Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 35976 times)

scott

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2013, 12:06:33 am »
Heh
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

psydswipe

« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2013, 07:23:43 am »
Ha, ya. I'm a Lefty, so it may be a little bit difficult. But I think I might actually give it a go and see what I come up with.

Let me know how you make out...

I was pretty surprised, awhile ago, when I saw BAYONETTA listed as an easily playable game w/ only one hand  :)

It's not a game or genre that I would have thought of - anyone here play/have any opinions on the game?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'm struggling with some of the battles using two hands  :-[ I try to make selections while on the move which is tough because you move with the left stick and cycle through actions with the D-pad. I'm about nine hours in, last fight was with a genie which I lost since I failed to defend on some big attack that hit me for more hit points than I have even at my maximum. Selecting defend at the correct time is key and I screw that up too often. You also have to wait briefly for a recharge after selecting some actions. Since I'm mainly in it for the story I'm contemplating switching from normal to easy. Not sure I want to spend the time trying to get the most out of each familiar which is another important aspect as battles get more difficult (maybe just leveling up is enough and I could be under level in some areas).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2013, 08:33:29 am »
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback!

Yeah, I've long since gotten over feeling bad about playing some games on their easier settings :P

Cross Edge (a very hard rpg) I beat on hard (but, it's difficult in understanding all of the systems/meta game more than needing quick reflexes); also 100%-ed Oblivion, which, I guess, is more like what you're talking about - having to move while fighting...

Also, Darko's right in that after a few years - I can prolly do some things that someone trying a game 1-handed for a few minutes for the 1st time wouldn't expext that I could do w/ 1 hand; hmm...

Thanks again :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2013, 05:09:32 pm »
Ha, ya. I'm a Lefty, so it may be a little bit difficult. But I think I might actually give it a go and see what I come up with.

Let me know how you make out...

I was pretty surprised, awhile ago, when I saw BAYONETTA listed as an easily playable game w/ only one hand  :)

It's not a game or genre that I would have thought of - anyone here play/have any opinions on the game?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'm struggling with some of the battles using two hands  :-[ I try to make selections while on the move which is tough because you move with the left stick and cycle through actions with the D-pad. I'm about nine hours in, last fight was with a genie which I lost since I failed to defend on some big attack that hit me for more hit points than I have even at my maximum. Selecting defend at the correct time is key and I screw that up too often. You also have to wait briefly for a recharge after selecting some actions. Since I'm mainly in it for the story I'm contemplating switching from normal to easy. Not sure I want to spend the time trying to get the most out of each familiar which is another important aspect as battles get more difficult (maybe just leveling up is enough and I could be under level in some areas).

I know what you're talking about, I've gotten around by running with my left hand and then letting go of the controller with my right to use the D pad at the same time.  Works pretty good, and the Cancel button is your friend.  I'm level 30 now and the Cancel + Defend has gotten pretty easy now.

« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:40 pm »
So they are sending those who didn't receive a copy of the Wizards Edition a copy of the Strategy Guide with the Gold Hurly DLC...  http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/01/27/namco-bandai-responds-to-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-wizards-edition-fiasco/ interesting maybe?
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

desocietas

« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »
So they are sending those who didn't receive a copy of the Wizards Edition a copy of the Strategy Guide with the Gold Hurly DLC...  http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/01/27/namco-bandai-responds-to-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-wizards-edition-fiasco/ interesting maybe?

Hm, it's a good thing that I didn't order one yet.  Why do I, as someone who was interested in the Wizard's Edition, find out about this after the press does...?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »

Hm, it's a good thing that I didn't order one yet.  Why do I, as someone who was interested in the Wizard's Edition, find out about this after the press does...?
Right? I'm waiting to see how this turns out but right now I'm staying away from buying my copy since I bought the Zaxxon Arcade Cabinet because of hurt feelings..and Zaxxon was my kid fix on the Commodore 64 and Skating rink Arcade days.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

soera

« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »
What I find insulting is the fact that 1) The $20 coupon isnt going to buy the thing people want and are not getting and 2) the guide is for the thing that people want and are not getting either.

scott

« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2013, 10:40:19 pm »
ha ya. It's like.. oh, you didn't get the CE... but here's a fancy guide book... for the game we're not sending out..
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2013, 11:26:24 pm »
At least it's spoiler-free!

but yes, I agree.  The guide is being given and they're assuming that these disappointed fans will *still* buy the game after all this hassle.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:34 am »
Sadly, their assumptions are right. Ive read a lot of posts on the Facebook page and I didnt see hardly anyone saying they werent going to get it still ... just that they may not dump the extra funds for the WE. Hell, some of them were still so interested in the WE that they mentioned it for a tax return purchase.

Update on my game progress. Man, its beyond enjoyable. Im not going to mention anything Ive done but I keep finding more and more stuff that makes this game that much better. One of the things I just unlocked blew my mind. The replay aspect of all this is going to be very high too. Ive actually taken a little time to look through the in-game wizard's companion and read some of it. Its super cool.

desocietas

« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2013, 12:50:36 am »
Sadly, their assumptions are right. Ive read a lot of posts on the Facebook page and I didnt see hardly anyone saying they werent going to get it still ... just that they may not dump the extra funds for the WE. Hell, some of them were still so interested in the WE that they mentioned it for a tax return purchase.

Update on my game progress. Man, its beyond enjoyable. Im not going to mention anything Ive done but I keep finding more and more stuff that makes this game that much better. One of the things I just unlocked blew my mind. The replay aspect of all this is going to be very high too. Ive actually taken a little time to look through the in-game wizard's companion and read some of it. Its super cool.

I'm excited for when I have a PS3 to play this game on... :\
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2013, 12:56:26 am »

« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:30 am »
I'm excited for when I have a PS3 to play this game on... :\
I had a company that had PS3 for Super Cheap but they are out of stock and don't have them at this time... Alot of their stuff I do wonder if it was bumped out of a truck or something because once I received an item that was suppose to be brand new but it was missing parts and the packaging for the bolts were missing.. Other than that one case I've never really had any problems with them www.geeks.com