Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 31865 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 01:55:14 am »
Damn... Nice haul! Always wanted to get General Chaos. If you want to part from it, hit me up!

That's one I've been looking for.  Actually, General Chaos and Mutant League Football are 2 of the Genesis games I've been searching for.  That list is very, very short.

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 03:14:04 am »
Recent purchases... beautiful copy of Ogre Battle 64 CIB.  Couple saturn games, an Ogre Battle guide and some Gamecube stuff.  I can't wait to replay the original Resident Evil w/updated graphics.

jcalder8

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 09:50:37 am »
Those are some great pickups turf and varkias.

scott

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »
Nice haul for sure. I've had that Paper Mario for years and have yet to play it...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 04:05:49 pm »
Now, normally at this hot, humid, and "taken-over-by-tourists" time of year...I'd *NEVER* make the 1/2 hour drive south down the Garden State Parkway to my favorite game store  (*ANYWHERE*) in Atlantic City, N.J.

Well...after seeing some of all of your recent scores/finds at garage sales, flea-markets, etc...and after having just about a 100% "Strike-Out" rate at each & every one that I've been to lately...my petty jealousy over:

*Waah*  :'(
"It's NOT Fair" :(
"They've been finding all sorts of good shit" -
..."and I haven't been getting any" (*GAMES*, that is:)

So, this afternoon, I decided to go down there to the store, shop, hang-out for awhile, and talk/bull-shit w/ my friend, the owner...

Now, I didn't do *Perfectly*...but it *was* worth the trip!

I ended up walking out of there with the following:

(1).  Indigo Prophecy C.I.B. (PS2) (this one's a "double" for me since I already had 1 *sealed* copy of it),

(2).  Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff C.I.B. (PS2),

(3).  Orphen: Scion of Sorcery C.I.B. (PS2),

(4).  Drakengard (ps2) - (Which, unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got back home, that it was the Drakengard *ONE* game (disc) in the box & with the manual for Drakengard *TWO*  >:(

(5).  Blood Omen 2 C.I.B. (PS2),

(6).  Galerians C.I.B. (PS1), and

(7).  KLONOA: -Door To Phantomile- C.I.B. (PS1)...

...all of the above for $35.00/Cash  ;D :D :) ;)

This guy still (somehow) has an incredibly large (hundreds) of still *sealed* (and hundreds more "C.I.B./Like-New) PSX and Dreamcast games...

He has such a big inventory - that he simply *REFUSES* to count/list them all...but...if anyone's interested in calling him themselves to inquire about any of these, I'd be more than happy to get you in contact w/ him (and, if you find something that you want, picking it up and sending it off to you:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »
Oh man. Nice get on the Klonoa ps1 game! The 2nd one was one of the first games I got for PS2 and I loved it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2012, 04:27:36 pm »
Oh man. Nice get on the Klonoa ps1 game! The 2nd one was one of the first games I got for PS2 and I loved it.

Yeah, Klonoa, by far, made me the happiest out of that haul  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

urbanchaos

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2012, 06:15:25 pm »
Damn... Nice haul! Always wanted to get General Chaos. If you want to part from it, hit me up!

That's one I've been looking for.  Actually, General Chaos and Mutant League Football are 2 of the Genesis games I've been searching for.  That list is very, very short.

I've been able to snag a copy of it not for the same price you got your's (which was a steal), but $6.50 is still a good deal for me.

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2012, 06:33:44 pm »

Those were two of my favorites growin' up; before the Playstation, the Genesis was my favorite console for sure.  I'll have to see where those old games are lying around and see if I can still snag them from my parents.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 09:14:18 pm »
I've not went game hunting much lately. But I did add the Final Fantasy Tactics Guide (thanks to Soera), Romancing SaGa (thanks to Disgaeniac) to my collection. Also I went out and bought a copy of Gungnir for PSP today. 

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 12:15:22 am »
You'll have to let us know how Gungnir is!

jcalder8

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:43 am »
Also I went out and bought a copy of Gungnir for PSP today.
I actually found a brand new copy of this today but it was still $30 so I passed.

scott

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:47 am »
I actually found a brand new copy of this today but it was still $30 so I passed.

Ya mine was Brand New too. But I didn't want to risk it becoming hard to find. PSP games are quickly disappearing from all my local shops.

jcalder8

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:05 am »

Ya mine was Brand New too. But I didn't want to risk it becoming hard to find. PSP games are quickly disappearing from all my local shops.
I haven't seen much of a drop since they were never that popular around here to begin with so it really just looks like the same games that are still on the shelves

desocietas

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 02:07:25 am »
It's not so much of them disappearing from my shelves but that they keep getting pushed around to different locations as the Vita and other displays vie for space...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas