Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672225 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13215 on: June 13, 2017, 09:28:55 pm »
I bought a Retron after a lot of the issues were resolved.

I bought the game gear adapter day one.  The retron controller is shit, I always used OG controllers, so it doesn't feel to unauthentic.  But, now I use the snes bluetooth adapter and a wii U pro controller.

It's pretty good, well worth it to be able to play game gear on TV.

Does it accept an SMS controller?
Does the SMS have the same plug as the Genesis?  If so I'm sure it does.

Otherwise, no.  But NES isn't far off, right?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13217 on: June 13, 2017, 09:49:17 pm »
Well then
http://nichegamer.com/2017/06/13/level-5-acquires-comcept-rebranded-to-level-5-comcept/
Yeah, I heard about this early this morning.

It sounds like Comcept was getting ready to close its doors (Meaning no Red Ash).  But since Level 5 stepped up, they can finish Red Ash, presumably with no intervention by Level 5 unfortunately.  But it sounds like Comcept is going to be relegated to a support staff role for Level 5, no independent development or titles other than Red Ash.  If Red Ash is successful, that might change, but that might also shut them down for good if it fails.

soera

« Reply #13218 on: June 14, 2017, 12:18:00 am »
I would considering selling mine if you are interested.
Your house, or your Retron 5?

LMAO. My Retron 5.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13219 on: June 14, 2017, 12:49:51 pm »
Anyone here into Synthwave music? Seems like something retro gamers like we have here would be into.

The guys at my local comic shop have been playing it when I go in, and they've got me into it.

Think of the coolest 80s sci-fi and action flicks, and think of their synthesizer soundtracks. Add a little speed and beat into that and you've got yourself Synthwave. Many artists in the genre also invoke 80s video game soundtracks into the inspiration. Very atmospheric and very cool sounding.

The best source I've found for this somewhat new genre is this awesome YouTube channel called Retro New Wave. Here's a "best of mix" they put out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzoSOTdEyRo

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13220 on: June 15, 2017, 12:38:03 pm »

Why does Spider-Man have a white spider on his red & blue costume in the upcoming video game? It's so jarring looking,and doesn't fit that costume, at all. The black costume, sure, but this isn't that.

It doesn't look like that in the comics, and from what I've seen of the Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer, he doesn't have it in the movie, either.

rayne315

« Reply #13221 on: June 15, 2017, 02:38:18 pm »

Why does Spider-Man have a white spider on his red & blue costume in the upcoming video game? It's so jarring looking,and doesn't fit that costume, at all. The black costume, sure, but this isn't that.

It doesn't look like that in the comics, and from what I've seen of the Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer, he doesn't have it in the movie, either.

because 'Merica!!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

shepard11

« Reply #13222 on: June 16, 2017, 01:36:17 am »
So after being a weekly regular customer at one of my favorite haunts for 4 years without missing a week. The owner decided that there will be no more hold boxes so he put all the stuff I had in my hold box along with many other regulars out for anyone to sell. The manager apologized to me and the rest of the guys. I told him I didn't take it personal that I have more important things on my mind (closing on my house)and if anything he's saving me money in the long run. I'm only in this town maybe 6 more weeks. Now I don't feel like I have to keep going back there every week because of the box. If anything since I'm moving an hour away I'll check out of those stores instead. Sorry about the kinda rant. I understand business is business (I manage my own small business) but so out of the blue I'm slightly confused. And if I wasn't mentally tasked with something else I might actually be pissed. Oh well.

« Reply #13223 on: June 16, 2017, 10:44:12 am »
IOI bought themselves out from SquareEnix.

IOI is now an independent studio and retains the rights to the Hitman IP.

http://www.ioi.dk/the-future-of-ioi/

« Reply #13224 on: June 19, 2017, 01:59:22 pm »
Left the last major gaming group on Facebook that I was apart of today.  The admins had been getting pretty dictator like.  They literally changed their rules today to say that if you break any of these rules you'll be banned.

Rule 1) Don't use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove permanent marker
2) Don't use metal polish to clean the contacts on games.
3) Don't use bubble mailers to ship anything.
4) Don't ship media mail to ship anything.
5 and 6 are fair statements about making multiple posts and refusing to ship.

Like... for real?  If you find out that a member is cleaning their own carts with Mr. Clean or Brasso they are banned?  What a bunch of Richard Potatoes.

Whatever, I've made maybe 1 purchase on that group in the past 4 years.  And I've made maybe 1 trade as well.  If I want to pay retail, I'll just go buy on ebay.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13225 on: June 19, 2017, 02:50:25 pm »
That's hilarious. Don't do anything to improve the condition of your games, because gamers don't want good looking games. lmao!

The no media mail thing makes sense, since video games aren't allowed. But the rest of that list is pretty damn stupid.

« Reply #13226 on: June 19, 2017, 03:06:52 pm »
That's hilarious. Don't do anything to improve the condition of your games, because gamers don't want good looking games. lmao!

The no media mail thing makes sense, since video games aren't allowed. But the rest of that list is pretty damn stupid.
It's not infrequent to see folks selling strategy guides and DVD/VHS promotional materials... which would be eligible.

rayne315

« Reply #13227 on: June 19, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »
am I hearing this rumor right? Atari is attempting to make a full fledged console to try and compete with Xbox/PS/Nintendo? anyone have any thoughts about this?

Article I found it in: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2017/06/19/why-ataris-new-console-could-be-just-what-the-gaming-industry-needs/#2441ecf2167b
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13228 on: June 19, 2017, 03:51:46 pm »
am I hearing this rumor right? Atari is attempting to make a full fledged console to try and compete with Xbox/PS/Nintendo? anyone have any thoughts about this?

Article I found it in: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2017/06/19/why-ataris-new-console-could-be-just-what-the-gaming-industry-needs/#2441ecf2167b

I hope so. I'm all for new consoles from new companies. Give the industry some more variety.

But I heard it was just supposed to be their version of the Classic NES. An HD-box that plays Atari carts and has some games built-in.

« Reply #13229 on: June 19, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »
I ignore any articles that come from Forbes.

www.ataribox.com

Really there isn't much info and it will probably be another Atari flashback type of thing... but who knows, maybe it'll have Jaguar, 5200, 7800, and Lynx stuff on it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:08:56 pm by ignition365 »