Author Topic: favorite video games of all time  (Read 9532 times)

Re: favorite video games of all time
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2014, 12:39:20 am »
1. Shenmue and Shenmue II: There are very few games that I feel are works of art, but this is hands down one of them. The game seriously grips my emotions the whole way through; love the story, love the characters, love the setting, love the collecting, love the gameplay, love it, love it, love it! This may sound a little over dramatic, but I honestly feel like part of my life will remain incomplete if Shenmue III never gets made. I have never played such a satisfying and captivating game in my whole life :)

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:
This is one of those games that deserves every little bit of hype and praise it gets. If it weren't for Shenmue's emotional pull on me, this game would be number 1 since it is definitely the closest game to prefection I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

3. Final Fantasy VII:
I know a lot of people say it is overrated and whatnot, however I think it deserves its accolades and reputation as being one of the best, if not the best RPG of all time. It was the game that made me fall in love with RPGs, so I owe it a lot.

4. Half Life 2:
By a country mile the best FPS I've ever played. It is also the most imersive and entertaining FPS ever created imo. I have played it almost annually since it was released in 2004.

5. Zone of the Enders: The best action game I have ever played, and also the most underrated game I have ever played. The gameplay is extremely fast paced, fluid, and simple, yet challenging. Also everything about this game screams Anime, which is a big reason why I love it so much!

6. Super Mario 64:
I owe this game my obsession with gaming. I have played through this game so many times since I got it with my N64 back in 1996 that it isn't even a challenge at all, but that still doesn't stop me from replaying it frequently. Such a satisfying game.

7. Marvel vs Capcom 2:
The most entertaining and insane fighting game I have ever played. If anyone is curious, my dream team is Mega Man, Cable, and Ryu (Projectile Types FTW!)

8. Resident Evil (Gamecube remake):
This is still the most genuinely scary game I have ever played, and is the best looking game on the GC imo. While it was not my first RE game, it was the title that made me fall in love with the franchise and the survival horror genre.

9. Perfect Dark:
Until Half Life 2, this game was my goto FPS game, and even games like Halo couldn't even unseat it as my favorite FPS of all time.

10. Radiant Silvergun:
The best SHMUP ever created and the best game to be produced by the legendary developer Treasure. One of the only expensive games I have ever played that deserves its high price 110%.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2014, 11:18:03 am »

2.) Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - This game is quite literally one of the funnest games I've played in my life. It has an excellent story, fast paced combat, amazing art style, the only downside is that it has mediocre voice acting.

You are the first person I have ever seen or known that included a Z.O.E. game in their top ten! That automatically makes you one of the coolest people ever!

It is such an amazing game, hands down the best 3D action game I have ever played. I do prefer the first one, but both a equal in awesome!

Heh - caught the "Jehuty" in your user-name!

Best way I've seen the name used was in a Eurogamer review of the HD ZotE re-make(s) called:

"The Call of Jehuty  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »

2.) Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - This game is quite literally one of the funnest games I've played in my life. It has an excellent story, fast paced combat, amazing art style, the only downside is that it has mediocre voice acting.

You are the first person I have ever seen or known that included a Z.O.E. game in their top ten! That automatically makes you one of the coolest people ever!

It is such an amazing game, hands down the best 3D action game I have ever played. I do prefer the first one, but both a equal in awesome!

Heh - caught the "Jehuty" in your user-name!

Best way I've seen the name used was in a Eurogamer review of the HD ZotE re-make(s) called:

"The Call of Jehuty  ;D

HAHA that is awesome! I feel a little embarrassed that I misspelled it in my user name, but all well, life goes on :p

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2014, 03:47:20 am »
1. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
2. Super Metroid (SNES)
3. Earthbound (SNES)
4. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
5. Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
6. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
7. Dark Souls (PS3)
8. Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Arcade)
9. Secret of Evermore (SNES)
10. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2)
11. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
12. Day of the Tentacle (PC)
13. Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)
14. Kaboom! (2600)
15. Angband (PC)
16. The Last Blade 2 (Neo Geo)
17. Dragon's Crown (PS3)
18. Gun.Smoke (NES)
19. Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
20. Centipede (Arcade)

I never realized how much the Super Nintendo dominates my list.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:57:41 pm by zenimus »

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2014, 09:55:46 pm »
Whoops, double post
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:57:29 pm by zenimus »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 09:14:12 am »
Whoops, double post

hate when that happens!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2021, 04:39:51 pm »
Found this topic. My lifetime favorite video games are pretty much as the following

The entire The Sims People Simulator series 1 series 2 and series 3 for the PC is my most favorite because it was unlike any game at the time, before the first series of expansion and stuff packs came out I never played another game like this game, I vaguely remember wishing for a video game that I could do whatever I wanted without restriction since I was 5. then I got the sims 1 patched version for my 13th birthday, I loved this game so much I played this game more than any other video game. I still have dreams of this game to this day, but no longer play it because my old disc was corrupted  by advanced hackers in my neighborhood at that time. and  now I moved onto much better The Sims 2 Series on PC today. sometimes 3.

