Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517038 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1185 on: November 24, 2013, 04:23:42 pm »
P...P...P...Pe...P...Per...

...PERSONA, baby  ;D

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/atlus-goes-all-in-on-persona

Good Holiday tidings, indeed (even though they are pretty far off still)  :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1186 on: November 24, 2013, 04:37:01 pm »
P...P...P...Pe...P...Per...

...PERSONA, baby  ;D

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/atlus-goes-all-in-on-persona

Good Holiday tidings, indeed (even though they are pretty far off still)  :(

I guess that if I can Follow myself here, then, there's no reason stopping me from quoting myself here as well  :o

Just something that I find weird -and- that I'm not really understanding...maybe someone here can (hopefully) answer/explain this to me -

Wasn't ATLUS bought buy SEGA; because their parent company (Index) was up to financial shenanigans & malfeasance)?

In some of these videos -and- even stranger (to me) yet...on the back of the instruction manuals of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness & The Guided Fate Paradox...I'm still seeing "Index" taking credit/being mentioned for publishing/distributing the games  :-\

SO...W.T.F.'s going on here?!

foxhack

« Reply #1187 on: November 24, 2013, 05:40:46 pm »
Just something that I find weird -and- that I'm not really understanding...maybe someone here can (hopefully) answer/explain this to me -

Wasn't ATLUS bought buy SEGA; because their parent company (Index) was up to financial shenanigans & malfeasance)?

In some of these videos -and- even stranger (to me) yet...on the back of the instruction manuals of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness & The Guided Fate Paradox...I'm still seeing "Index" taking credit/being mentioned for publishing/distributing the games  :-\

Sega didn't buy Atlus. They bought Index Corporation, Atlus' parent company (and got all of Atlus' properties in the process.) Index, the company, still exists, despite all the fraud that went on within it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_Corporation
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:43:04 pm by foxhack »

desocietas

« Reply #1188 on: November 25, 2013, 01:37:25 am »
CHIBI PERSONA CHARACTERS.

I'm pysched and will be super disappointed if any of those games didn't make it to NA considering the popularity of SMT and how much Nintendo was pushing SMT on the 3DS.  I figure that means that PersonaQ and Persona5 (surprised they didn't try to spell it as Per5ona or something like that) should definitely be making it over.

Arena did well over here as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was a shoe-in also.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1189 on: November 25, 2013, 02:41:59 am »
Maybe most of you know this but there was an announcement  about a couple of Persona games that are being released stateside.

Edit: I am sorry for being so out of it, everyone.  I didn't fully read the page and was spacing out.

Back on track...  Makes me wonder what other Atlus projects SEGA would be doing in the future.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:05:16 am by MJMaranan »

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1190 on: November 25, 2013, 10:58:16 am »

Sega didn't buy Atlus. They bought Index Corporation, Atlus' parent company (and got all of Atlus' properties in the process.) Index, the company, still exists, despite all the fraud that went on within it.

That explains 1/2 of it...I still don't know why Indexs' name is showing up on NON-ATLUS (Disgaea D2 & Guided Fate Paradox) games  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1191 on: November 26, 2013, 01:07:37 am »
Went to a thrift shop today (Thrift City U.S.A.). They had an original Xbox for sale. Somebody painted the entire thing white (badly). And the controller that went with it actually was a controller to one of these and not an Xbox controller at all:

Guess how much they wanted for it?

$50

lol!

sin2beta

« Reply #1192 on: November 26, 2013, 01:30:00 am »

That explains 1/2 of it...I still don't know why Indexs' name is showing up on NON-ATLUS (Disgaea D2 & Guided Fate Paradox) games  :o

ATLUS does international distribution for companies. It appears D2 is ATLUS distributed, http://www.atlus.com/sales/disd2/atlus_disd2_sell_sheet.pdf
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1193 on: November 26, 2013, 08:58:40 am »

ATLUS does international distribution for companies. It appears D2 is ATLUS distributed, http://www.atlus.com/sales/disd2/atlus_disd2_sell_sheet.pdf

sin2beta -

Are you sure that they're *distributing* the games?

That link you provided makes it appear more like ATLUS has something to do w/ the images & art work of both D2 & GFP...I could be misunderstanding / misreading it, though.

