Author Topic: The Toy Collectors  (Read 41940 times)

telekill

Re: The Toy Collectors
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2020, 07:10:51 pm »
They just got a third release as two packs exclusively at Walmart:

If only it din't have that "nickelodeon" logo... Still, I'm elated to learn about this release, so I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled. Thank you for bringing it up to my attention.

Any time man. I hope you're able to snag them.

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2020, 05:54:54 pm »
Since I don't want to gather up everything for a picture, I'm just gonna collage it with what I've generally picked up in the past month or so...

-Got my new Snake Eyes figure in the mail finally.  I'm still waiting on the Deluxe edition, but I probably won't open that one, so I wanted a standard to put on the shelf.
-Two more troopers for the shelf, I'm kinda starting to wind down my collecting for Black Series, I got most of what I want, i got a few more on pre-order, and from here on, it'll be much more minimal short of something super cool for The Mandalorian, or if they make a Republic Commando figure.
-I don't usually collect wrestling stuff, but I am a fan, and I liked some of these WWE/He-Man figures because they look like kinda classic old school wrestling figures and I want to grab a couple more if I can find them like the Ultimate Warrior, and perhaps another one or two down the road.  Basically I want the ones where I can take off all the armor and they just look like the classic wrestlers lol
-NECA is shutting down their Godzilla stuff, so I needed to get the Atomic Blast Shin in the movie poster box before that happens and got lucky to find it.
-Same for that was V2 Mothra, I don't really like the figure, but this was more for "completion" sake as I basically own all the NECA Godzilla figures other than the 2014 24" one they made.
-And I also got in the mail the last two new ones from NECA (Not counting the final variants for these two).  This Biollante one could be one of my favorite of the entire series, it has the weight of the 60's one they made, and all the proper articulation for the body and tail like that, but it's the Heisei era I love more.  The 2003 one is also good despite the more limited neck stuff.
-And finally, found two more of the Godzilla mini vinyls and actually my first Anguirus figure which is cool.

pzeke

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2020, 04:20:18 pm »
According to some outlets, these figures were meant to be released this month, but still nothing. I've been checking Walmart's website non-stop, and nothing; I even chatted with a representative and she told me she was aware of the figures, but that she didn't know when the figures would be available. However, yesterday I went to the Walmart nearest where I live and the guy I asked told me they got four packs, 2/2, and that they were sold in about an hour. I asked when they would expect more, and was told the same, that they didn't know when they'd be available again. This sucks mondo dook!

If only it din't have that "nickelodeon" logo... Still, I'm elated to learn about this release, so I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled. Thank you for bringing it up to my attention.

I definitely hope so, too. Send me good vibes!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2020, 04:34:06 pm »
According to some outlets, these figures were meant to be released this month, but still nothing. I've been checking Walmart's website non-stop, and nothing; I even chatted with a representative and she told me she was aware of the figures, but that she didn't know when the figures would be available. However, yesterday I went to the Walmart nearest where I live and the guy I asked told me they got four packs, 2/2, and that they were sold in about an hour. I asked when they would expect more, and was told the same, that they didn't know when they'd be available again. This sucks mondo dook!

I definitely hope so, too. Send me good vibes!

Yeah, I've gotten semi-obsessed with these NECA figures - they've also done version from the cartoon and the Turtles in Time game! - and have been checking constantly.  If anyone runs across an extra Raph and Casey 2-Pack (or any of the others really) I'd be willing to pay you back for them if you picked them up and shipped them my way.

pzeke

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:13 pm »
Yeah, I'm aware of the other versions, which look really cool, but I mostly want these since I originally intended to get the 1/4 scale ones, and would still if I found them at a decent price. The Casey Jones with Raphael pack looks killer, too, so I wouldn't mind getting it if I were to find it.

Anyway, I hope you can find them as well, Cartagia.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2020, 05:50:30 pm »
A good thing for the NECA movie TMNT figures, is that with Toka and Razar, after the disastrous Walmart launch they had with other stuff, they are apparently going to do the smart thing and have them go up on the NECA website for pre-order so people have an actual chance at getting them.  NECA shipping makes them a little more pricey than they would be elsewhere, but a few extra bucks to guarantee getting one isn't too bad.  I'm just waiting on them to re-release Leonardo in a single pack, because I kinda just like collecting certain versions of him.

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2020, 04:36:01 pm »
The GF just picked up the Shredder and Krang 2-pack for me at Target!  They look so great.  I wish I could get more of them, because these would make great display pieces.

pzeke

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2020, 08:08:01 pm »
Nice, congrats.

