Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34393 times)

forte

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »
Just got this sexy little number in the mail today. No, I'm never going to open it.

teknophyl

« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »
Today my NES arrived, 2 controllers w/zapper and

Metroid
Blaster Master
SMB/DC
Hogans Alley
NES Open Tournament Golf
Double Dragon
Paperboy
Wrestlemania

spent my lunch hour playing Metroid. Very excited.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

madmax

« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2012, 03:17:15 pm »
Just got this sexy little number in the mail today. No, I'm never going to open it.

:o

Is that the one you said you would never get because it's to expencive?

jobocan

« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2012, 03:54:03 pm »

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and... X7? That's a weird package for sure :p

soera

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2012, 03:55:17 pm »
Once you get done buying all the main stuff you want, you end up buying the stuff that was "too expensive" before which turns into "What the hell else do I have to spend my money on?" Ive picked up a few sealed DW items recently cause my main part of the collection was complete myself!

forte

« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »

:o

Is that the one you said you would never get because it's to expencive?
No, that's Rockman Strategy for PC (and it has a questionable origin anyhow)

But yeah, I'm at the point in my collection where I'm buying the "What the hell else do I have to spend my money on?" stuff :P

jobocan

« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2012, 09:56:35 pm »
Just picked up Monster World IV on PSN, pretty fun to far.

And I also added Scott on my PSN friend list, though I can't really add that to my collection :P

desocietas

« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2012, 10:38:39 pm »
And I also added Scott on my PSN friend list, though I can't really add that to my collection :P

Gotta catch 'em all!

You know you might be buying too much on the internet if you receive two different packages addressed to you and have no idea what might be in either of them.

I got some shoes I'd ordered and had so thoroughly forgotten about this one, I almost thought it was a belated bday gift:

http://vgcollect.com/item/16091

I purchased it last week from someone in Canada... memory must be goin'.
But then again... IT'S LIKE EVERY DAY IS CHRISTMAS.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2012, 12:31:41 pm »
@desocietas: I LOVE that game. Although I liked the navigation in 2 better (you can skip the beginnings of songs where you don't play, like in Elite Beat Agents), the track listing on this one is great.

If you're planning on unlocking all the difficulty levels and everything, I hope you like Ready Steady Go...I love that song, but I bet I heard it 200 times by the time I actually got through it on the final difficulty level. That's what's kept me from finishing 2...I don't like the ending song as well and it's hard to punch through it time and time again.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:48 pm »
@desocietas: I LOVE that game. Although I liked the navigation in 2 better (you can skip the beginnings of songs where you don't play, like in Elite Beat Agents), the track listing on this one is great.

If you're planning on unlocking all the difficulty levels and everything, I hope you like Ready Steady Go...I love that song, but I bet I heard it 200 times by the time I actually got through it on the final difficulty level. That's what's kept me from finishing 2...I don't like the ending song as well and it's hard to punch through it time and time again.

I've been kicking myself for years for not buying it on Amazon when it was available.  But I finally found someone selling it for under $25, so that was enough for me.  I played the first song and so far so good.  If anything, I know nothing about the Japanese language so am just guessing the at what's written on the screen.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »
More "Recently Purchased" than "Recently Added":

Several pre-ordered PS3 copies of the Atelier Mereru LE were delayed by one week...but should be arriving relatively soon, and, yesterday, I pre-ordered a few of the upcoming PS3 versions of Record of Agarest War 2 LE's.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21:51 pm »
The Threads of Fate soundtrack arrived today from Soera, sweetness.

Also, I bought a Wireless N adapter for my 360, so I could take it with me to my folks house. (all because I am hooked on Borderlands again)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teknophyl

« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2012, 09:23:16 pm »

Also, I bought a Wireless N adapter for my 360, so I could take it with me to my folks house. (all because I am hooked on Borderlands again)

If you are around Saturday night and dont mind running with a 16 lowbie, I would dust off my copy. I loved it, but never could find anyone to play with.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

scott

« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2012, 10:51:16 pm »

If you are around Saturday night and dont mind running with a 16 lowbie, I would dust off my copy. I loved it, but never could find anyone to play with.

I'm not 100% sure what my plan is for Saturday yet. I'm level 45 tho, so it may make things way too easy for you, ha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2012, 06:41:17 pm »
I took the day off and we hit some garage sales this morning.  I picked up a handful of pretty common games, but I found them pretty cheap (no more than $2 for any of these):

PS1:
Family Feud

PS2:
Narnia
Driv3r
Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of the Cortex
Metal Gear Solid 3

XBox:
Prince of Persia Warrior Within

Books:
Guinness Book of Video Game Records 2008
Top Secret Passwords (my only retro find of the day)
Assassin's Creed Players Guide