Author Topic: VGCollect v3 Support Thread  (Read 12222 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: VGCollect v3 Support Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2014, 01:43:24 pm »
When I log in w/ Firefox, it seems like it takes forever to process my request before it finally takes me to the feed. I'll have to check it on Chrome to see if it's the same.

I've noticed slow logins as well. Haven't been able to track down the source.

I have VGCollect in my favorites, but that only gives me a 404 screen. And i use Chrome.

scott

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2014, 03:20:44 pm »
I noticed on my Phone's Chrome browser that it's linked to: vgcollect.com/feed/scott which gives me a 404. Which I think is a coding issue because when you click the Feed link on the main page it takes you to vgcollect.com/feed instead.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:09 pm »
Is there anyway you can make the "Add to Collection" pop up a little smaller?  When you use it on an iPhone, you can't click submit because it's too close to the bottom.

I'll look into this. I just tested it and you are right..now enough room on the small screen.

matt

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »
I noticed on my Phone's Chrome browser that it's linked to: vgcollect.com/feed/scott which gives me a 404. Which I think is a coding issue because when you click the Feed link on the main page it takes you to vgcollect.com/feed instead.

Where did you find this bad link?

scott

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2014, 03:50:06 pm »

Oh it's on my chrome's "most visited pages" quick bookmarks. I thought it was going to vgcollect/scott but apparently not.

matt

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2014, 03:51:25 pm »

Oh it's on my chrome's "most visited pages" quick bookmarks. I thought it was going to vgcollect/scott but apparently not.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah on the old site it was "/feed/username" and on the new site it is just "/feed".

scott

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »
I'll have to delete that link from my bookmarks then.

foxhack

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »
There's some weird caching issue going on. I approved some image edits to Spartan: Total Warrior that burningdoom submitted... and they're not showing up.

I only noticed this because his signature hasn't updated itself.

Edit: Apparently there's a problem with the back box artwork too. Clicking on the image thumbnails doesn't show it in the item like before, it just gives a 404 error.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:37:08 pm by foxhack »

matt

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:01 am »
There's some weird caching issue going on. I approved some image edits to Spartan: Total Warrior that burningdoom submitted... and they're not showing up.

I only noticed this because his signature hasn't updated itself.

Edit: Apparently there's a problem with the back box artwork too. Clicking on the image thumbnails doesn't show it in the item like before, it just gives a 404 error.

Yep and fixed. The folder that holds the thumbsnails wasn't writable. Also fixed a few other paths that were causing issues.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:51:18 am by matt »

Veilor

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2014, 06:50:24 pm »
I tried adding a game with front & back box art, but the site gave me an error it said something like "error can't copy", but the game was added anyway without the back box art. I thought it didn't so I went back and tried again, which ended up giving some dupes(reported in the dupe thread)

matt

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2014, 07:50:01 pm »
Man I thought I had it fixed but I guess not. Doing more testing now.

/EDIT - back box was causing issues. Just fixed and tested Submitted a new item and editing an old. All  should work as planned.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:02:42 pm by matt »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2014, 04:44:43 am »
It almost worked. Ive added the back scans later and they got approved. But now they won't enlarge when you click on them.

Edit,
Today new game additions show back and front scan. Yesterday's edit to add back scans like this game http://vgcollect.com/item/54150 won't enlarge the back scan. Only 6 games from me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:17:47 am by fazerco »

mark1982

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2014, 05:54:29 am »
Hi Matt,

Just a quick question, are you still thinking about implementing the "customizable" list or a "now playing" list? (next to wish/sell lists) Since the update is up and running and looking great, any plans for this feature in the near future?

Thanks in Advance  :D
  l    l 

matt

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2014, 10:04:15 am »
Hi Matt,

Just a quick question, are you still thinking about implementing the "customizable" list or a "now playing" list? (next to wish/sell lists) Since the update is up and running and looking great, any plans for this feature in the near future?

Customizable lists are still on the long list of features. I'd love to implement but really haven't made any decisions on it. I'll be sitting down in the next week or 2 to map out the following year and will post an updated to do list.

mark1982

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2014, 07:01:18 pm »
Hi Matt,

Customizable lists are still on the long list of features. I'd love to implement but really haven't made any decisions on it. I'll be sitting down in the next week or 2 to map out the following year and will post an updated to do list.

Thanks for the quick response as usual! looking forward to it.

take it easy.
  l    l