Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39997 times)

abe

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 10:59:49 pm »
Dark Sector is an underrated game.  :)
One of the employees that was there when I bought it also said it was great. I'm looking forward to playing it... eventually, heheh.  ::)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2014, 11:45:46 pm »
Found these at Goodwill! Great day to go.

The StarTropics game was in pristine condition. It looked like it had been opened once, and never again. It was amazing. There was a few NES games like that there. But no other ones that tickled my fancy. (Tetris 2, NES Open, NARC (but for $20), Monopoly.) The comic was cool because I'm a longtime comic collector, have around 5,000 individual issues and around 100 graphic novels, but this is actually my first Nintendo comic!

Apparently if I had come a little earlier there were more and boxed SNES games, but a lady bought up a bunch of them. Oh well, at least I got 1 thing this cool, at goodwill, for only $6.99! Somebody that was a collector must have gone to jail, or died, or something. Because something kept in this good of condition wouldn't just be donated. The person would have known it was worth a little money.

I mean, it even had this cool letter connected to the back of the manual that I never even knew about:

Some of you guys may cringe, but I immeadiatly hung up the Nintendo "Playing With Power" poster on my man-cave wall. I've been wanting one of those for a while:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:22:54 pm by burningdoom »

argyle

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2014, 12:02:26 am »
Dark Sector is an underrated game.  :)
One of the employees that was there when I bought it also said it was great. I'm looking forward to playing it... eventually, heheh.  ::)

The same dev made Warframe, which is a free to play game on the PC & PS4 that is excellent.  Apparently Warframe is what they wanted to make back when they made Dark Sector, but no publisher would get behind it.  They've since broken off on their own & put out Warframe, which is best described as a space ninja 3rd person shooter that plays very much like Phantasy Star Online.  If any of that sounds good to you, I encourage you to check it out - that game sucked probably a couple hundred hours of my life shortly after I got my PS4.   :o

And that's awesome burningdoom - I don't think I've ever come across an NES game nearly that complete in the wild!  If I were you I'd be tempted to go back & get the others (unless all of the rest of them were $20....). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2014, 12:07:45 am »
Always nice finding some older games, even though it wasn't much I'm going to keep for my collection.  I did get another copy of Jungle Strike, but the cool thing about this one was that it still had the Mutant League Football poster inside which was awesome.  The other two are just bleh sports titles.

Up top there's another copy of Mechassault I now have for the Xbox, but this one came in just a no resale sleeve, so not sure where it came from originally.  The there is something called Xbox Live Arcade, but it apparently has Ms. Pac Man on the disk so I can play that on the original Xbox lol

And then in the corner, I grabbed it for the heck of it, never played it before, but it's Lands of Lore Guardians of Destiny on PC.  Never heard of it before, it's some Westwood game that kinda went along with the same release of Blade Runner I posted before according to the back.

The poster was definitely the highlight for today since I didn't get to the flea market.  Gotta stop staying up so late on Friday lol

Fantastic Mutant League poster   8) 8)

bobster

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2014, 12:23:31 am »
Burning, that letter actually contains a clue you need in the game! At one point, they tell you to dip the letter in water to reveal a secret. Its a pass code used in the game itself. I've wanted to find a complete copy myself some day. Really nice find!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2014, 12:26:55 am »
Burning, that letter actually contains a clue you need in the game! At one point, they tell you to dip the letter in water to reveal a secret. Its a pass code used in the game itself. I've wanted to find a complete copy myself some day. Really nice find!

I tried so hard to play Star Tropics a while back and I just could not get into it.  It just did not click with me.  Bob did you like it?

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2014, 02:05:03 pm »
What are those CE's going for now, Erik?

Also:

Don't feel TOO bad, because:

A).  (If you're not going to be getting the "offical" Drakengard 3" OST like I did) ==> you will also be getting 7 *Awesome* tracks of music as a part of your CE (I'm, personally very partial to track #6 -and- atm, can't get that song/beat out of my head:),

B).  that 160 page, hardcover 'Novella'/"prequel" book that you'll be getting was, (IMO) very well done + had some superbly done P.O.V. story-telling -and- (on a bit more of a selfish note:) I'll now have someone else here too talk to about that story/book  8),

C).  not sure how important/meaningful any of it is to you -but- you'll also be getting a bunch of DLC content, and (lastly & most importantly)

D).  it's done.  Enjoy it!

*Additionally*, since you'll now own both the vanilla game & the CE...you can always re-sell one or the other later on to recoup some of your expenditure  ;)

I paid $125, but could've possibly gotten it around $100-120 if I'd tried for an auction instead of Buy It Now. Most of them were trying for $140+ though.

I'll probably wind up selling the standard edition at some point, or maybe trading it in for store credit somewhere. I'll figure it out once the CE actually arrives :)

Have you played through it yet, by the way? The final boss is... um... well, if you can finish it, I may have to teleport you here to help me :p

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2014, 02:15:55 pm »
What are those CE's going for now, Erik?

Also:

Don't feel TOO bad, because:

A).  (If you're not going to be getting the "offical" Drakengard 3" OST like I did) ==> you will also be getting 7 *Awesome* tracks of music as a part of your CE (I'm, personally very partial to track #6 -and- atm, can't get that song/beat out of my head:),

B).  that 160 page, hardcover 'Novella'/"prequel" book that you'll be getting was, (IMO) very well done + had some superbly done P.O.V. story-telling -and- (on a bit more of a selfish note:) I'll now have someone else here too talk to about that story/book  8),

C).  not sure how important/meaningful any of it is to you -but- you'll also be getting a bunch of DLC content, and (lastly & most importantly)

D).  it's done.  Enjoy it!

*Additionally*, since you'll now own both the vanilla game & the CE...you can always re-sell one or the other later on to recoup some of your expenditure  ;)

I paid $125, but could've possibly gotten it around $100-120 if I'd tried for an auction instead of Buy It Now. Most of them were trying for $140+ though.

I'll probably wind up selling the standard edition at some point, or maybe trading it in for store credit somewhere. I'll figure it out once the CE actually arrives :)

Have you played through it yet, by the way? The final boss is... um... well, if you can finish it, I may have to teleport you here to help me :p

Haven't touched it yet.

But, a friend of mine (who's incredibly good at rythmn games) couldn't beat that fight either.

NOT because it was too difficult

-but-

Because the camera angles (what you can see & when) fuck you too hard  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

theflea

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »
Yesterday I hit a huge subdivision garage sale with over 100 sales, unfortunately I was a day late.
But i still had some nice finds.
Also stopped at a local store who had a large table filled with brand new games on clearance so I bought the ones I didn't have priced under $10.

A bunch of Skylander Figures for $1 each.

WII U
- Assassin's Creed III (sealed) $8

Wii
- Lost in Shadow (sealed) $8

XB360
- X-Men III (sealed) $2
- F1 2010 (sealed) $8
- Risen 2 (sealed) $5

PS2
- Pimp My Ride (.50c)
- Avatar: Last Airbender (with bonus disc) $1 (I didn't have the bonus disc version)
- NHRA Drag Racing: Countdown to the Championship ($1)
- Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift ($2)
- The Chronicles of Narnia ($1)
- Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes ($1)
- Star Trek Conquest (sealed $5)

NDS
- Bakugan ($2)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Decepticons ($2)

N64
A N64 system with 2 controllers, Expansion Pak, all the hookups and 1 game. $10
- Super Mario 64

SNES
- Metal Morph ($3) This is officially my 9000th item in my collection!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

GEN
- Might and Magic (CIB) $1
- Vectorman 2 ($1)

ODY2 (All games CIB $2 each)
- Match Maker / Logic / Buzzwords
- KC Munchkin
- KC Krazy Chase
- Attack of the Timelords
- Smithereens

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »
More Gamestop sales! Grabbed Battlefield Bad Company 2 on 360 for 2 bucks and grabbed the original Crack Down for 2 bucks also.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »
I downloaded Postal 2 Complete from GoG.com, on sale for only $2.99

I remember playing a demo of this game back in the day and cracking up at it. I hope it holds up and is as enjoyable as I remember. If not, I only lost the equivalent of the price of a burger at McDonald's.

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2014, 04:09:03 pm »
But, a friend of mine (who's incredibly good at rythmn games) couldn't beat that fight either.

NOT because it was too difficult

-but-

Because the camera angles (what you can see & when) fuck you too hard  :o

Yep, that's exactly the problem. I do fine until the camera starts zooming into extreme close-ups, turning upward into the sky so you can't see anything, etc. I haven't gotten to the last bit of it, but from videos I've seen, the screen even goes entirely black at one point. I'd have killed it if not for that stuff, and the fact that it starts going really fast while tilting the camera around all crazy.

bobster

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2014, 05:04:01 pm »

I tried so hard to play Star Tropics a while back and I just could not get into it.  It just did not click with me.  Bob did you like it?
I enjoyed the game quite a bit. I remembered liking it a lot when I was a kid, then around 3 months ago, I played through it again. It could be part nostalgia, but it's a humorous game for me and decent game play.

Sorry you couldn't get into it!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2014, 05:38:17 pm »
I just got a boxed SNES off of craigslist. Drove a ways to get it, but $60 was about right for that and a few games.

karyann

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2014, 06:28:41 pm »
The Target I went to yesterday was going crazy, they had a lot of Nintendo stuff at 50% off. There were Wii Us at $150, and 3DS XLs at $100. Nope, not kidding! I wish I would have gotten a 3DS for my boyfriend, because when we went back today the promotion was gone  :-\ I still got Mario 3D World for $30, and LEGO City Undercover for $20 though! Thought that was too good to pass.

Also got Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland as a late birthday gift from a friend, and found Flipull on gameboy, and Pajama Sam for the Wii  ;D Pajama Sam is a childhood game, so I had to get it. I played this on PC when I was younger.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:51:02 pm by karyann »