Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91674 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #615 on: March 05, 2017, 11:41:07 am »
In a couple of hours more we are going to have the Fastlane event so I will reveal the list of the official matches for tonight show even when I only want to see one damn match  ;D

Kevin Owens vs. Goldberg - Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship: Owens his going to lose the belt and not only because of Goldberg, have the feeling that Jericho will gonna interfere here just to take revenge of KO for how he broke the relationship but also am not so sure of this and the reason is that Kevin 100% dedicated at the show, matches and all that stuff related to the WWE when the other one just made some random appearances just to create the hype among the oldest fans, don't get the wrong idea but since we haven't seen Y2J around RAW these past days he seriously need to be here, so hope that the lazy writters from the company can make a proper job.
Neville vs. Jack Gallagher - Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Really expect to see the gentleman as the new CW champion so hope that don't you dare to judge me
* Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship: I bet some tacos that the champions will gonna retain the belts.
* Rich Swann and Akira Tozawa vs. The Brian Kendrick and Noam Dar (with Alicia Fox) Tag team match: Dunno who they are so I only expect this match to be part of the Kickoff show.
* Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe Singles match: Already have seen the best that these two can offer at the contender's 2-out-of-3 falls match that was aired this past Mar. 9, 2016 at NXT.
* Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: Don't have anything against Bayley but why the hell do I have to see Rick's Flair again.
* Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax Singles match: If Sasha win I will riot, seriously wont gonna watch this one mainly because am not a big fan of these ladies
* Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman Singles match: No am not gonna watch this, hell no, so fuck you Roman and all your empire.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #616 on: March 05, 2017, 03:09:16 pm »
Almost forgot that was today.  More excited for the Owens match because I think this will be the first time Goldberg actually wrestles unless I missed him doing so on TV.  His two moments with Brock Lesnar were instant and done with lol Should be good though with Owens in it.  The rest is a mixed bag of good and okay, but not sure if I'll watch it.  Bit of a messy weekend for me and I think I just want to play more Breath of the Wild lol

*EDIT*
Oh, well I'm glad I didn't up my subscription.  They did ANOTHER instant knock out, but this time for the belt? I'd say the same thing even if wasn't KO...that was really fucking stupid.  So all of this build up and what? Two part timers are now fighting for the belts and the likelihood of Brock winning it is now sky high with him getting punked twice now, making it nearly a guarantee? Whenever I hear people saying that Smackdown is generally doing better than Raw, this is basically why.  They had a chance to redeem the old Goldberg vs Lesnar stink they did years ago, but they'll be going into it with this stinker of a match hanging over it?  Both of them are over, but not enough when it's all too likely that Brock will just win and we don't actually know if Goldberg can even wrestle, hence them ending every match he's had incredibly quick.  Man this match at Wrestlemania could really suck.

Only single good aspect of this, is that it pushes forward the Jericho and KO feud and KO maybe coming out of Wrestlemania with the US belt.  One glimmer of light in this mess.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:35:16 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #617 on: March 06, 2017, 12:02:29 pm »
Whenever I hear people saying that Smackdown is generally doing better than Raw, this is basically why.

If you haven't heard it from me before let me tell you that this is true, it's damn true about the event I saw a couple of matches even saw the beginning and the end of the one between Reigns and Strowman because my wife love the conditioner guy but the one that totally steal the show was the one between the Gentleman and Nevile, seriously never expected that Gallager was a such hardcore wrestler if you haven't seen it let me tell you that you need to see this one first, those headbutts were so fucking insane also at least at three times almost expected that the match was about to being canceled because of those awful impacts that he received at his neck, won't gonna give you more spoilers just watch it, please.

Only single good aspect of this, is that it pushes forward the Jericho and KO feud and KO maybe coming out of Wrestlemania with the US belt.  One glimmer of light in this mess.

In an interview KO told that he doesn't have any interest for this belt and a glad of this cause the reputation of this belt is not what it's supposed to be anyway what I do want to see is the development and conclusion of this feud which I guess it will end at Wrestlemania so do expect to see a lot of these two at the following RAW shows, so can't wait to see tonight's show just to see what happens next.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #618 on: March 09, 2017, 12:44:20 pm »
So my DVR didn't record Smackdown this week because the onscreen guide changed the spelling of the name from "WWE Smackdown!" (with an exclamation point) to "WWE Smackdown" (without an exclamation point)...so stupid.

And I JUST cancelled my subscription to Hulu like 2 weeks ago because they no longer have CW shows (like all my superhero shows), and with other shows they have the whole "5 episodes only" crap going on this season. So maybe I'll see it in like a month on The Network (so stupid you have to wait to see new Smackdowns and Raws on their own freaking subscription service).

Anyways, in other wrestling news: The Jarrett Era begins on Impact Wrestling tonight (it's officially no longer "TNA Impact" anymore, just "Impact Wrestling").

I know I said that last week, but apparantly WrestleTalk misinformed me, last week was the last Dixie Carter Era episode.

Wrestling was always better with two mainstream companies. But Impact will never become mainstream if you don't give it a chance. It's a whole new regime, people!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:05:55 pm by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #619 on: March 09, 2017, 01:03:11 pm »
Do you want to hear or in this case watch a bad new ?, I'll leave these gifs just in case you haven't heard it  :'(

But not everything is bad news because Chris Jericho wants Kevin Owens at WrestleMania and the belt is on the line.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #620 on: March 09, 2017, 01:07:04 pm »
Wasn't that the former week's episode? Because I saw that.  ??? Braun Strowman was involved, right?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #621 on: March 09, 2017, 01:47:35 pm »
They brought back Don West...WHY?!

