Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19675 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2013, 08:23:20 pm »

Just finished Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for XBox.

Fantastic action-RPG that is a worthy successor to the first entry and was well worth the $30 purchase.

The third-to-last boss, the girl-turned vampire who was the first person you rescue in the game, was hard as heck! Harder than the vampire who turned her (second-to-last boss), and harder than the final boss! I had my armor enhanced to have 50% Ignore Knock-Back, yet nonetheless she was knocking me back and getting like 4-5 hits because of it for every 1 hit I'd give her. Luckily I had a lot of healing potions.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2013, 08:50:17 am »

Just finished Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for XBox.

Fantastic action-RPG that is a worthy successor to the first entry and was well worth the $30 purchase.

The third-to-last boss, the girl-turned vampire who was the first person you rescue in the game, was hard as heck! Harder than the vampire who turned her (second-to-last boss), and harder than the final boss! I had my armor enhanced to have 50% Ignore Knock-Back, yet nonetheless she was knocking me back and getting like 4-5 hits because of it for every 1 hit I'd give her. Luckily I had a lot of healing potions.

You know...I played the 1st one of these (on the PS2, though) & I have the (PS2 version of the) 2nd, that, eventually I'll get around to.

I've always wondered, though...*why* the ps2 version of this game almost always seems to go for double-triple the cost of what the exact same game on the X-box is going for...any ideas - smaller print-run; maybe?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2013, 08:56:53 am »
Hey guys! I finished a game, holy crap!

Just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. It's a good game, and feels more like a Castlevania game than Lords of Shadow did. But the ending of it seems anti-climactic (if you beat it w/o 100%) anyway. I think it has to do with how they set up the story, it kinda plays backwards. Either way, I enjoyed it a lot more than Lords of Shadow and there weren't any chupacabras (yay)!

I'm gonna go through and quickly 100% it, then it's back to Etrian Odyssey.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2013, 08:58:16 am »
how long to 100% it, Scott?

scott

« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2013, 09:01:38 am »
I finished it w/ 86% completion. I'm hoping only a couple more hours of searching, but I'm not sure.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2013, 09:12:23 am »
I finished it w/ 86% completion. I'm hoping only a couple more hours of searching, but I'm not sure.

How many hours in, so far?

scott

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2013, 09:20:07 am »
hmm. maybe 10 hours? So far, I'd have to check my file.

foxhack

« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2013, 11:51:38 am »
I've always wondered, though...*why* the ps2 version of this game almost always seems to go for double-triple the cost of what the exact same game on the X-box is going for...any ideas - smaller print-run; maybe?
I think it's because it's much, much, much easier to pirate stuff for the Xbox. :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2013, 11:57:32 am »
I think it's because it's much, much, much easier to pirate stuff for the Xbox. :P

Ah...having never been much of an X-Boxer, I wouldn't have/didn't know that -but- it makes sense :P

What makes the PS2 games so much harder than the X-Box games?

foxhack

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2013, 01:08:22 pm »
There are way more PS2 models than Xbox models.

Since there are less Xbox models out there, the same modding / softmodding tools will work on most of 'em, unlike the PS2, which has many different models that blocked the modding / softmodding tools (no hard drive, removed bits on the motherboard, no support for booting off the memory card, etc.)

Also, I see people sell Xboxes with games in them down here all the time. The system is a pirate machine.

sin2beta

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »
What makes the PS2 games so much harder than the X-Box games?

I think it is a number of factors. Chief among them is the preinstalled hard drive. This makes modding really fun for the community. There are a lot of neat possibilites that the hard drive creates. Also, I think a little bit of the community came over from the already decent Dreamcast modding community (ran Windows CE and shared a little bit of OS tech with the XBox). The XBox scene also just started off strong. Community projects feed off of itself. And the XBox has one of the best homebrew/mod scenes I have seen. And I am not just talking about the size of the community. The XBox mod scene is a GOOD community. When you've got a good/helpful community, the community will grow faster.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »
Kinda like the MAME/Arcade builder community at BYOAC. I rarely see a troll post pop up in project threads over there. When folks are helpful, the community is better for it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »
When folks are helpful, the community is better for it.

True DAT; say it again, brother  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2013, 05:18:58 pm »

It's just as easy on PS2. All it takes is a software install on a PS2 memory card.

I've always wondered the same thing about about BG: DA II on PS2. I think it's just because the PS2 is a much more popular system, so the game is more sought after on PS2.

foxhack

« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »
It's just as easy on PS2. All it takes is a software install on a PS2 memory card.
Not if your PS2 was manufactured after a certain date. :P