Duke Nukem 3D
, here is another game I was amazed with, it was the vary first FPS Genre video game that I played. that lets you destroy the level's environment like shoot out tv screens and shatter glass as well as put bullet holes in the walls and the first game that had more realistic blood effects

StarCraft 1 PC, This is a top down futuristic war Strategy game, some people joke and call this game "Command And Conquer in outer space" because that is exactly what this game is based off of. this game has a real great storyline for nerds like myself, you can skip the story but I don't recommend it. I recommend hearing the story because it's really well done in my opinion. yet the talking portraits and voices in the mission briefing can look kind of cheesy to some people I can imagine.

Heavy Gear 1 another futuristic war simulator only this one is a 1st person shooter with customizable mechs called Gears. you can build your own robot from the ground up and put whatever guns armor and body parts you want on them. you unlock more weapons and mech body parts as you progress in Tour Of Duty or Story Mode. Or you can use the default unlockable mechs for your missions if you don't want to  build your own.

Call Of Duty Series
, I was also amazed at this one when it first came out, it's a FPS genre video game. Earlier titles in the series let you partake in re-enactment of real life World War II battles that once took place in the real WWII.

"Viet Cong Purple Haze" PC and "Viet Cong Fist Alpha" expansion pack. this game is an easy to understand squad strategy game based on the real life US Vietnam Conflict/War. That took place in the mid 1960's. it has a massive Single Player Campaign mode plus a multiplayer. Do not buy the Steam version of this rare PC game, because it is not the same game at  ALL.

Roller Coaster Tycoon Series, a wonderful game that let you customize and build and manage you own amusement or theme parks but this game 1 and 2 does not run correctly on Windows 10 PC's

NHL 2002
, the vary first hockey game I ever played before and I have  a lot of nostalgia for this game as well

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2021, 08:56:31 pm »
Hmmm, I thought there was already a thread like this. I recall posting my list somewhere else not too long ago.
Oh well...

1. Q*Bert (Arcade)
2. TMNT (Arcade)
3. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
4. Super Metroid (SNES)
5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
6. Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3/X360)
7. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
8. Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
10. Vampire Savior (Saturn)

Honorable mention:
Portal, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy X, Mega Man 2, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Streets of Rage 2, Shinobi 3, Bioshock, Dragon Quest VIII, Tekken Tag Tournament

I’m pretty close to finishing Dragon Quest XI, and I already had to stop myself from including it on my list (I didn’t want to include it until I finish it). I’m enjoying it that much.

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2021, 09:02:43 pm »
Hmmm, I thought there was already a thread like this. I recall posting my list somewhere else not too long ago.
Oh well...

1. Q*Bert (Arcade)
2. TMNT (Arcade)
4. Super Metroid (SNES)
10. Vampire Savior (Saturn)

Honorable mention:
Portal, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy X, Mega Man 2, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Streets of Rage 2, Shinobi 3, Bioshock, Dragon Quest VIII, Tekken Tag Tournament

I’m pretty close to finishing Dragon Quest XI, and I already had to stop myself from including it on my list (I didn’t want to include it until I finish it). I’m enjoying it that much.

this one was started in 2012, there probably was another more newer one, but this thread was listed first in the search results :-\
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2021, 03:35:51 am »
Not in any particular order thay are

Zelda A Link to the Past (Snes) & Zelda Windwaker (GameCube)
Halo (Xbox)
Resident evil Code Veronica (Dreamcast) & Resident Evil (GameCube)
Starcraft (pc)
Shining Force I & II (sega genesis)
Blaster Master (Nes)
Disgaea (Ps2) & Disgaea 4 (Ps3)
Brigadine (Ps1)
Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360)
Oblivion (Xbox 360)
Fallout 4 (Xbox 360)
Just Cause (Xbox 360)
Soul Reaver (Dreamcast) & Soul Reaver 2 (Ps2) & Blood Omen 2 (Ps2)
Ace Combat 4 (Ps2)
Forza 2 (Xbox)
Mega Man 2 (Nes)
Super Mario World (Snes)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Red Faction (Ps2)
Final Fantasy X (Ps2)

I couldn't stop at 20 I could of easily done 50 or 100!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:43:34 am by wartoy »

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2021, 03:48:20 am »
Oh well...