He's got to be the most obnoxious announcer of all-time. At least they didn't put him on the main announce team, right now he's just being the product seller guy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #622 on: March 09, 2017, 02:58:49 pm »
I'm very excited for the changes! It looks like Jarrett isn't waiting for Impact to do it, either.

I tried to check out their site to get a little preview on what's going on tonight. And it's down for maintenance.

Man I hope TNA can recover with Jarrett in charge. I used to like Impact better than WWE during WWE's PG-Era.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #623 on: March 09, 2017, 04:59:59 pm »
Hmm, I have a hard time believing that this wasn't scripted.

I mean, during the segment he told the people in the back to cut Cena's mic, and they did. And no one cut Miz's mic. It seems completely scripted, to me. And the segment totally set-up for Maryse vs. Nikki Bella, as well.

https://wweinsiders.com/top-superstar-punished-going-off-script-smackdown-live/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #624 on: March 10, 2017, 03:49:36 pm »
***SPOILERS AHEAD!***

The new Jarrett Era of Impact Wrestling (no longer TNA) has begun!

It wasn't bad. Wasn't spectacular, but was definitely a step-up from the TNA of the last few years. It was good enough to get me to tune in again next week, with some room to improve.

Alberto Del Rio (Alberto El Patreon, in TNA), Jeremy Borasch, Bruce Prichard (Brother Love), and Dutch Mantell (Zeb Coulter) all showed up. Alberto Del Rio won the championship from Bobby Lashley, on his first night (typical TNA to grace an ex-WWE star with an immediate title run). It was actually a pretty damn good match, but it did end in the typical TNA, controversial end.

Jeremy Borasch and Josh Matthews started an announcer feud, which I've seen people complaining about already, but I thought it was kind of cool.

The Hardyz' tag-titles were handed over to Decay after a segment showing the Hardyz transporting away to continue their "Expedition of Gold".

Unfortunately, the X-Division match was still a cluster-fuck. It's a shame they can't build good storyline and feuds in the X-Division, as it's TNA's greatest asset.  No one cares if every single match is 6 random guys in the ring.

Both Bruce Prichard and Dutch Mantell gave promos directly aimed at the fans. They admitted that TNA had lost it's way and stopped listening to the fans. And they promised that going forward, TNA will do better for the fans and become great again.

What did you guys think?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:04:40 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2017, 03:42:10 am »
I had almost forgotten that Balor was supposed to be maybe coming back around Wrestlemania after his injury and he is back now! He did a house show that was a crazy 3 on 3 teamup of HHH, Owens, and Joe, vs Balor, Zayn, and Jericho.  I think its too late for him to get involved in any belt shenanigans by Wrestlemania, but maybe he gets a new go at the belt afterwards? I know Rollins would be in it for that fight too, but maybe we could see something come up with Rollins and Balor coming together against a KO, Joe, and HHH threat of some sort.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:48:34 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2017, 12:50:11 pm »
Alberto Del Rio (Alberto El Patreon, in TNA), Jeremy Borasch, Bruce Prichard (Brother Love), and Dutch Mantell (Zeb Coulter) all showed up. Alberto Del Rio won the championship from Bobby Lashley, on his first night (typical TNA to grace an ex-WWE star with an immediate title run). It was actually a pretty damn good match, but it did end in the typical TNA, controversial end.

I swear that I just saw the video a couple of minutes a go and immediately came here to post it but got the feeling that you already have leaved a comment and wasn't wrong, not a big fan of TNA anymore but I do follow the news anyway what the hell is going with Jarret cause the last that I know is that this bastard wants go the with the rights of the name and the character of Broken Matt Hardy, ROH even received and of course ignored the letter that they received from TNA where it say that ROH can't use that name because it's a trademark from them, can you explain me this a little more please.

Didn't wanted to double reply but it seems that Balor might be back, he formed a team with Jericho and Sami against Owens, Samoa a Triple H yesterday at Buffalo, New York  ;D

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:55:09 pm by doafan »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #627 on: March 11, 2017, 03:07:42 pm »

I swear that I just saw the video a couple of minutes a go and immediately came here to post it but got the feeling that you already have leaved a comment and wasn't wrong, not a big fan of TNA anymore but I do follow the news anyway what the hell is going with Jarret cause the last that I know is that this bastard wants go the with the rights of the name and the character of Broken Matt Hardy, ROH even received and of course ignored the letter that they received from TNA where it say that ROH can't use that name because it's a trademark from them, can you explain me this a little more please.

First I'm hearing about that. I didn't follow TNA either, because of how bad they were doing. I just started watching again to see what Jarrett was going to do because I used to like TNA.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2017, 06:27:11 pm »
How did Randy Orton become #1 contender to WWE Title at WrestleMania exactly?

Better yet, I guess I should ask: How exacty did A.J. Styles lose his spot? The storyline writing there was asinine. They really didn't give a good a reason other than Randy Orton stepped in. A.J. had his spot earned, and after he had to wrestle Harper more than once to get it, too. Why even put him through any of that if they were just gonna give the spot to Orton anyways?

« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »
How did Randy Orton become #1 contender to WWE Title at WrestleMania exactly?

Better yet, I guess I should ask: How exacty did A.J. Styles lose his spot? The storyline writing there was asinine. They really didn't give a good a reason other than Randy Orton stepped in. A.J. had his spot earned, and after he had to wrestle Harper more than once to get it, too. Why even put him through any of that if they were just gonna give the spot to Orton anyways?

Not really sure from what I remember reading, though I'm okay with it from a mostly story telling point of view...even if I never understood why Orton was with the Wyatts in the first place lol.  Also I keep hearing that Shane might be getting involved with Styles and I have to wonder why? Like Shane did his thing with Undertaker in an okay match with an insane ending, but like...I thought that was his last hurrah.  Did I just read that wrong somewhere or is it less of an actual fight and them just butting heads?