Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020!  (Read 17625 times)

kashell

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020! Buy time!
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2020, 12:00:11 pm »
Awesome!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2020, 11:48:40 am »
Alright, my gift is on it's merry way! Let's hope it arrives within 6 weeks :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

Flashback2012

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2020, 01:18:51 pm »
An update or sorts for those following along with this micro-nightmare. So on Monday I called the GS customer service line and within a few minutes I actually got in contact with a live human!  :o This fellow's name was "Earl" and he had THE thickest Asian accent. Whatever, I've dealt with out-of-country support for IT issues at work and his English was a lot more discernible. So "Earl" is going through the motions, asks my name, phone number, and order number and I'm given the illusion that something's happening.

After every piece of info I'm placed on hold for about a minute; confusing but whatever. Then he asks for the tracking number for the items I mentioned were delivered. I knew this is where things were going to go awry. He comes back off hold and goes "Your items have shipped."  ::) Mind you, I opened the call stating I am looking for an order that shows shipped but I've not received, ordered on the 23rd but somehow the items time-traveled and arrived on the 19th in a state 1100 miles away from me. Back on hold I go...

He comes back and asks if I want a refund or replacement. Stupid me at that point should have just said refund and washed my hands of it but I said replace. I go on hold again, he comes back and says something hurriedly then says it'll be 10-15 days. I say okay and boom...call ended. I go to look at the order today and no update, shows same bad tracking number and no indication it's on re-order. Now I'm stuck waiting 10 or so days to call back and put in for a refund.

Hopefully this weekend I can secure the items locally. The GS website still is fubar so I have to go to my old store and ask the manager to help me track them down.  :-\

Flashback2012

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2020, 09:20:21 pm »
OMFG. Woke up for work and checked my e-mail. I got a notification from GS. Said my order has been delivered. Except I checked the mail today and there was none. No letters or packages. I checked the tracking number and it's the same damn one showing shipping on the 19th to Pompano Beach.  >:(

Guess I'm wasting my morning tomorrow calling and killing this damn thing.

« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2020, 07:45:34 am »
OMFG. Woke up for work and checked my e-mail. I got a notification from GS. Said my order has been delivered. Except I checked the mail today and there was none. No letters or packages. I checked the tracking number and it's the same damn one showing shipping on the 19th to Pompano Beach.  >:(

I've never had that kind of trouble with GameStop, but based on horror stories I've heard it doesn't surprise me at all.  Sorry this happened!

« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2020, 08:17:31 am »

I've never had that kind of trouble with GameStop, but based on horror stories I've heard it doesn't surprise me at all.  Sorry this happened!
I have, more than once.  My condolences Flashback

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2020, 09:08:28 am »
I would like to ask if I can join the live unpacking on the livestream
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2020, 10:07:36 am »
I got a proper web cam this year so no fighting propping up my cellphone if I'm able to join again this year.

kashell

« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2020, 10:46:01 am »
I'm hoping dashv can work his magic and get us all virtually together again. It'll be like a family reunion!

telly

« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2020, 12:04:17 pm »
My package arrived today! It's going to be so hard to keep this on the shelf unopened for another month  :-[

I've also mailed out my gift.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2020, 02:19:59 pm »
Okay.

Okay.  Okay.  Okay.

I'm pretty sure my SS package arrived.  You sick fuck.

Let's start from the beginning.  Let me tell you the tale of the last game I ever bought from Indiebox.  Fucking Indiebox.  Indiebox did a collector's edition for Super Meat Boy.  Pretty popular game.  Well these folks included a nice little letter with the game to say thanks for buying the game.  Stupid me opened the letter in my car as soon as I got it out of the mailbox.  These chucklefucks filled the envelope for the letter full of glitter.  I fucking hate glitter It's the herpes of arts and crafts supplies.  Tons of glitter everywhere.

So I get a notification from USPS that a package was delivered to my porch.  I look out the window and see a box with Ignition365 written on it.  I can only assume it's SS.  I bring in the box and hand it to my wife for our yearly ritual of her opening the box, seeing if things need to be wrapped, if so, she wraps them.  My wife asks me if I see all this glitter.  I stop.  My head droops.  You sick fuck.  I turn on the entryway light to get a better look.  My wife shakes the box and starts laughing uncontrollably because she can hear how much glitter is in the box.  I turn around to go and look at the box and sure enough you can see the bits of arts of crafts STDs brimming out of the box, luckily contained by the immaculate taping job. Now at this point I can see it's not glitter so much as confetti, which is admittedly better, but you are truly a demented soul.

What the fuck have I got myself into.

Kash, is this gonna be safe to open?!?

My wife is dying over here laughing at this.

I think I'm gonna have to wait until SS unboxing to open this... so evil
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:26:47 pm by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2020, 02:26:50 pm »
LOL imagine if that all got out of the box. xD Guess you gotta open it in a trash bag or something!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2020, 02:30:28 pm »
Why EVER would you think it came from lil', innocent, ol' me?

Aside: I'm dehd from laughing/reading that post.

« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2020, 02:50:27 pm »
Why EVER would you think it came from lil', innocent, ol' me?

It's not like you are the only person from our area that could have sent it...  ;)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2020, 11:00:24 am »
I received my gift, and I accidentally opened it. It was send from Utrecht, the city my university is located in so I assumed it was from my university. However, it was from my secret santa
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]