Author Topic: do i add it  (Read 1245 times)

htimreimer

do i add it
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:52:14 am »
i have a unknown version moonbase and thare no difference between retail version and this one but it has a diffident disk 

what do you you think do i add it or not

scott

Re: do i add it
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:55:13 am »
You've asked this before.

Personally I don't think your copy of Moonbase is anything more than a basement bootleg, thanks to lack of copy protection on old PC games. I wouldn't add it if it was me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:00:39 am »
You've asked this before.

Personally I don't think your copy of Moonbase is anything more than a basement bootleg, thanks to lack of copy protection on old PC games. I wouldn't add it if it was me.
to me it look like a version from local store and if it is bootleg wouldn't it be like adding one of throws  999 in 1 carts 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:36:14 am »
i have a unknown version moonbase and thare no difference between retail version and this one but it has a diffident disk 

what do you you think do i add it or not

I *hate* when my older games go and get all sorts of

*DIFFIDENT* on me and don't work the way that I want them to  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »
What I'm saying it is looks like someone made a copy of the game in their basement and then sold it to you. Thus, it's a bootleg, an illegal copy.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:28 pm »
What I'm saying it is looks like someone made a copy of the game in their basement and then sold it to you. Thus, it's a bootleg, an illegal copy.
In that case we shouldn't allow any games made by Slash Corporation. Their quality is just two notches above bootleg level. :P

Bound manuals? Who needs 'em, just photocopy them and throw 'em in the box. CD cases? Meh, paper sleeves will do. Sturdy cardboard boxes? Use a paper box, that's good enough!