We're in August, and Walmart has yet to list the other figures...  =/

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2020, 06:01:45 pm »
While I hate that Toho or Playmates bumped NECA out of the Godzilla license, and I was worried that all of the Playmate figures would be absolute trash based on the classic figures they tried to release which are all almost objectively garbage (The Final Wars Gigan being the one exception).  That being said, I think these 6" figures are actually pretty alright.  Kong has nice simple articulation where he should, the Skullcrawler is a simple character, but mostly functions okay (Needed movable feet to me, but I'm just glad to have a Skullcrawler figure at all), and the Godzilla isn't any different from the 11" one, but it's fine for what it is.  They also feel better than the other ones I was talking about, because they are a mixture of hard plastic and a softer and I think maybe slightly heavier plastic, so the Kong in particular feels much nicer overall.  Not bad for 10 dollar toys. I just need to grab the Warbat and I'll have all 4 of the currently released creatures.

Gonna pass on the 11" Godzilla and Kong for now as the Godzilla is not much different from last year's Jakks figure, and the Kong has almost no articulation to it and is weirdly black furred rather than a dark brown.  There was a big leak of all of the Playmate figures awhile back, so there might be a few more I'll grab later on, I just won't talk about them here since they are spoilery for the movie.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:06:05 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »
Got the April + Foot Soldier cartoon 2-pack at Target today.  Still absolutely zero luck at Walmart.  Local stores don't even look like they even put any out.

« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2020, 12:35:14 am »
Got this bad boy today:

I had made the decision to get this as soon as I could, as I regret not getting either the UCS Y-Wing or the Voltron set when I could, as I dilly-dallied too long and now they got for several hundred above MSRP. Once built, this will be my 4th largest set, behind the Saturn V rocket, the Battleship Yamato, and the Starship Enterprise.

« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2020, 08:26:09 pm »
For anyone that does a lot of toy collecting, you know that if you got multiple things you are looking for, it can be hard to find everything you want, even if you go to more than one stores, but for me, between two Targets, I got everything I was looking for. 

I got the final two NECA Godzilla releases, which are just repaints of '93 and '03 Godzilla, along with the 2014 Godzilla re-release in the movie poster box that I only found out recently existed as they didn't seem to promote it at all.  I now have the entire NECA Godzilla collection, though technically only missing the double sized 2014 one that I'll grab someday down the road as it's not super important for my collection.

Also got the new NECA King Kong, which seems to be their kaiju replacement after losing the Godzilla license, so hopefully they do more stuff like this as the Kong is awesome, really well articulated and the design is generally original, sorta feeling like a mixture of the old 1933 original and like Skull Island Kong...I wonder if NECA can get the Gamera license lol

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2020, 11:28:20 am »
Got the April + Foot Soldier cartoon 2-pack at Target today.  Still absolutely zero luck at Walmart.  Local stores don't even look like they even put any out.

I've put my sister on watch, as well as a few different family members around the country.

I've now got:

Shredder and Krang
April O'Neil vs. Foot Soldier (Bashed)
Casey Jones vs. Foot Soldier (Sliced)

Casey Jones vs. Raphael (Disguise) which she picked up down in Florida.  Should be dropping it off this weekend.

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2020, 07:57:00 pm »
Picked this up for super cheap on sale on Gamestop last week, I really only wanted it for Zarya so I could have her with the regular one, but this was set was always pretty pricey because of it at like 50 bucks or something, but the toys have been dropping in price and going on clearance for like a year now, and finally the Gamestop stuff dropped down super cheap and I got this for like 16 bucks with shipping.  I'll probably just sell off the other figures whenever I get back to selling at the flea market or conventions, though I might keep DVA, not 100% sure.  I kinda wish they hadn't ended this toy line so I could've got an Orisa and Brigitte, but oh well.  Maybe they'll revive it when Overwatch 2 comes out.

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2020, 09:35:52 pm »
To add since I've been reorganizing my toy collections, also I don't think I showed off this stuff before or not, at least not in this thread, here's some of my other stuff.  Got a game toy shelf with an assortment of stuff of I've picked up.  The other shelf is a Dragon Ball shelf, with some of the older Movie figures that I direly need more of, a couple action figures, some of the model kit figures, and a couple games I got.  And then a small collection I started in the past year is Legends, but I'm not trying to get a lot of these, just some characters I like, I love armored Iron Man suits, and since beating Avengers recently, I want to get the team as they are released.