Author Topic: Playstation 5 September Event  (Read 1889 times)

Playstation 5 September Event
« on: September 16, 2020, 04:34:28 pm »
So this turned out to be a way bigger deal than I was expecting, so I'll post the info here to talk about.  Price should be announced soon.

- Final Fantasy XVI - Console exclusive and on PC, and it looks incredible.  Super classic fantasy setting which they haven't done in a long time I believe.  Visually very familiar to Final Fantasy XIV in particular as apparently it has at least the FF14 producer working on it.

- Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Actual gameplay, the new powers look incredible.  Confirmed to be a launch title.  Will be available on PS4.  There will be an ultimate edition that comes with a voucher for the first game remastered with all the DLC.

- Hogwarts Legacy - Third person, set in the 1800's, create a character, it's been known for a long time but finally revealed.

- Resident Evil 8 - They showed a little more, but not much, hopefully more at TGS next year.

- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition - Launch day digital release, looks to have all new Virgil stuff and they super ramped up the amount of enemies.

- Demon's Souls - Fully gameplay and god damn it looks incredible. Confirmed to be a launch title and available on PC.

And there it is....November 12th, 500 dollars for the main console, 400 for the disc-less version.

- God of War 2 - Teased for a 2021 release.

That was a pretty great showing, good exclusives announced, that Playstation Plus Collection will be basically their version of a game pass for their PS4 exclusives for people to play them on the PS5, and the PS5 price is right what it should be.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:32:12 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: Playstation 5 September Event
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 04:49:42 pm »
Dad of Boy 2!

That and Horizon 2 will probably get me to upgrade, but not until then.

Oh!  and Demon's Souls.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 04:58:25 pm »
Spider-Man: Miles MOrales is confirmed to be a launch title and will be available on PS4 too for folks.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:12:56 pm »
Hmm there was only a handful of games shown, a couple of which really don't appeal to me like Resident Evil Village and Devil May Cry 5, and a lot of the games weren't launch day but 2021. It was a pretty disappointing showcase for me personally.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:22 pm »
And I missed this, but Demon Souls is also a launch title, which is crazy.  This is one of the better console launches for me as that gives me Spider-Man, Demon's Souls, and maybe Godfall for launch.

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 06:02:45 pm »
As far as the direct went, it was average. Personally, I'm only excited for FFXVI. However, I hope it steers away from XV by including women as playable leads.

- Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Actual gameplay, the new powers look incredible.  Confirmed to be a launch title.  Will be available on PS4.  There will be an ultimate edition that comes with a voucher for the first game remastered with all the DLC.

And the Ultimate Edition is confirmed to be priced at $69.99 too, which is a great deal.

Edit: Okay, so apparently confirmed pricing is...weird, to say the least. Spider-Man: Miles Morales debuts at $49.99, whereas Destruction All Stars and the remake for Demon's Souls are priced at $69.99. Meanwhile, Sackboy: A Big Adventure is $59.99.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:24:56 pm by dhaabi »

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 06:33:54 pm »
Some games might cost upwards 70$ retail with ps5.

I miss them times when games where only 40$ brand new

Where are the era's when games got cheaper not more pricy

We already have increased fee's thanks to dlc and micro transactions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:36:29 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 06:38:27 pm »
An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That's $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

telly

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 06:46:50 pm »
Could you imagine paying over 750 bucks for a 2600?? x(
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 06:47:18 pm »
I'm definitely more optimistic and excited about the PS5 at this point, but as others have pointed out, everything really cool looked like it's coming out next year at the earliest. I'm 90% sure I'm going to wait on the PS5 until next year, maybe even 2022.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 06:49:47 pm »
An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That's $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

your forgetting dlc and micro transactions though, inflation ain't going to save it than

Also the thing is. from ps1 to ps3 era, games got cheaper prices actually dropped by the gen. all I'm saying. anything before ps1 era was also fairly pricy in terms of consoles. Like most electronics videogames actually got cheaper in terms of production

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 07:03:06 pm »
After all this prep into getting an Xbox SeriouX PS5 pulls out the last resort - The only plan to stop me jumping consoles, Final Fantasy XVI as a Launch exclusive - Daymn!

It looks great too, I don't tend to like Hi-fantasy as much as many - Do be honest I wanted a more lighthearted style like IX. But I'm happy with everything I saw. I hope in time they change the graphical style as it reminds me too much of FF14's engine work. But overall very impressed, can't see it releasing before 2022 which is fine with me.

There was a lot of other good stuff on show Resident Evil 8 is another title I am very eager to play, it's a very bold new direction for the series style and I'm open to what it brings + I loved RE7, easily one of my favourite titles this gen!

The Oddworld title looks phenomenal too! A very true sequel to Odyssey.

Overall great show, easily the best I've seen all year. I won't be getting a PS5 this year,  the launch titles don't have anything that grapes me but I am sure I'll have one by the end of 2021.

dhaabi

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 07:12:42 pm »
After all this prep into getting an Xbox SeriouX PS5 pulls out the last resort - The only plan to stop me jumping consoles, Final Fantasy XVI as a Launch exclusive - Daymn!

Final Fantasy XVI is a PlayStation 5 exclusive with it also to be released for PC. It isn't a launch title debuting on November 12 alongside the PlayStation 5—with there being no release window given at all for Final Fantasy XVI. Perhaps you only worded what you meant wrong and instead mean what I'm explaining, but I figured I'd go ahead and explain anyway just in case you misunderstood.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:14:47 pm by dhaabi »

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 07:29:32 pm »
https://www.gamesradar.com/how-much-do-ps5-games-cost/

Just realised that games could cost upwards of 80$ retail in europe, that's a first that they made it more pricy than the US aside from it's currency.

That's painfull that's a 20$ increase 33%. discounts exists even on release but still 20$ and 33% more on average is pretty rough :o

Probably has something to do that people in the USA have to pay taxes on everything but who knows really.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:35:39 pm by sworddude »

pzeke

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 07:58:57 pm »
So many games...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!