the pickup!
Thanks!  The cover art was one of the main reasons I wanted to get it since I already have two other releases of Wizardry IV, finally found one for a good price.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2013, 12:49:31 am »
Man, I haven't added much of anything lately, Im hoping to pre-order Neo XYX for the aes soon though, very excited for that. It looks great

theflea

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2013, 04:43:36 am »
Man, I haven't added much of anything lately, Im hoping to pre-order Neo XYX for the aes soon though, very excited for that. It looks great
I'd love to buy the Neo Geo AES Homebrews, but damn it's over $600.00 to buy. (449.00 euro) I own over 60 AES carts and the most I ever paid for one was $300.
I agree it looks awesome, But I just can't spend $600 on it.  :-\
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2013, 11:13:26 am »
I'd love to buy the Neo Geo AES Homebrews, but damn it's over $600.00 to buy. (449.00 euro) I own over 60 AES carts and the most I ever paid for one was $300.
I agree it looks awesome, But I just can't spend $600 on it.  :-\
Well I really debated hard with Last Hope and Gunlord and Im actually really glad I bought the dreamcast versions because I don't care much for them as games. As much as Im a collector, I want to enjoy the game I put out that much money for.
By the way I've seen your AES collection and it's great, Im hoping to add some more to mine soon

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »
I got Jp PS+ this morning, I'm like a kid in a sweetshop :D

foxhack

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2013, 04:01:19 pm »
Well...

Found on monday, $4 for the pair. Luigi's going to be sold (I already own it.)

... $18. Yes, $18. $10 for the Mario Party games and $8 for the rest. I was actually SUPER NERVOUS that Mexican Customs would take these away from me because these are a LOT of games for one person to cross over and they're jerks like that. One time they wanted to confiscate three Sega CD games because they were old. (Hell the customs agent looked younger than those games.) Luckily the customs agent was distracted by someone who was arguing with him because they're jerks. Woohoo.

Um. Anyway. I already own all those PS1 games but these copies are -incredibly mint- so they'll be replacing my old ones. The booth had a bunch of other PS1 games - Millionaire 3rd Edition, Tekken 3 GH, Tomb Raider 2 GH, some racing games... but I was pushing it so I only grabbed these.

The Journey soundtrack is sealed and was $2. The other DVDs were $3.50 total. I thought I already had the Journey soundtrack from a digital bundle, but nope, I was mistaken.

And for the hell of it, this was $2.50. I know, this isn't a game thing. Bleh. :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:03:42 pm by foxhack »

desocietas

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:11 pm »
Oh, man, nice scores, Foxhack!  I'm especially jealous of Xenogears, WarioWare, and Luigi's Mansion.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2013, 04:38:12 pm »
Oh, man, nice scores, Foxhack!  I'm especially jealous of Xenogears, WarioWare, and Luigi's Mansion.

I don't get the prices on Xenogears. I'm seeing complete copies sell on eBay for $25 but sometimes people go crazy and buy it for $50. o_O

I'll probably sell my old copy here once I find it. *hint hint*

desocietas

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »

I don't get the prices on Xenogears. I'm seeing complete copies sell on eBay for $25 but sometimes people go crazy and buy it for $50. o_O

I'll probably sell my old copy here once I find it. *hint hint*

:o  Yah , I have a saved search on Xenogears and just don't understand what's going on with the price of that game.  Other PS1 RPGs do a similar thing.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2013, 05:35:59 pm »
PS1 is a funny boat to ride on. One day you can find any game you want (other than the forever high end games) for around $20. Next day, that same damned game is rolling $50+. It doesnt make sense and never has. Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, and FF VII are the most notorious for having the most absurd price changes month to month.

scott

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »
Xenogears is one of those games I'm hoping to eventually get my hands on. If no one else snags it I might be interested... if I have the money to spend. :\

PS1 is a funny boat to ride on. One day you can find any game you want (other than the forever high end games) for around $20. Next day, that same damned game is rolling $50+. It doesnt make sense and never has. Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, and FF VII are the most notorious for having the most absurd price changes month to month.

Same for Dragon Warrior VII. I remember seeing high prices all over for it, and then out of nowhere Soera finds me a copy for like $30 less or something (I forget the exact price).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:27:35 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2013, 08:18:57 pm »
That is awesome foxhack! Jealous. You know how long I've wanted Xenogears? Since I played the demo on the PSM disc years ago. Still haven't played any further into that game than the first robot battle, which is where the demo ends.

insektmute

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2013, 11:17:25 pm »
Picked up a copy of Armored Core V during my lunch break. My first AC game!