Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601258 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10230 on: March 24, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »
I may not have played that much persona but i'm not the only one who notices that the jacket is not a replica right?

Definitely not a perfect replica, but it's fairly close. If my sewing skills were better, I'd try to make one myself or might try to alter this one.

The light green chest is more noticeable here:

Ideally, I'd want the inside of the collar to be yellow, not green.

And just like that I now feel dumb.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #10231 on: March 24, 2016, 05:49:12 pm »

No, please don't! I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I'm personally picky about replica-type items... I passed on the Persona 3 Portable preorder for Junpei's hat because it wasn't "just right." Now I regret that decision. But just a little.

But really, no one could get the design right?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #10232 on: March 24, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »

No, please don't! I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I'm personally picky about replica-type items... I passed on the Persona 3 Portable preorder for Junpei's hat because it wasn't "just right." Now I regret that decision. But just a little.

What I meant was I was basing the accuracy of the jacket solely off of the first image. That's why I feel dumb.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #10233 on: March 24, 2016, 05:57:47 pm »

What I meant was I was basing the accuracy of the jacket solely off of the first image. That's why I feel dumb.

Ah, yeah, it wasn't the best image, honestly. I was worried it would throw someone off...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10234 on: March 24, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »
1) Start a podcast
2) Get on iTunes
3)  ? ? ?
4) Profit

Our Parents Basement is on iTunes! 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/our-parents-basement/id1096459182

abe

« Reply #10235 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29:15 pm »

But really, no one could get the design right?

It's a blue baseball cap with one white symbol thingie on it and they couldn't even get it right? :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #10236 on: March 24, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »
It's a blue baseball cap with one white symbol thingie on it and they couldn't even get it right? :o

Exactly. So I didn't preorder it, even though I'd be picking up the game eventually.  Now the cap goes for $75 easily online.  I try hard not to feel the regret, but alas...  :'(
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #10237 on: March 24, 2016, 09:09:12 pm »
I thought it was a meme thing.

^^ Were you making a pun there, rayne? That's what I thought when I read that  ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:18:20 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #10238 on: March 25, 2016, 08:43:27 am »
What happened???  I'm gone for one single day and Sworddude is trolling....and Prince Adam is blasting nut in people's faces.  I can't leave you kids alone for a second!   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #10239 on: March 25, 2016, 11:04:27 am »
Just another day in the life. ^.^

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10240 on: March 25, 2016, 11:11:10 am »
I got frauded through PayPal.

I was pissed that they signed me up for a Master Card with being asked, and they acted like it was some cool upgrade to my account. I had to call their automated line to cancel the damn thing.

I complained to them. Someone must have saw my complaint, because then "PayPal Customer Representative" started talking to me through Facebook. They seemed legit as they listed reasons why they did it. I told them to never issue me a card again or I would sever all ties with the service and report it to my bank. At that point, they offered me a $50 credit to my account. So of course I was like, "Yeah, that'd be great." They asked for my full name and email. I gave it to them. Then they asked for the last 4 digits of the card associated with the account (which is a normal verification process), I gave it to them. Then after a few minutes, he says he has to do it "manually" and needs my password. Then red flags go off in my head. I contact PayPal through their customer service phone number instead, and the guy was a scammer the whole time.

And they could care less about issueing me the card, BTW. Despite the fact that something like that affects your credit, they acted like they did nothing wrong and I was just being a belligerent customer.

Man, I wish PayPal wasn't such a freaking monopoly online.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10241 on: March 25, 2016, 11:23:53 am »
I got frauded through PayPal.

I was pissed that they signed me up for a Master Card with being asked, and they acted like it was some cool upgrade to my account. I had to call their automated line to cancel the damn thing.

I complained to them. Someone must have saw my complaint, because then "PayPal Customer Representative" started talking to me through Facebook. They seemed legit as they listed reasons why they did it. I told them to never issue me a card again or I would sever all ties with the service and report it to my bank. At that point, they offered me a $50 credit to my account. So of course I was like, "Yeah, that'd be great." They asked for my full name and email. I gave it to them. Then they asked for the last 4 digits of the card associated with the account (which is a normal verification process), I gave it to them. Then after a few minutes, he says he has to do it "manually" and needs my password. Then red flags go off in my head. I contact PayPal through their customer service phone number instead, and the guy was a scammer the whole time.

And they could care less about issueing me the card, BTW. Despite the fact that something like that affects your credit, they acted like they did nothing wrong and I was just being a belligerent customer.

Man, I wish PayPal wasn't such a freaking monopoly online.

that sucks man, gotta be careful.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #10242 on: March 25, 2016, 02:26:40 pm »
Wow. Yeah, Paypal is never supposed to ask you for any information about your account. Instant red flag if they do. I'm pretty sure they'll never contact you first, so don't buy into any emails or messages that you get supposedly from them. Always contact them directly about your problems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10243 on: March 25, 2016, 02:32:05 pm »
I did contact them. Then a PayPal representative told me they'd have Smart Connect contact me. I thought this guy was the Smart Connect Representative, unfortunately.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10244 on: March 25, 2016, 02:43:37 pm »
Sheesh, this looks like the Vita's treatment. It feels like the Wii U was just released.

The vita breaks my heart. I want it, but cant justify buying it, when I dont see a single game on it I really wanna play.....

VitaTv's our ftiend :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"