« Reply #1194 on: November 26, 2013, 09:16:12 am »
I've completely closed my Square Enix account, which in turn deletes both my FFXI and FFXIV characters :(

It's nothing to do with the games themselves, but Square Enix' terrible support systems (not staff) - the whole system's riddled with stupid errors like "Please contact us using the button below", when there's no button there - and it's so badly joined up a support email sent by an EU user from the EU support page came back with a reply from the Japanese support staff a few days later, asking me to write my email in Japanese. So I emailed again, and when I did get an English reply back they told me they didn't deal with that particular complaint via email.

Anyway there's a bit more boring stuff after that, but the basic gist of it is that I couldn't access my account (to play or even check my billing dates) so I asked for help. Still couldn't log in even after removing my security token, changing my password and confirming my other details were correct; and when I simply asked to cancel the sub/remove my card (so I at least wouldn't be billed for a game I can't access) they told me that the only person that can do that is a logged in user. FML. I did eventually get to log in again, and when I did I cancelled my account - I can't afford to pay for a game I can't play, and I definitely can't afford to have my card details/billing options locked out at random with support apparently unable to do anything about it (FFXIV has a real problem with botting and hacked accounts at the moment too, which didn't help me feel any more confident). :/

bobster

« Reply #1195 on: November 26, 2013, 09:46:43 am »
I've completely closed my Square Enix account, which in turn deletes both my FFXI and FFXIV characters :(

It's nothing to do with the games themselves, but Square Enix' terrible support systems (not staff) - the whole system's riddled with stupid errors like "Please contact us using the button below", when there's no button there - and it's so badly joined up a support email sent by an EU user from the EU support page came back with a reply from the Japanese support staff a few days later, asking me to write my email in Japanese. So I emailed again, and when I did get an English reply back they told me they didn't deal with that particular complaint via email.

Anyway there's a bit more boring stuff after that, but the basic gist of it is that I couldn't access my account (to play or even check my billing dates) so I asked for help. Still couldn't log in even after removing my security token, changing my password and confirming my other details were correct; and when I simply asked to cancel the sub/remove my card (so I at least wouldn't be billed for a game I can't access) they told me that the only person that can do that is a logged in user. FML. I did eventually get to log in again, and when I did I cancelled my account - I can't afford to pay for a game I can't play, and I definitely can't afford to have my card details/billing options locked out at random with support apparently unable to do anything about it (FFXIV has a real problem with botting and hacked accounts at the moment too, which didn't help me feel any more confident). :/

That's a real bummer! I'm guessing you were having security token issues? I hear a lot of people lose their recovery key.

Anyways, sorry to hear you're leaving FFXIV! I'm enjoying my stay there :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #1196 on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:54 am »

That's a real bummer! I'm guessing you were having security token issues? I hear a lot of people lose their recovery key.

Anyways, sorry to hear you're leaving FFXIV! I'm enjoying my stay there :D

I thought it was at first - my security token is a physical one I bought about five or six years ago - but when they did remove it I still couldn't access my account. :/

In any case, enjoy it for me OK? :)

bobster

« Reply #1197 on: November 26, 2013, 10:01:29 am »
I thought it was at first - my security token is a physical one I bought about five or six years ago - but when they did remove it I still couldn't access my account. :/

In any case, enjoy it for me OK? :)

Ah ok. You're right about their support though. I have a physical token as well from my FFXI days, but it was tied to another account that's tied to an old, deleted email address. No luck for me undoing all that so I saved myself the hassle and bought a new one lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

sin2beta

« Reply #1198 on: November 27, 2013, 12:57:19 am »

sin2beta -

Are you sure that they're *distributing* the games?

That link you provided makes it appear more like ATLUS has something to do w/ the images & art work of both D2 & GFP...I could be misunderstanding / misreading it, though.

It looks like they are distributing it to me. If you go up a few directories, you will see their sales page with their sales representative contact info as well. This page is for retailers interested in carrying their products. http://www.atlus.com/sales/

It lists several Disgaea games.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

desocietas

« Reply #1199 on: November 27, 2013, 01:29:06 am »

It looks like they are distributing it to me. If you go up a few directories, you will see their sales page with their sales representative contact info as well. This page is for retailers interested in carrying their products. http://www.atlus.com/sales/

It lists several Disgaea games.

The corner of the sales sheet for Disgaea D2 says "distributed exclusively by Atlus," so it sounds legit to me.

Also, this page is a gold mine for cover art for current Atlus games!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas