Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1594984 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5490 on: January 07, 2015, 02:24:35 pm »
To our French brothers, stay safe bros!

RIP to all the victims.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:26:17 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #5491 on: January 07, 2015, 02:40:58 pm »
I don't have much interest in the Zelda series, but is there a reason why the pre-orders for Majora's Mask were so limited? That doesn't make much sense since I always see game shelves caked with Zelda titles. Clearly, there's a demand for them.

NOA has been making strange decisions in regards to CE stuff for a bit now. The Mario Kart 8 CE was only available from their Nintendo World store in NYC, same for the Hyrule Warriors CE (and man, I really wanted that one too). I know there were some others we just didn't get at all. I don't know what's up with them.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #5492 on: January 07, 2015, 05:29:28 pm »
NOA has been making strange decisions in regards to CE stuff for a bit now. The Mario Kart 8 CE was only available from their Nintendo World store in NYC, same for the Hyrule Warriors CE (and man, I really wanted that one too). I know there were some others we just didn't get at all. I don't know what's up with them.  :-\

And let's not get started on the Amiibo, and the Pokémon CE that Europe had, and a few other CEs before that. I talk about it often, but man, they keep adding to the pile  :o I just don't know what's going on.

argyle

« Reply #5493 on: January 07, 2015, 05:41:43 pm »

And let's not get started on the Amiibo, and the Pokémon CE that Europe had, and a few other CEs before that. I talk about it often, but man, they keep adding to the pile  :o I just don't know what's going on.

What really sucks too is that as far as games go they are building a KILLER lineup for the Wii U. They're doing everything right on that side of things, and I feel like they have some really positive buzz going too, but stuff like this will hurt them, not help them. Those Amiibos should be fully stocked everywhere. And this CE should have been available for much longer than a few minutes the day they announced it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #5494 on: January 07, 2015, 06:17:32 pm »

What really sucks too is that as far as games go they are building a KILLER lineup for the Wii U. They're doing everything right on that side of things, and I feel like they have some really positive buzz going too, but stuff like this will hurt them, not help them. Those Amiibos should be fully stocked everywhere. And this CE should have been available for much longer than a few minutes the day they announced it.
delete
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:19:17 pm by maximo310 »

maximo310

« Reply #5495 on: January 07, 2015, 06:18:46 pm »

Yeah, this will have a negative impact on NoA, and the company as a whole. They really need to get their act together and address these issues.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5496 on: January 07, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »
I swear as soon as I find out a place has that limited Edition it's already sold out by the time I get there.

kashell

« Reply #5497 on: January 08, 2015, 09:43:25 am »
I guess I'll be the first to post the obligatory "GOD DAMN IT'S COLD HERE!!!" post.

5 degrees in Nashville. I did NOT move south for this crap.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5498 on: January 08, 2015, 10:18:19 am »
I guess I'll be the first to post the obligatory "GOD DAMN IT'S COLD HERE!!!" post.

I guess I'll post the obligatory "That ain't shit" & "...whining & coddled young'ns, these days" response :P

Tell everyone wtf's up w/ "cold" right now, neighbor redblaze :o

So. Jersey's been nice -n- toasty at...what is it today, RB?

Some crazy-ass low number like

20 degrees...

...Below zero

with that brisk, little breeze that's been blowing?!

I've got 2 outside thermometers that, although struggling mightily & valiantly...just can't even make it up to zero :'(

I am surprised that it's that cold as far south you are, kash!

*Waits for obligatory Canadian members to chime-in with their "it's wicked & hella cold (*real*) cold up here, eh!" + their "Viva la Canucks" replies ;)

Funnily enough, my high school's (American) Football team's name was: "The Mighty" (or,maybe it was) "The Fighting Canucks" :-[
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5499 on: January 08, 2015, 11:10:11 am »

Not to be "that guy", but its been in the mid to high 80s last few days here in California lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #5500 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:54 am »

*Waits for obligatory Canadian members to chime-in with their "it's wicked & hella cold (*real*) cold up here, eh!" + their "Viva la Canucks" replies ;)

It's way colder up here eh. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5501 on: January 08, 2015, 12:48:25 pm »

I guess I'll post the obligatory "That ain't shit" & "...whining & coddled young'ns, these days" response :P

20 degrees...

...Below zero

I've got 2 outside thermometers that, although struggling mightily & valiantly...just can't even make it up to zero :'(

Funnily enough, my high school's (American) Football team's name was: "The Mighty" (or,maybe it was) "The Fighting Canucks" :-[

It's Fucking cold out here. But like I said in the summer I prefer this kind of weather cause you can put on as many layers of clothes you want, however you can only remove so many before it's considered indecent.

davifus

« Reply #5502 on: January 08, 2015, 01:09:47 pm »
Was around 9 to 10 F this morning but now it's around 25 F.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5503 on: January 08, 2015, 02:03:52 pm »

It's way colder up here eh. :)

*stops waiting* :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5504 on: January 08, 2015, 02:04:46 pm »

20 degrees...

...Below zero

It's Fucking cold out here. But like I said in the summer I prefer this kind of weather cause you can put on as many layers of clothes you want, however you can only remove so many before it's considered indecent.

I agree - I'll take too cold over too hot any day!