I’m enjoying it that much.

this one was started in 2012, there probably was another more newer one, but this thread was listed first in the search results :-\

I think I found that Thread which is for top 10 games of all time - https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5198.0.html

Regardless here is mine again, it hasn't changed for quite some time :P
1-3. Final Fantasy IX
1-3. Final Fantasy VIII
1-3. Final Fantasy VII
04. Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny
05. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty/Subsistance
06. Shenmue I & II
07. Silent Hill 2
08. Xenoblade Chronicles
09. Tekken 3
10. Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck's: World of Illusion

If I could extend it over 10.... hmmm
10. NieR (Original - A game that really grew one me, is worth replaying!)
11. Life Is Strange (Most compelling game I've played in years! Couldn't pout it down)
13. Ridge Racer Type 4 (Remaster plz & Vinyl Soundtrack PLZ!)
14. The Bouncer (3D Streets of Rage realised with a S-E Story)
15. Final Fantasy X (Best all rounder for FF)
16. Gravity Rush (Played on PS4, too bad they botched the sequel up so bad)
17. Crash Twinsanity (great open world level design and genuinely funny script)
18. Catherine (Love the interactive narrative,  and feel the social sim elements fit better than in Persona)
19. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (the PS4 version's combat is perfect!)
20. Crash Team Racing (PS1 - Many-beyond-midnights were spend playing this game!)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 04:02:25 am by vivigamer »

telekill

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2021, 08:44:39 am »
Listing my top 10 games and/or series of all time:

1. Uncharted series with the second still being my favorite game of all time.

The other 9 in no particular order...

2. Ninja Turtles series (8-16bit days)
3. Jurassic Park games (Sega 8-16 bit and PS1)
4. Tomb Raider series
5. Resident Evil series 1-6 and the Outbreak games
6. Mass Effect series
7. Assassin's Creed series
8. Zelda series original through Twilight Princess (GC)
9. Shenmue series
10. Dino Crisis games (PS1 only - I pretend the 3rd doesn't exist)

Honorable mentions:

- Sonic (8-16 bit games including Mania)
 - Streets of Rage series
 - Destruction Derby
 - Twisted Metal 2 and Black
 - Prince of Persia trilogy (PS2)

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2021, 09:08:40 pm »
OK, after finishing Dragon Quest XI and giving it time to sink in, I’ve decided to officially add it to my personal top 10 list. Seriously, it’s the most fun I’ve had with an RPG in MANY years, and blew me away in almost every facet. I can’t overstate how much I loved it. The only issue is the weaker 3rd act.
Sorry, Vampire Savior, you might be my favorite fighting game, but overall fighting games have never been a top genre for me.

1. Q*Bert (Arcade)
2. TMNT (Arcade)
4. Super Metroid (SNES)
10. Dragon Quest XI (PS4)

Honorable mention:
Vampire Savior (Saturn), Portal, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy X, Mega Man 2, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Streets of Rage 2, Shinobi 3, Bioshock, Dragon Quest VIII, Tekken Tag Tournament
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:15:26 pm by undertakerprime »

astralsoul

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2021, 03:08:13 am »
My favorite games change slightly from time to time but most of my top 10 is pretty consistent. I keep an active list of top 100 games of all time that I update every year or two but ill list only my top 20 here to keep it brief.

1. EarthBound (SNES, 1995)
2. Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
3. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES, 1995)
4. Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64, 2001)
5. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES, 1995)
6. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES, 1996)
7. Dark Souls (PS3, 2011)
8. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS1, 1997)
9. Final Fantasy IX (PS1, 2000)
10. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES, 1996)
11. BioShock 2 (PS3, 2010)
12. Diddy Kong Racing (N64, 1997)
13. Crash Bandicoot (PS1, 1996)
14. Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)
15. Final Fantasy VII (PS1, 1997)
16. BioShock (PS3, 2008)
17. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN, 2003)
18. Resident Evil 2 (PS4, 2019)
19. Limbo (PS3, 2011)
20. Final Fantasy XII (PS2, 2006)

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy X, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario World, Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2021, 04:41:49 pm »
1. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
2. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)
3. Suikoden II (PS1)
4. Resident Evil 4 (GameCube)
5. Okami (PS2)
6. Skies of Arcadia Legends (GameCube)
7. Gotcha Force (GameCube)
8. Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
9. Culdcept (PS2)
10. Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land (PS2)
11. Resident Evil REmake (GameCube)
12. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
13. Sengoku Basara 3 Utage (PS3)
14. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
15. DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (Xbox 360)
16. R-Type Delta (PS1)
17. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
18. Borderlands 2 (PS3)
19. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
20. Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)