Author Topic: Which console do you think had the best game cases?  (Read 5164 times)

Which console do you think had the best game cases?
« on: September 12, 2016, 12:22:43 pm »
I love Wii U game cases because of the amazing eye candy uniformed blue color that looks so amazing in a stack. I love blue :).   I also like Sega Genesis cases because they are so durable and hardy and they stack nice because of the rectangular shape. It was an advantage over SNES imo.  What console has your favorite case design :D

Re: Which console do you think had the best game cases?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 12:57:38 pm »
I absolutely hate the Genesis cases, because some were cardboard, some were clamshell, some clamshell were smaller, some were larger, and nobody followed any form of uniformity with spine design.

Anything pre-DVD cases is pretty much garbage design in my eyes.  Even then, Gamecube cases look like Blockbuster cases, and Xbox One cases are backwards.

azure

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:49 pm »
My personal favorite would be the GameCube cases.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 01:26:39 pm »
I'm biased, but I have to go with the PlayStation 2 cases. They're durable, and they have a little diggerydoo where you can insert a memory card.

I also like the PlayStation jewel cases. Even if the game has only one disc, I think those jewel cases are super stylish.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 01:29:59 pm »
I'm biased, but I have to go with the PlayStation 2 cases. They're durable, and they have a little diggerydoo where you can insert a memory card.

I also like the PlayStation jewel cases. Even if the game has only one disc, I think those jewel cases are super stylish.
Did you say didgeridoo?

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 02:03:17 pm »
It's hard to pick, because there are some which are just made better than others, and then there are those that are just more visually appealing.

Which had the best cases? Probably Genesis/Master System. As for the best looking ones, I would say N64.

I absolutely hate the Genesis cases, because some were cardboard, some were clamshell, some clamshell were smaller, some were larger, and nobody followed any form of uniformity with spine design.

That's not true. Genesis started with the black grid spines, then later changed to allow artwork on the spines and just a logo at the center, and then went to red spines. Each of those phases were uniform. The only clamshells that were larger were for EA carts that were a different size cart than standard.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:04:51 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 02:31:36 pm »

That's not true. Genesis started with the black grid spines, then later changed to allow artwork on the spines and just a logo at the center, and then went to red spines. Each of those phases were uniform. The only clamshells that were larger were for EA carts that were a different size cart than standard.
Nothing is incorrect in my statement.  I own cardboard Genesis games.  I own clamshell Genesis games.  I own EA games that have larger clamshells.  I own Accolade, Codemasters, and official Sega cases.  The fact that there are black grid and red striped shows that there is no solid uniformity.  BUT on top of that, EA, Accolade, Codemasters, and several other companies used neither the Black grid nor the Red stripes for their games.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:34:23 pm »
Any case that isn't cardboard or jewel.

kashell

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 03:00:24 pm »

Did you say didgeridoo?

Close! I said...something that isn't that. Next week, I'll use the term thingamabob! Stay tuned.

rayne315

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 03:28:51 pm »

Did you say didgeridoo?

Close! I said...something that isn't that. Next week, I'll use the term thingamabob! Stay tuned.

wait... I don't see a slot for the memory card, are you sure it fits in?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 04:07:07 pm »

Did you say didgeridoo?

Thingamajig is better.

kashell

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 04:07:54 pm »
How dare you suggest such a thing!

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 04:09:25 pm »

kashell

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 04:10:40 pm »
Damn, now I'm craving a chocolate bar. And not a whatchamacallit.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »
Damn, now I'm craving a chocolate bar. And not a whatchamacallit.

?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 04:14:09 pm by ignition365 »