Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39674 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 11:51:51 pm »
Just picked up a CIB copy of Lost in Shadow (Wii) for $7 based on Turf's recommendation.

I didn't finish it , but I really like the concept of that game. $7 is a good price too.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 07:08:18 am »

And last a rare handheld console a Gamate with 1 game Brick Blaster a rare system from Europe.

Going back out tomorrow, hitting a huge cirty wide garage sale, Here's to finding some awesome finds tomorrow.  ;D

Only 33 more items and I hit 9000!!!  :o

Damn, i want that gamate, been looking for ever for one  >:(.

abe

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 08:51:27 am »

Wow, how exactly do you remember all of the games you have when you're out? I feel like I'd end up buying stuff I already have at least once or twice if I had that much stuff.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:53:02 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

jcalder8

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 09:31:24 am »

Wow, how exactly do you remember all of the games you have when you're out? I feel like I'd end up buying stuff I already have at least once or twice if I had that much stuff.
I don't have 9000 but almost 4000 items and I use a collecting website to track it all. If I think of the name I will post a link  ;) :D ;D

abe

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 10:04:26 am »

I don't have 9000 but almost 4000 items and I use a collecting website to track it all. If I think of the name I will post a link  ;) :D ;D

I see what you did there. ;) Though that option doesn't really work well for people who don't have data plans on their phones.  :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 11:16:22 am »
Got my Drakengard III OST in the mail today!

Can't wait until I have some time to listen to it later...

Shout-out to Greg for his help in submitting this item/info for me  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 03:05:32 pm »
So I did something really stupid and wound up putting the Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition on my credit card. Feeling so guilty now, but I love the game!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »
So I did something really stupid and wound up putting the Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition on my credit card. Feeling so guilty now, but I love the game!

What are those CE's going for now, Erik?

Also:

Don't feel TOO bad, because:

A).  (If you're not going to be getting the "offical" Drakengard 3" OST like I did) ==> you will also be getting 7 *Awesome* tracks of music as a part of your CE (I'm, personally very partial to track #6 -and- atm, can't get that song/beat out of my head:),

B).  that 160 page, hardcover 'Novella'/"prequel" book that you'll be getting was, (IMO) very well done + had some superbly done P.O.V. story-telling -and- (on a bit more of a selfish note:) I'll now have someone else here too talk to about that story/book  8),

C).  not sure how important/meaningful any of it is to you -but- you'll also be getting a bunch of DLC content, and (lastly & most importantly)

D).  it's done.  Enjoy it!

*Additionally*, since you'll now own both the vanilla game & the CE...you can always re-sell one or the other later on to recoup some of your expenditure  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

spac316

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 05:12:40 pm »
I bought Bomberman World for PS1, House of the Dead 2&3 Return for Wii and DDR Mario Mix w/Pad for Gamecube today!

pacpix

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 05:32:14 pm »
So I was at my local Hastings store about to walk up to the cash register to buy some books when I noticed a new section titled retro gaming! It was only about 10-15 overpriced commons for NES, SNES, N64, Gen, and some SMS games, but I did grab a copy of Marble Madness for NES for $3.99.  They also had USB retro gaming controllers. I asked the person at the register when they started selling retro games and he was just as confused as I was since they do not even accept PS2 games anymore ha. I also picked up an old rental copy of Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions for $10.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 07:51:50 pm »
Today didn't turn out to bad.  My favorite thrift shop came through again.

I got a complete Sega Genesis Model 1 with two controllers and the cords of course along with a copy of a game called Shining Force.  It mostly works, I got it to work on one game, but I realized that I probably need to clean the system and Genesis carts I have, but I should now have a functioning Genesis since for abit now I've only had a model 2 that is missing the cords.

As for games I got a couple PC titles like Battlefield 2 Special Edition which comes with Special Forces.  A huge fan of the series and I want to collect them all, including some alternate versions.  With that I got Blade Runner, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 1, and Deus Ex 1.  On console I got Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Bandicoot Warped though I only needed Warped for my collection.

*EDIT*
System sorta seems to work, the quality is rather crappy, of which I'm guessing the RF out might not be very good, perhaps better with an AV out instead? I just need to get another one.  also very questionable controllers, but I got games to run.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:26:48 pm by kamikazekeeg »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »
So I was at my local Hastings store about to walk up to the cash register to buy some books when I noticed a new section titled retro gaming! It was only about 10-15 overpriced commons for NES, SNES, N64, Gen, and some SMS games, but I did grab a copy of Marble Madness for NES for $3.99.  They also had USB retro gaming controllers. I asked the person at the register when they started selling retro games and he was just as confused as I was since they do not even accept PS2 games anymore ha. I also picked up an old rental copy of Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions for $10.

I saw that too say two different Hastings stores. I don't really know how I feel about that.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:15 pm »
-Snes
Mario Paint CIB
Mario RPG
Ascii Super Advantage controller

And also the Skyrim Prima guide

anruiukimi

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2014, 10:08:56 pm »
I haven't posted here in awhile, but I haven't gotten much new either.

I picked these up in a oddly titled auction so I could have an extra copy of the DWIV book (only a small tear in the map, otherwise in very good condition! This was kind of a gamble, there was basically no description.)

If anyone wants the other two books, I have zero interest in them. :P

The funny part was opening up the Game Genie book and a single page from the FFIII instruction book fell out. Weird weird! :P

90snostalga

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2014, 10:39:11 pm »
Today didn't turn out to bad.  My favorite thrift shop came through again.

I got a complete Sega Genesis Model 1 with two controllers and the cords of course along with a copy of a game called Shining Force.  It mostly works, I got it to work on one game, but I realized that I probably need to clean the system and Genesis carts I have, but I should now have a functioning Genesis since for abit now I've only had a model 2 that is missing the cords.

As for games I got a couple PC titles like Battlefield 2 Special Edition which comes with Special Forces.  A huge fan of the series and I want to collect them all, including some alternate versions.  With that I got Blade Runner, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 1, and Deus Ex 1.  On console I got Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Bandicoot Warped though I only needed Warped for my collection.

*EDIT*
System sorta seems to work, the quality is rather crappy, of which I'm guessing the RF out might not be very good, perhaps better with an AV out instead? I just need to get another one.  also very questionable controllers, but I got games to run.

Kamikazee, very nice finds!   ;)   Nice adds.  AV will certainly be better on the Genesis.  I've had that same issue with 2 Genesis models.  AV perfect, RF garbage.