Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600930 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #900 on: July 15, 2013, 08:27:50 am »
I am slowly working on building a Wizardry collection and I came across this on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/400371622947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Probably a dumb question, but what exactly is this item?  I think it would be cool to have a piece of Wizardry history that came from the company, but I know nothing about it.
That seems to be a photographic slide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversal_film

So it's just a photo. It's a -neat- thing to have but ten bucks for it? Jeez.

scott

« Reply #901 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:39 am »
Is it bad that I feel old for knowing what a slide is?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #902 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28:12 am »
I am slowly working on building a Wizardry collection and I came across this on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/400371622947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Probably a dumb question, but what exactly is this item?  I think it would be cool to have a piece of Wizardry history that came from the company, but I know nothing about it.
That seems to be a photographic slide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversal_film

So it's just a photo. It's a -neat- thing to have but ten bucks for it? Jeez.
ten bucks might seem like a lot but wizardry has vary dedicated fanbase and because of fanbase, items like this will go up value.
how much it go's up in value depends on which game it was made for but it will go up in value.

« Reply #903 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:41 am »
Just a photo? That's a little unfair, I mean, this was used back when Sir-Tech was functioning. It looks like it was used in advertising the series, and if that's the case, then you should certainly get it.

soera

« Reply #904 on: July 15, 2013, 10:15:49 am »
I dont know what it is ... but for that price, you cant afford to let it go if you collect Wizardry stuff and may not see it again. :)

htimreimer

« Reply #905 on: July 15, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
the best example of item going up in price because of fanbase has to be sierra and lucasarts, look it up ebay or amazon 

pacpix

« Reply #906 on: July 15, 2013, 03:33:06 pm »
Thanks for your help. :)   I just purchased it, it will be a cool collection piece plus it was on sale!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #907 on: July 16, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »
I just got my copy of Capcom Classics Mini Mix for GBA from eBay today.

When I tested it I was surprised at how well they ported Bionic Commando from NES. Most games have little differences in the way they feel when you play them, or a little different looking graphics; when ported to handheld. Bionic Commando felt just the like NES version though, and I've played the NES game A LOT.

Good job Capcom!

foxhack

« Reply #908 on: July 16, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »
I just got my copy of Capcom Classics Mini Mix for GBA from eBay today.

When I tested it I was surprised at how well they ported Bionic Commando from NES. Most games have little differences in the way they feel when you play them, or a little different looking graphics; when ported to handheld. Bionic Commando felt just the like NES version though, and I've played the NES game A LOT.

Good job Capcom!
... um.

It's just the NES roms running on PocketNES with a custom frontend theme. ^^;
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:59:49 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #909 on: July 17, 2013, 12:23:19 am »
Ya I remember Foxhack telling me this, awhile ago, which caused me to decide on passing on it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #910 on: July 18, 2013, 03:18:12 pm »
The "I just read the 1st few pages of my newest issue of Game Informer and wanted to share some things that I thought were either interesting and/or Funny enough to be worth taking the time to type/post and to share with the rest of you all" post -

The GI 'Grading' of the "BIG 3's performances at this E3:

1). Microsoft = a "C", for the obvious reasons,

2).  Sony = an "A", also, IMHO, for the obvious reasons -and- *I* think, by far, the funniest of all:)

3).  Nintendo = an "I:o   -   Because

(a).  "who ever said that you *HAVE* to stop at an "F" and
   (b).  "Because it's an "I"; as in "I" for Incomplete".

AND - just cause it was funny enough to make me (*attractively*) snort iced-coffee outta' my nose...

The OUYA "Presentation"(?)

A. To avoid paying the required fees to display/have a booth at E3...they set-up camp in a parking lot across the street & hung their "Ouya" banners out to fly,  :D

B.  The ESA (collector of said fees) was unhappy enough about this to rent/get trailers to park in between them and the "real" E3...so they couldn't be seen, and

C.  Ouya then rented the space IN FRONT OF THE TRAILERS to display more banners & directional signage to direct interested parties to their...erm...'display' XD!

I couldn't make shit this funny up  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #911 on: July 18, 2013, 11:48:29 pm »
I went to GameStop the other day and this one certain employee just really got under my skin.

First when I walk in, he's talking to a customer about how stupid XBox is for back-peddaling on the DRM and used game stuff. I keep my opinion to myself, though.

I then go up to the counter and ask if either of the employees there had played Dragon's Dogma. They both say yes, so I ask them a simple question: "Is this game an RPG, or is it just an attack the bad-guys button-masher?" The aformentioned guy replies, "What do you mean?" So I clarify that I want something a little more in-depth than just a beat-up the bad guys game. He then looks all taken back and says, "Well you just mash the buttons in any video game, so I'm still not sure what you mean." The girl then turns around and says, "Yes, it's an RPG." And I distinctly got the feeling from that, that I wasn't alone in thinking the guy was being a douche.

So then I decide on Dragon's Dogma and I go to get rung up, and it's my favorite GS employee again. I give him the game, and he goes and switches the case out for one with a game. Before I leave, I open it up, as I always do, and I notice it doesn't have the book like the one I purposely grabbed off the shelf for the book. So I go back and point it out and ask if I could get the case that has the book. He looks at me and says, "What?" I tell him that's why I picked out that copy because I wanted the book. He says, "You don't need the book, it'll tell you what to do in the tutorial." I then finally get a little testy with the guy and tell him, "I want the damn book, because I paid for it, and that's reason enough." He then hands me the book and I walk out.

I really hope that guy gets fired soon. I know it doesn't seem like much, but he just pushed all my buttons.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #912 on: July 19, 2013, 01:01:47 pm »
So I just got Ninja Gaiden Shadow for Game Boy...and you can't stick to walls, in a Ninja Gaiden game...WTF?!

scott

« Reply #913 on: July 19, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »
So I just got Ninja Gaiden Shadow for Game Boy...and you can't stick to walls, in a Ninja Gaiden game...WTF?!

Ya, I thought the same thing when I got it. But I still really enjoy the game. I nearly beat it in one sitting the other day, but the last level is frustrating as hell.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #914 on: July 19, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »
I kid you not, this really just happened:

Across the street today, some old crazy guy was out there in nothing but boxer shorts. He'd also pull his, um, manhood out randomly, but it was covered with a sock. And then he'd just start yelling at no one in particular.

I called the police department, they put me on hold forever so I ended up hanging up. Someone else must have called, though, because they showed up anyways.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:47:13 pm by burningdoom »