Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23982 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2014, 07:51:24 pm »
and today I got a CIB Power Base Converter for my Genesis

Nice, I love mine. If you get a Master System controller (which are compatible on the Genesis), then there is pretty much zero difference between playing the games on it or the Master System. Or you could just use the better Genesis controllers, which also work on the Master System games.

« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »
I think the only game that won't work with a PBC is F-16 Fighting Falcon (and it's no great loss, believe me)
Also some games will only work with SMS controllers, like Carmen Sandiego I believe. Can't remember how many others but I don't think it's many

Lastly, it's designed to fit on a Model 1 Genesis so Model 2's and 3's are physically incompatible.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:10 pm »
and today I got a CIB Power Base Converter for my Genesis

Nice, I love mine. If you get a Master System controller (which are compatible on the Genesis), then there is pretty much zero difference between playing the games on it or the Master System. Or you could just use the better Genesis controllers, which also work on the Master System games.

yeah I pretty much got it to save a little space and to make good use of my model 1
I think the only game that won't work with a PBC is F-16 Fighting Falcon (and it's no great loss, believe me)
Also some games will only work with SMS controllers, like Carmen Sandiego I believe. Can't remember how many others but I don't think it's many

Lastly, it's designed to fit on a Model 1 Genesis so Model 2's and 3's are physically incompatible.

the manual says it's the Cartridge of F-16 fighting Falcon

and the games it list that only work with a SMS controlelr are
Great Volleyball
Shanghai
Alien Syndrome
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Carmen Sandiego
Montezuma's Revenge
Bomber Raid

and I guess it's a good thing I have a model 1 and that my Model 2 has the 32x & CD attached to it ;D

blipcs76

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2014, 10:28:08 am »
Interesting pickups have been pretty slow lately.  I did manage to get these items off eBay:

NES
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (boxed)
Super Pitfall (found at a pawn shop)

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros U

...and a lot of common N64 titles, ten of which I already owned.

90snostalga

« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »
went to good will this morning, they had a stack of NES games right next to the dvd players and vcr's.  On top of that NES stack was none other than The Flintstones Dinosaur Peak!!!!   Oh, I was very excited and could not believe it!  Checked out and it was only 2.99!!!   :D

All of a sudden, I woke up to my kids arguing with each other over a stupid coloring book.  Dam.  That was a good dream that I thought I could share  :(

karyann

« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:39 pm »
went to good will this morning, they had a stack of NES games right next to the dvd players and vcr's.  On top of that NES stack was none other than The Flintstones Dinosaur Peak!!!!   Oh, I was very excited and could not believe it!  Checked out and it was only 2.99!!!   :D

All of a sudden, I woke up to my kids arguing with each other over a stupid coloring book.  Dam.  That was a good dream that I thought I could share  :(

Oh man, how many times have I dreamed that I saw some game I've wanted for forever for cheap. Always such a disappointment to wake up!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:39 pm »
Always such a disappointment to wake up!

:-\

Waking up is ALWAYS a GOOD thing...especially when you consider the alternative  ;)

btw, Karyann -

Do you ever dream in English?

I've dated a bunch of girls that had a language other than English as their 1st/"main" language & I've always found this to be interesting...

I can speak more than 1 language -but- I've never dreamt in any of them - only in English.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2014, 01:57:11 pm »

Waking up is ALWAYS a GOOD thing...especially when you consider the alternative  ;)

btw, Karyann -

I've dated a bunch of girls that had a language other than English as their 1st/"main" language & I've always found this to be interesting...

I can speak more than 1 language -but- I've never dreamt in any of them - only in English.

That's an interesting question.

Now I feel so outdated for giving up on Japanese.  Everyone else knows 2 languages.  I just know English.  What other language do you speak Disgaeniac?

karyann

« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2014, 02:40:11 pm »

btw, Karyann -

I meant that it's disappointing to wake up and realize it was a dream, but yeah, I'll take my own real life over a dream anytime  ;)

I only remember dreaming in English once, and that was during an immersion where we were camping/hiking for a few days and speaking only in English. It was really fun. Now that I think about it, I miss these activities.

« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:34 pm »
I got some nice packages today! :)

Cheers!
Juan M. - Naicigam
Juan M. - Naicigam

soera

« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2014, 03:16:15 pm »
I got some nice packages today! :)

Cheers!
Juan M. - Naicigam

Does this mean your mail finally arrived?  :o

« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »
Does this mean your mail finally arrived?  :o

Yes!!! ;D And I already posted a picture of my gift in the corresponding thread.
This where this I bought and I was also expecting!

Cheers!
Juan M. - Naicigam
Juan M. - Naicigam

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »

btw, Karyann -

That's an interesting question.

Now I feel so outdated for giving up on Japanese.  Everyone else knows 2 languages.  I just know English.  What other language do you speak Disgaeniac?

Spanish.

I also know a pretty good amount of bits-n-pieces of several other languages -but- not enough to consider myself really 'fluent' in them.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

spac316

« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2014, 06:01:04 pm »
Downloaded Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary edition for 3DS.
It's up on eShop till Feb. 2nd and it's FREE! So if you always wanted that game, go for it.

« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »
I sometimes dream I'm speaking in Klingon which is weird because I've never even been to Kronos.