Author Topic: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 43964 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: August 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 12:04:20 am »
Nice haul!

gf78

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2015, 06:37:33 am »
So I  am finally going to post my garage sale finds from the weekend (mainly because its my best score ever) but I'm not going to spend the time writing everything down so just pictures so without further ado. (if I can figure this out...

This last picture was the only ones I actually bought from a store and I got the tomba 2 (disc only) for $25 because I know the owner of my local retro shop. That and I also got a few duplicate ps1 games that I traded in to almost break even of these. I spent a total of $120 bucks at yard sales and only $3.xx at the store so I am super happy about last week. :)

Very nice. Congratulations.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2015, 08:39:27 am »
August 06/2015 Update   ;D  New stuff added in the updated list is bold.

PlayStation
PlayStation 7501 console (actually had this in a drawer...my old mind forgot about it!)
SaGa Frontier (complete  & mint except for writing on outside of the front of the case)
SaGa Frontier 2 (complete & mint)
Brave Fencer Musashi (complete and mint with bonus disc and bonus booklet)
Einhander (completed & near mint with light shelf wear and a sticker on the outside of the case)
Xenogears (complete & near mint with light shelf wear)
Tobal No. 1 (completed & near mint with Final Fantasy VII demo disc)

PlayStation 2
Unlimited SaGa (complete with normal shelf wear)
Romancing SaGa (complete with normal shelf wear and a few light scratches on the disc)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (complete with normal shelf wear)
Onimusha Blade Warriors (complete with minor shelf wear and a few scratches on the disc)
Samurai Legend Musashi (complete with normal shelf wear and a few scratches on the disc)
Star Ocean Till the End of Time (complete with normal shelf wear and a few scratches on the discs...I think this one is a limited edition as it has different cover art.)
Everquest Online Adventures (complete with minor shelf wear and a few light scratches on the disc)

PlayStation 3
Lollipop Chainsaw (complete with light shelf wear)
Star Ocean the Last Hope International (complete with light shelf wear)

PlayStation 4
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition (brand-new)
Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 400 Bluetooth headset (like-new)

NES
Super Mario Bros. 3-screw (cartridge only but in great condition)

3DS/New 3DS
New 3DS system in black (brand-new)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (brand-new)
Shinobi (light shelf wear)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (light shelf wear)
Heroes of Ruin (like new)
Project X Zone (like new)
Bravely Default (like new)
Super Smash Bros. (brand-new)
Luigi's Mansion:  Dark Moon (brand-new)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:42:12 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

desocietas

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »

Nice, you got the 999 with the original box art :)  The newer printings were changed so that it would match the other Zero Escape games a little better.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

theflea

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2015, 01:34:52 pm »
nice garage sale finds Rayne315, starting to look my my hauls.   8)
I know it's a pain to list everything and tell the story how you found it, It takes me 2 hours sometimes to take pic's and list everything.
But I know the people of VGcollect love to hear the stories on how you got your goodies.  ;)

Was out for the last 5 hours hitting the sales myself, picked up a big tub full of classic gaming goodness and a couple other consoles for dirt cheap, a bunch of miscellaneous games and a tote full of skylanders for cheap.

Going back out tomorrow, I'll list Saturday full list of my haul.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:38:38 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

gf78

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2015, 01:53:27 pm »
I would really just like to find some good old cartridge games somewhere.  I was pleasantly surprised to find Super Mario Bros. the other day, but it's pretty rare in my area.  I really need to find out when there is one of those big subdivision yard sales happening.  My buddy Dave has scored some pretty good items that way, but man...finding the time with kids, soccer practice, soccer games, helping my parents out, taking care of my wife who just had surgery and everything else....ughh.  I'm just exhausted.

Oh...and going to work all day.  How could I forget that wonderful part of my life?   ::)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
I would really just like to find some good old cartridge games somewhere.  I was pleasantly surprised to find Super Mario Bros. the other day, but it's pretty rare in my area.  I really need to find out when there is one of those big subdivision yard sales happening.  My buddy Dave has scored some pretty good items that way, but man...finding the time with kids, soccer practice, soccer games, helping my parents out, taking care of my wife who just had surgery and everything else....ughh.  I'm just exhausted.

Oh...and going to work all day.  How could I forget that wonderful part of my life?   ::)

I know, seriously. I remember when you could find Atari 2600, NES, and Genesis cartridges freaking EVERYWHERE! What happened?! When did this hobby become so cutthroat?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2015, 02:19:30 pm »
I just found 2 Ps1 memory cards I totally forgot I had.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2015, 02:33:58 pm »
I know, seriously. I remember when you could find Atari 2600, NES, and Genesis cartridges freaking EVERYWHERE! What happened?! When did this hobby become so cutthroat?

I don't know, but I do know it sucks.  It seems to me, you have a bunch of douchebags out hoarding up every game they can find because they think they can charge a premium for them.  That's how you end up with these crappy shops that have beat-up-ass copies of Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits with no book or case, all scratched to hell and wanting $40 for it.   ::)

The local mom & pop shop has a lot of old cartridges for just about every system.  There's even boxed Odyssey games and stuff like that.  But they've been jacking the prices up.  The back of the store has a sign that says "cartridge heaven" and it was just chock-full of old carts.  Now, the only carts you can find back there are stupid-ass sports games or stuff that sucked so bad, nobody wants them and there are fifty copies of each.  And they still want five bucks a pop for them!

There's this little fat turd working there now who does shoddy repairs and snatches anything worth a crap up before it hits the shelves.  The little f**&ker will watch you like a hawk and anything you show interest in but don't buy right then & there, the next time you go back he snatched it up. 

You used to be able to go there and pick up an old NES system with hookups, controller and one game for forty bucks.  Not too horrible I guess.  Now, they are trying to hit you up for around eighty bucks for the same thing.  And the stuff isn't even cleaned up.  Some friggin' crackheads or meth heads come in there and sell their crap for money to buy a rock.  It's all nasty looking and that's how they shrink-wrap the stuff and throw it on the shelf.  If your lucky, they have a bucket with a toilet brush and some windex in it.  I have literally cringed while I was in there watching the lady scrub hunks of dried on something-or-other off of systems with it.  Then it just scratches and dulls the finish. 

One day, someone had come in right before me and traded in a complete copy of Zelda Four Swords for Gamecube.  The lady proceeded to use a spray bottle to spray windex all over the case and wipe it off (presumably because it's a higher priced title).  The Windex ran all down and around the front cover and the insert soaked it up like a sponge.  Ruined. 

Ugh....I don't even want to think about it anymore. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:38:29 pm by gf78 »

azure

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2015, 02:43:29 pm »

Great haul today from the local game store!

abe

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2015, 04:37:59 pm »
Finally got my IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box Limited Edition today. ;D ;D ;D I'm so happy to finally have it after all the delays the game has gone through. :)

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2015, 06:02:22 pm »
Finally got my IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box Limited Edition today. ;D ;D ;D I'm so happy to finally have it after all the delays the game has gone through. :)

Me too.

The box is abs. gorgeous.

I found some kagerou Project songs. sooo happyy
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2015, 06:30:46 pm »
This crystal box is glorious! How does the gameplay of this game compares to Project Diva series ?
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2015, 07:32:48 pm »
It's like you guys have never seen a foil cover before.

davifus

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2015, 07:57:27 pm »
It's like you guys have never seen a foil cover before.

but it looks amazing.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)