Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19218 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2013, 05:37:41 pm »
It's just as easy on PS2. All it takes is a software install on a PS2 memory card.
Not if your PS2 was manufactured after a certain date. :P

Must be a pretty late date. I have a Slimline Model and that's what I used when I used to pirate. Don't do it anymore, though (personal moral choice).

pacpix

« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2013, 12:40:13 am »
Well, today I conquered Wizardry, kind of.  After many weekends filled with level grinding and graph paper I finally made the journey to defeat Werdna.  I defeated his guardians with almost no trouble, I was unstoppable. I found Werdna's lair, opened the door and saw this message:
"The Monsters Surprised You"
That was quickly followed by Vampires and Vampire Lords paralyzing and level draining me and Werdna wiping out most of the party with a Tiltowait spell.  JS the Samurai, Link the Samurai, Yar the Cleric, Q*Bert the Thief, Pac-Man the Mage, and Edgar Martinez the Wizard had been destroyed in two rounds of battle. Seeing the party I had spent probably close to 30 hours creating about to die, I panicked and hit reset.  I had not cheated in the game till that point, I had accepted all party wipes and made my own maps.   

I will have my revenge when I play the PS1 remake.  I don't care how long it takes, how many characters die, or how much time I spend, I will destroy Werdna! >:(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2013, 01:02:43 am »
Man, Pac-Pix, that sounds pretty cheap. I would have prolly hit reset too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:12 am »
If that fight had been fair (usually the monsters don't surprise you) Level 10 of Wizardry probably would have been one of my most exciting and fun gaming experiences.  My heart skipped a beat every time I took a step or battled a guardian.

« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2013, 02:33:10 am »
I will have my revenge when I play the PS1 remake.  I don't care how long it takes, how many characters die, or how much time I spend, I will destroy Werdna! >:(

And oh, what a sweet victory it will be :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2013, 10:26:00 am »
I've always wondered, though...*why* the ps2 version of this game almost always seems to go for double-triple the cost of what the exact same game on the X-box is going for...any ideas - smaller print-run; maybe?
I think it's because it's much, much, much easier to pirate stuff for the Xbox. :P

It's just as easy on PS2. All it takes is a software install on a PS2 memory card.

I've always wondered the same thing about about BG: DA II on PS2. I think it's just because the PS2 is a much more popular system, so the game is more sought after on PS2.

That could explain it, too...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »
I've always wondered, though...*why* the ps2 version of this game almost always seems to go for double-triple the cost of what the exact same game on the X-box is going for...any ideas - smaller print-run; maybe?
I think it's because it's much, much, much easier to pirate stuff for the Xbox. :P

I've always wondered the same thing about about BG: DA II on PS2. I think it's just because the PS2 is a much more popular system, so the game is more sought after on PS2.

That could explain it, too...

I'm not sure if "double-triple" is quite accurate, though. I just paid $25 plus shipping for my copy of BG: DA II on XBox, and it was one of the cheap ones on eBay. Last I saw, GameStop was selling the PS2 version for $35.99. Only $10 more.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2013, 01:02:37 pm »
Yeah, I should have been more specific - I was looking at/talking about the prices for the games still *sealed*; the last time that I looked...

EDIT

Just did a quick look on Amazon & there's less of a difference than there was last time I checked:

(Sealed #'s here):

PS2-version = (starting @) $121.15 and

X-Box-version = (starting @) $86.95

Just keep in mind that those are the *cheapest* ones...I didn't compare "like new" prices for the used ones, or anything...maybe I will - I'm curious now  :o
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:10:01 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2013, 01:07:01 am »
Well today I woke up still pissed off, so I decided to start Wizardry on the NES again.  My day went like this:
8:30- Wake up
8:40- Eat
8:50- Shower
9:00- Play Wizardry
10:00- Play Wizardry
11:00- Play Wizardry
12:00- Eat/Use internet
1:00- Play Wizardry/Listen to Mariners game
2:00- Play Wizardry/Listen to Mariners game
3:00- Play Wizardry/Listen to Mariners game
4:00-Play Wizardry
5:00-Eat
6:00-Drive
7:00-Play Wizardry
8:00- Play Wizardry
9:00-Play Wizardry
9:46- DESTROY WERDNA
10:00-Write post on vgcollect

Overall I level grinded the same enemy just over 600 times and since I already had the elevator ribbon I went straight to Werdna after that.  I have never been so determined to destroy a video game character ha. :)

scott

« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:08 am »
Ha, congrats!

scott

« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2013, 11:54:32 pm »
Finished Castlevania: Mirror of Fate just now, with 100% completion. With 12:31 logged into the game. I enjoyed it, much more than Lords of Shadow. I'm hoping LoS2 doesn't disappoint.

Now, the cart can go back in the case and sit on display, until I pack it up to move.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2013, 01:05:17 pm »

Very fun campaign with slick production values, I enjoyed it. And best of all, Nathan Fillon was a voice-actor for one of the main characters! Still not quite as good as the main trilogy, though.

Heretic on PC.

Love the game. Just recently downloaded it off of Steam and it brought back a lot of nostalgia. From the looks of the map that shows in-between levels, though, the game seemed to skip one building. Is that normal, or is there something I have to do to get there?

I've since started HeXen, and despite all the improvements, I like Heretic better. I like the FPS style of gameplay it offered. There's too much melee combat in HeXen. Yeah, there's the mage, but it still doesn't feel the same. Oh well, it's still a fun game and I'm enjoying it as well.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2013, 02:10:24 pm »
I just now got around to finishing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.  I had a blast with it.  It's not a real deep game.  It's good to just pickup and play for a few minutes after lunch before I have to get back to work.