Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1659339 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5820 on: February 02, 2015, 02:13:55 pm »
I did not watch the Super Bowl, but I did watch the following two movies last night. Both of them I have never seen until now:

Fatal Attraction
Dirty Dancing

I think the stuff I watched was far more entertaining, but I'm biased because I can't stand football. ^_~

Hey, I don't care for sports, but the half-time show was pretty entertaining!  My friends and I were doubled over with laughter about Katy Perry and the California Girls bit.

Katy Perry is a hack so, again, my evening was much more fun. ^^() Something about her as always bothered me; just never was a fan.

Actually, the last half-time show I tuned into watch was in 2006 when Prince performed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5821 on: February 02, 2015, 04:00:19 pm »
I'll just be happy when this day is over and I won't have to hear about football until next season.  8)

I will be sending you daily PMs now about football and me bitching about it not football season.  ;D

UFC and wrestling are year-round.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #5822 on: February 02, 2015, 04:31:30 pm »
SO! How bout that sports game huh? I cant believe the losing team lost! I was totally rooting for those guys. But the winning team sure did win all right! Man, I loved the part when those guys scored a point! That was the best.

(I'm from England so I've no idea what's going on)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:33:43 pm by thekosmickollector »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5823 on: February 02, 2015, 05:06:54 pm »
I did not watch the Super Bowl, but I did watch the following two movies last night. Both of them I have never seen until now:

Fatal Attraction
Dirty Dancing

I think the stuff I watched was far more entertaining, but I'm biased because I can't stand football. ^_~

Hey, I don't care for sports, but the half-time show was pretty entertaining!  My friends and I were doubled over with laughter about Katy Perry and the California Girls bit.

lmfao have you seen this?

https://vine.co/v/Ot0jViMbWxE

desocietas

« Reply #5824 on: February 02, 2015, 06:15:39 pm »

Fatal Attraction
Dirty Dancing

lmfao have you seen this?

https://vine.co/v/Ot0jViMbWxE

That's the one! The whole bit was great, honestly.  There were giant beach balls with faces and all of them, including the palm trees, had mouths so that they could "sing along" during the chorus.  It was all really awesome, like a cheesy grade school musical play.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #5825 on: February 02, 2015, 10:18:17 pm »
The dancing sharks may have been my favorite part of the Super Bowl haha
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5826 on: February 03, 2015, 01:44:38 am »
Laughing at how much her star is trending as the "The More You Know..." Star.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

kashell

« Reply #5827 on: February 03, 2015, 08:54:44 am »
I leave on a mini-vacation a week from today. I can't wait. It will feel great to get out of Nashville for a few days for some R&R.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5828 on: February 03, 2015, 11:16:18 am »
I leave on a mini-vacation a week from today. I can't wait. It will feel great to get out of Nashville for a few days for some R&R.

where ya' headed?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5829 on: February 03, 2015, 11:30:12 am »
Just to Naples, FL. I'll be visiting my grandparents so it'll be a super-laid back week.

I see that you got Criminal Girls. Did you fire it up yet? I'm still on the fence about it. It's not because of the censorship (which I find ridiculous) but because I hear it's a mediocre dungeon crawler. I don't want to go through another Mind Zero again.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5830 on: February 03, 2015, 01:16:48 pm »
Nah, I'm stem-deep in Class -o- Crack 2G :o

I read that it uses the back touchscreens on the Vita but - I guess it's nothing major, since it says it's "PSTV" compatible.

That subject's actually a bit of a raw nerve, right now  >:(

I'm all for innovating & trying out new & original things, but...I'm kinda' pissed at the way Gaijinwork's mishandled it (I think) in CoH2G.

They made it so you can use your Vita and/or a PSP, either as a controller or as a "2nd screen to give you much more information"; I guess most people like this?

Me?

I don't want to have to connect a Vita or PSP to get "All of the information/the complete experience:(

Sure - they say (in the same breath) that those who choose not to use it won't be missing anything, WHILE, those who do use it will receive information, options, screens, etc that's exclusive to playing it that way.

I've got no problem with adding *OPTIONS* that you can take or leave --but-- when paying full price for a PS3 game...I want the full experience available...on my PS3 :-\

I know a bunch of us here got it...thoughts on this?

Have a nice time, kash - staying connected or going off the radar?

desocietas

« Reply #5831 on: February 03, 2015, 01:26:10 pm »

I read that it uses the back touchscreens on the Vita but - I guess it's nothing major, since it says it's "PSTV" compatible.

I'm all for innovating & trying out new & original things, but...I'm kinda' pissed at the way Gaijinwork's mishandled it (I think) in CoH2G.

They made it so you can use your Vita and/or a PSP, either as a controller or as a "2nd screen to give you much more information"; I guess most people like this?

Me?

I don't want to have to connect a Vita or PSP to get "All of the information/the complete experience:(

Sure - they say (in the same breath) that those who choose not to use it won't be missing anything, WHILE, those who do use it will receive information, options, screens, etc that's exclusive to playing it that way.

I've got no problem with adding *OPTIONS* that you can take or leave --but-- when paying full price for a PS3 game...I want the full experience available...on my PS3 :-\

I'm excited about that feature but haven't tried it out myself yet (I have CoH1 and want to give that a try first).  It looks like it mimics what a Wii U and gamepad would do, so it seems pretty neat.  If anything, I wish I could stream what would also be on the Vita screen when I decide to play it, but who knows - maybe I'll be able to do that many moons from now (when I finally get around to playing it).

No other game seems to offer that functionality right now, so it seems pretty neat to me.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5832 on: February 03, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »

Me?

I'm excited about that feature but haven't tried it out myself yet (I have CoH1 and want to give that a try first).  It looks like it mimics what a Wii U and gamepad would do, so it seems pretty neat.  If anything, I wish I could stream what would also be on the Vita screen when I decide to play it, but who knows - maybe I'll be able to do that many moons from now (when I finally get around to playing it).

No other game seems to offer that functionality right now, so it seems pretty neat to me.

I think it's neat too!

I just think that there should be either an option or a setting to select "I will/won't be using this feature".

Then, for those who don't want to use it, or (not my case -but- also for those w/o a Vita or a PSP), there should be a way/place to see what would be being displayed (at least info-wise), on the other controller/screen someway or somewhere else.

just throwing (the only) 2 pennies (that I have to my name:) around again; d-sis  ;)

kashell

« Reply #5833 on: February 03, 2015, 02:11:25 pm »

Me?

I'll try to stay connected via my phone, even though the Droid browser is kind of fickle.

I feel the way you feel about the issue. I never liked it when you had to attach more "stuff" to a console to get the full experience. As I read through your description, I couldn't help but to flash back to the one time I tried FF: Crystal Chronicles.

Maybe I'll pick up Criminal Girls next week before I leave. We'll see. I'm sure Muramasa will keep me very busy.

argyle

« Reply #5834 on: February 03, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »

Me?

I haven't played (or even opened) mine yet, but my understanding was that the second screen would show you info that would be available otherwise in a menu somewhere - is that not the case?  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis