Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34585 times)

scott

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2014, 11:25:58 pm »
Found Mega Man 5 for NES! And that makes it my 1000th game for my whole collection!

Nice! Congrats! I'm pushing a little over 900 if my math is correct, need to save that 1000 for something special!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:14 pm »
Found Mega Man 5 for NES! And that makes it my 1000th game for my whole collection!

Congrats Sir!  That's the hardest one to find. Very cool.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2014, 11:46:45 pm »
Just got Dark Souls II CE and I can't decided if I should open it or not~!  D:

I didn't have a problem opening mine (I never do tho, I don't buy games to keep them sealed) but I couldn't decide if I should leave the figure in the box to display him or remove him.  My wife told me he would look much better removed & setup, and I believe she was right.  :)  Of course, the decision was made somewhat easier by the fact that the box got a little dinged in shipping...  :-\

Well, considering that I'm maybe half way through Dark Souls and that I don't want to play part 2 until I'm done, I figure I'll likely find a cheap copy of the standard edition by the time I'm ready to play it so keeping it sealed might not inhibit gameplay at all....

« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2014, 12:13:44 am »
I went to the United States to visit my family, and like always went game hunting. Of course there had to be shady thrift store incidents (3 in total), however all 3 of them have a happy ending (yay!) I might go into more depth with a new thread, if people think I should. Anyways my pickups:

Let's get these 3 games out of the way. 2 I already owned, but not complete:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (PS2)
Lock 'N Chase (INT)

And 1 game that I had owned at one point, but someone stole from me:
Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock (Wii)

Now for the games that I have never owned before!:
Samurai Shodown Anthology (PSP)
Tekken Hybrid: Limited Edition (PS3)
Dead Or Alive 3 (XB)
Dead Or Alive 4 (360)
Attack Of The Movies 3-D (360)
HomeFront (360)
Glory Of Heracles (DS)
Dream Trigger 3D (3DS)
Bully (PS2)
Midnight Club II (PS2)
NFL Blitz Pro (PS2)
Bowling (PS1)
Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale (PS1)
N2O: Nitrous Oxide (PS1)
Need For Speed: High Stakes (PS1)
NHL Powerplay 98 (PS1)
Parasite Eve II (PS1)
Power Move: Pro Wrestling (PS1)
Power Play Sports Trivia (PS1)
Superstar Dance Club (PS1)

I can't take high quality pictures, so sorry guys/girls! I really wish I could.

argyle

« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2014, 07:47:38 am »
Just got Dark Souls II CE and I can't decided if I should open it or not~!  D:

I didn't have a problem opening mine (I never do tho, I don't buy games to keep them sealed) but I couldn't decide if I should leave the figure in the box to display him or remove him.  My wife told me he would look much better removed & setup, and I believe she was right.  :)  Of course, the decision was made somewhat easier by the fact that the box got a little dinged in shipping...  :-\

Well, considering that I'm maybe half way through Dark Souls and that I don't want to play part 2 until I'm done, I figure I'll likely find a cheap copy of the standard edition by the time I'm ready to play it so keeping it sealed might not inhibit gameplay at all....

Well in that case I can certainly understand your point.  Still...that statue does look mighty spiffy setup...  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:04 am »
Open it, open it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2014, 08:58:04 am »
Open it, open it!

(sung to the tune of):

One.Of.Us; One.Of.Us!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2014, 09:02:08 am »
Precisely. What's the point of all the goodies if all they are gonna do is sit in the box?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2014, 09:22:49 am »
Precisely. What's the point of all the goodies if all they are gonna do is sit in the box?

Truth!

Even when I buy multiples of a sealed game and/or LE...ONE of them is *always* for me to rip open, enjoy the swag + goodies, and play the game!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2014, 09:38:56 am »

Just went to a flea market today, first time at that one, managed to find some stuff. Some guy sold me that Game Gear lot and Street Fighter II for 5 euros. Was it worth the money? Yes. Was it worth fearing for my health as I waded through a pile of grime encrusted garbage that looked like it had come directly from a garbage can and having to furiously wash my hands with sanitizer once I got home? I'm not sure. But hey, game chasing ain't for the faint of heart and weak of will.

« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2014, 10:10:25 am »
Went to the flea market myself, but sadly it was rather empty this time.  Seemed like a few sellers had closed up and not a ton of new garage sale folks.  Did grab 4 games, but really only bought them cause they were a buck a piece lol  Also, I'm very proud to start off my Dreamcast game collection with NFL2K and the Dreamcast Web Browser...oh, wait, that's not pride, but shame, but they were only a dollar, so I can't complain much lol

Really just didn't want to go home empty handed and were the only games I saw that weren't from resellers, of which one thankfully closed up.  I don't mean to be an ass, especially if you do resell games, but when there's 3 or 4 resellers at this one flea market and most of their prices range from "so-so", to "I might as well just buy them on Ebay", I don't have alot of respect for that.  I've only come across one around me that I felt was very genuine with his prices and he's thankfully opening up a retro game store next weekend.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:12:19 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2014, 10:17:19 am »
Same here, didn't feel like leaving empty handed so picked those games up, ended up being a pretty good deal (once I was done cleaning those game gear games of course). I got up really early today so I managed to hit up the flea market before the police arrived and the people with the stolen good had to run away so there were plenty of things to choose from, this guy I bought MGS2 from had a whole bunch of games but many of them were bootlegs (I saw Pokemon Jade for the first time in many years) and most good games he had were in absolutely atrocious condition, I mean really I've never seen PS2 games in that poor a condition. Also found Grandia II for the PS2 there but sadly the box was empty, broke my heart. Dog's Life I actually found at a pawn shop afterwards.

karyann

« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2014, 02:18:26 pm »
Visited the salvation army yesterday, and while I didn't find any games (There was a PC-version of Sonic 3D priced at $1, but the case was empty... such a bummer :( ), I got 3 brand new Gamesharks! 2 of these are Xbox, so I don't really care for them, but I figured that for the price, I should take them as trade material.

I unboxed the PS2 one because the package was in really bad shape anyway. I'm wondering if I should try it with a spare memory card (as not to mess my save files).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2014, 02:43:59 pm »
Flea Market purchases today, at a $5 table!

thecrypticodor

« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »
Flea Market purchases today, at a $5 table!

Really nice find on that LOK Blood Omen that's one of my favorite PS1 tittles. RE Survivor on the other hand the seller should have have paid you $5 to take away it away.   :P