Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34384 times)

jcalder8

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2012, 01:48:38 am »
Thanks to madmax I think we have to retitle the thread to not safe for work since that is damn sexy!

scott

« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:15 am »
That is pretty awesome, what is that? The Japanese LE version of Final Fantasy Origins?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2012, 09:57:55 am »
So you found one? Cool. :)

madmax

« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:57 am »
That is pretty awesome, what is that? The Japanese LE version of Final Fantasy Origins?

Yeah.  But it has figurines,  art and is huge. :p

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2012, 01:32:00 pm »
I was just in a GS looking at their PS2 B2G1 PS2 games...

Noticed that they had both PS2 Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance games.

Apparently, some employee mis-labeled them as Dark Alliance I (not rare or valuable at all) was tagged at just under $40...and Dark Alliance II (actually kinda' hard to find & valuable) was tagged at $4.95.

So, I picked-up a copy of Dark Alliance II, RPG Maker III (never had one/always wanted to try/check one out), and Obscure: the Aftermath...

...W/ the B2G1 sale...it cost ~ $10.00 altogether.

*Also*, of note, is that my other copy of Dark Alliance II (while pristine) includes only 1 game disc & the manual while the copy I just bought came w/ 1 game disc, a manual, and an extra "Interactive/Game-Guide" Disc...

Anyone know if someone just snagged this out of my original copy...or was it a "send-in for bonus/guide disc" kind of thing?

Thanks-
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »
I dont know anything about the interactive disk ... but if you want to unload that extra manual, you let me know! :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2012, 05:50:08 pm »
 ::)

While I wouldn't exactly consider that manual an "extra" (I have "my copy" w/ the case & manual and my (eventually) "for sale" copy w/ the case & manual...I am sure that I do have some extra manuals that I have no use for laying around somewhere...and when I get to them...I'll be adding them to the "Pay it Forward" thread for anyone that wants/needs 'em.

Actually, I *DO* have an extra manual in good shape for (the DS version) of FF III...

Guess I can add that to the other thread for now until I find the rest of them...

scott

« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2012, 06:20:22 pm »
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 arrived today. I know have all three versions of the game. I mostly wanted this one for the soundtrack album, since I've had the Iwatodai Dorm song stuck in my head for awhile now. Everything is accounted for and in great shape, though the outer box has some shelf wear.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »
My bad -

When I wrote about the 'Bonus' Disc that came w/ the PS2 version of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 before...the disc actually says:
"Non-Interactive" and I had written it as "Interactive".

At any rate, curiosity got the best of me & I popped the disc in just to see exactly what it was...and I was pleasantly surprised!

It had the 4 headings:

"History",
"Character",
"Hints and Tips", and
"Gallery".

It had a ton of back-story, developers talking and Q & A, slideshows, trivia, and "making-of" features on it.

I'm still surprised that I'm just now learning of its existence!

I'm thinking that it either had to be given out, promotionally, at an event -or- ordered/sent-away for because:

A).  None of the DA: 2 cases are "double-disc" cases, and

B).  There's no mention on the box/packaging about it, either.

...just weird...

forte

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2012, 07:27:15 pm »
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ooh this must be what you texted me about, very sexy

I got a few things in the mail today myself:

Rockman X4 (Sega Saturn Collection), Rockman 8 Metal Heroes, Gojira Kaijuu Daikessen, Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story II (Still need I), Mobile Suit Z Gundam

foxhack

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:13 pm »
I grabbed TMNT and The Office for PC, brand new, off of GameTZ's freebie forum for $4 (plus $1.50 for the package at my PMB.)

TMNT because I heard it wasn't that bad, and The Office... well... I have no idea why.

desocietas

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »

Apparently, some employee mis-labeled them as Dark Alliance I (not rare or valuable at all) was tagged at just under $40...and Dark Alliance II (actually kinda' hard to find & valuable) was tagged at $4.95.

Nice!  Usually the stickers are pretty close to what the sell for on the website: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-dark+alliance

You really lucked out!  I remember seeing that cover all the time back a few years ago (for cheap, I assume)... I'll have to keep an eye out for that one myself.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2012, 01:23:03 am »
Had a pretty good score today outside of an EB Games. I had just bought Dragon Age Ultimate Edition(Finally I have been looking for this for months!) and as I was leaving I saw a mother and 2 kids coming in to sell some stuff. I told her that they wouldn't take any of the older stuff they had and I offered to take it off her hands so we agree on $20 and then I offer another $10 for the DS games and then my son found a couple Xbox games that he wanted so I offered another $10 for the Xbox games since I knew I was getting a really good deal already. And now the picture:

Very excited :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2012, 10:47:18 am »

Nice!  Usually the stickers are pretty close to what the sell for on the website: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-dark+alliance

You really lucked out!  I remember seeing that cover all the time back a few years ago (for cheap, I assume)... I'll have to keep an eye out for that one myself.

I should have mentioned that I was looking at & talking about the "bottom" price on the stickers (10% off (iirc) for having the silver 'points' card) - so they actually would have been listed a little higher.

foxhack

« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »

Yesterday's finds.

Today's finds...

The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd (Chinese version) - $2
Codebreaker DJ (PS1/2) - $8 shipped from Canada
50 Cent Bulletproof preorder concert DVD (new) - $1
Pile of Pokemon cards - $1

And here's the contents of that big box...

Artbook, instruction manual, some sort of phone card, two CD OST (sealed), spiral notebook (unused) with the game disc. This appears to be complete as far as I can tell. The phone card has been scratched, sadly. I wasn't going to buy it but I noticed the soundtrack, so I figured, $2, why not? The artbook is still in Japanese.

That Codebreaker DJ is a visualization program for PS1 and PS2. You pop it in, it loads, then you load your own music CD. I didn't really care about it, I mostly wanted the bonus CD included with it. ;p