Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1527575 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12870 on: March 20, 2017, 06:38:28 pm »
It's so nice outside, and yet here I am stuck under the oppressive lights of an office building. >.<

Hey I build those "oppressive lights"

RedBlaze the ultimate oppressor lol

It's not oppressing, it's lighting up someone's day

Warmsignal

« Reply #12871 on: March 20, 2017, 10:06:22 pm »
I was able to frolic around for a bit outside. It was great. Who doesn't love a good frolicking?

Ever since I've been... not so well health-wise, I've been taking a daily half-hour walk by the lake. The first time I did so it felt like I was on another planet. The beauty of nature is a strange but welcome sight after you've done nothing but stare at a computer screen for months on end. Whatever is going in the world, or in my life personally, it's always that same peaceful place to retreat to. Quite therapeutic.

« Reply #12872 on: March 20, 2017, 10:18:35 pm »
So fun hunting story since we were talking about it earlier.

I decided to stop by a local pawn shop, rarely find things here, only one employee ever really gives me a hard time.  I park in the parking lot, a lady proceeds to reverse into my car.  We exchange info, she leaves, I go inside.  I inquire about getting a copy of security footage in case it is necessary.  They tell me I have to speak with the manager.  Turns out that the lady who always gives me a hard time is the manager.  FUUUUUUUUUUUU-.  Obviously no help.  I get assistance from another employee because I was there for a reason.  The employee mentions to me that if I contact corporate they can force her to give me the footage if I ask.  She gives me the number for the corporate office.  The manager proceeds to come out and tell the employee to go help someone else and that she would finish helping me out.  I had a stack of games, all had stickers for $2-3, she states those aren't her prices and pulls them all off.  Says she will look up the prices.  I'm a little cranky at this point, but usually when they look up prices they price about what they are worth, and they were $2-3 games (Ten Pin Alley PS1, Cool boarders 4 ps1, Tesserae GG, etc), she proceeds to mark them at $10-15.  And when I say mark, I mean she took a marker and marked them the price.  I considered making a big deal about it, but I just don't care about a couple of $2 games.  But I did walk away with Kirby and the amazing mirror for $7, thanks to a different employee. 

They used to rarely get in games other than 360/ps3/wii, but their prices were reasonable.  But ever since she showed up at the store, they've been holding onto the exact same stock of games for the longest time.  That tesserae has been there for at least 4 years now, someone finally put a $2 sticker on it and I see about buying it and she rips it off just to be a dick to me.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12873 on: March 20, 2017, 10:55:41 pm »
She's clearly out for blood. It sounds like she just loathes people. I hate it when store owners are like that, I've come across my share. What is the point of being spiteful and mean to your own customers? It took me years of buying and not ever complaining about anything to get on the good side of a store owner like that.

htimreimer

« Reply #12874 on: March 21, 2017, 01:21:27 am »
well hi, with all the new faces, i'm not sure remembers me, for you who do, i'm not dead and if you don't, i'm one of the original members who signed up back in 2011.

what have i been doing all this time, well not collecting game, largely do to the things i want, i don't have the cash buy them and there was a bit of a hoarding problem, i have since moved on to collecting music and i'm not sure how often you will see me after this post but anyway, whats up, how much has the site changed and dose the flea still have room for his collection

WB htimreimer! I think theflea does still have an enviable collection, yup...  Glad you're still up and around!
sometimes its good to come on by and say hello

kashell

« Reply #12875 on: March 21, 2017, 08:13:13 am »
So fun hunting story since we were talking about it earlier.

I decided to stop by a local pawn shop, rarely find things here, only one employee ever really gives me a hard time.  I park in the parking lot, a lady proceeds to reverse into my car.  We exchange info, she leaves, I go inside.  I inquire about getting a copy of security footage in case it is necessary.  They tell me I have to speak with the manager.  Turns out that the lady who always gives me a hard time is the manager.  FUUUUUUUUUUUU-.  Obviously no help.  I get assistance from another employee because I was there for a reason.  The employee mentions to me that if I contact corporate they can force her to give me the footage if I ask.  She gives me the number for the corporate office.  The manager proceeds to come out and tell the employee to go help someone else and that she would finish helping me out.  I had a stack of games, all had stickers for $2-3, she states those aren't her prices and pulls them all off.  Says she will look up the prices.  I'm a little cranky at this point, but usually when they look up prices they price about what they are worth, and they were $2-3 games (Ten Pin Alley PS1, Cool boarders 4 ps1, Tesserae GG, etc), she proceeds to mark them at $10-15.  And when I say mark, I mean she took a marker and marked them the price.  I considered making a big deal about it, but I just don't care about a couple of $2 games.  But I did walk away with Kirby and the amazing mirror for $7, thanks to a different employee. 

They used to rarely get in games other than 360/ps3/wii, but their prices were reasonable.  But ever since she showed up at the store, they've been holding onto the exact same stock of games for the longest time.  That tesserae has been there for at least 4 years now, someone finally put a $2 sticker on it and I see about buying it and she rips it off just to be a dick to me.

She sounds like a real see-you-next-Tuesday.

rayne315

« Reply #12876 on: March 21, 2017, 11:25:40 am »
did you at least get that tape ignition?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #12877 on: March 21, 2017, 11:39:17 am »
did you at least get that tape ignition?
No.  But my insurance already told me that if I wanted to go through my policy they would waive my deductible and go after their insurance for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12878 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »
Is the site running stupid slow for anyone else?

It seems to be only this site, for me, today.

« Reply #12879 on: March 21, 2017, 02:09:50 pm »
Is the site running stupid slow for anyone else?
Nope.  Only time I see slowdowns, it's happening to all sites, so it's my connection.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12880 on: March 21, 2017, 04:53:13 pm »
Do you say N.E.S., "ness", regular Nintendo, or just "Nintendo" when referring to the Nintendo Entertainment System?

Me, I still catch myself saying "regular Nintendo", because I grew up with both the NES and SNES when they were new, and that's how we differentiated the two of them back then; "regular Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo".

But when I'm on a forum or Facebook or something, I usually just type in "NES".

What about you?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:57:17 pm by burningdoom »

shepard11

« Reply #12881 on: March 21, 2017, 06:37:13 pm »
I always say N.E.S. and kinda twitch when I hear someone say Ness. Don't know why but that always seem to bother me.

kashell

« Reply #12882 on: March 22, 2017, 08:12:08 am »
I always say N.E.S. and kinda twitch when I hear someone say Ness. Don't know why but that always seem to bother me.

I don't twitch, per se, but I do raise an eyebrow. I immediately think of the dude from Earthbound.

I say enn-ee-ess or Nintendo.

« Reply #12883 on: March 22, 2017, 08:22:07 am »
N.E.S.

But I'll refer to the SNES as snez, with the z sound.  I've heard folks call it the S-ness, like es-ness.  or Super-ness.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12884 on: March 22, 2017, 08:53:52 am »
Do you say N.E.S., "ness", regular Nintendo, or just "Nintendo" when referring to the Nintendo Entertainment System?

Me, I still catch myself saying "regular Nintendo", because I grew up with both the NES and SNES when they were new, and that's how we differentiated the two of them back then; "regular Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo".

But when I'm on a forum or Facebook or something, I usually just type in "NES".

What about you?

I'm with you on the "Regular Nintendo".  I said that for years until I got into the collecting community.  Now adays, it's N.E.S. or NES.  I say them both.

Now, it makes my butthole pucker when I hear people say SNES as one word.  It's just a pet peeve of mine.  To each his own, but you won't catch me saying it.  It's a Super Nintendo or an S.N.E.S.  ;)