Author Topic: April 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 20618 times)

blipcs76

Re: April 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2013, 10:30:44 am »
I'd also love to see some pics of your collection.  I often think mine is huge, until I see one that is far bigger.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:17 am »
I often think mine is huge, until I see one that is far bigger.

:o

Sounds like a "Soer-ism" :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2013, 11:49:23 am »
It does!!!!  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2013, 11:55:07 am »
It does!!!!  8)

It does, for Soer(a)  ::)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2013, 07:18:49 pm »
Got a good haul of Nintendo stuff this week

NES
-Blaster Master

GB
-Gargoyle's Quest
-Nemesis
-Solar Striker
-Wave Race

GBC
-Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

NGC
-Tales of Symphonia (Complete, Black Label)& Strategy Guide

Wii
-Pandora's Tower
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:20:40 pm by redblaze57 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2013, 08:16:12 pm »
Gargoyle's Quest is one of the few Gameboy games I really want. Good score

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »
Got a good haul of Nintendo stuff this week

NES
-Blaster Master

GB
-Gargoyle's Quest
-Nemesis
-Solar Striker
-Wave Race

GBC
-Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

NGC
-Tales of Symphonia (Complete, Black Label)& Strategy Guide

Wii
-Pandora's Tower

Very nice haul!

foxhack

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2013, 09:40:29 pm »
Does this go on this thread or on the other thread? Hm...

I just received Portal 2 Soundtrack: Songs To Test By Collectors Edition from Amazon. It took them -a month- to send it to me. But I got it. Woo.

soera

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2013, 11:08:13 pm »
Not much of a haul but its better than nothing : I was walking around a game store looking at stuff when this family comes in with a box. I tried to peek in it but to no avail. No sweat ... I just kind of remained by when the employee walks up. We have had plenty of conversations before so hes cool and he knows Im a collector so he doesnt mind me there. First thing the lady pulls out is a Gamecube. The employee told her that they dont buy them atm cause they have too many. She says "It even has this cool thing that lets you play Gameboy games." I figure that was going to be my cue in a moment to hit her up. I look up at the employee and he nods at me ... so I ask her what she wanted for it. She said she wants to sell it cheap cause her kids are in trouble and she wants to get rid of it. I open the GC and the disk isnt in there. I ask if she has it and sure enough she has the disk, the manual and the case. She says she will sell me everything for $15. I pause for drama's sake but tell her Ill take it. I give her the $15 and hit the door. In the car, I go through it all. Gamecube, 2 official matching controllers, GB player with disk and memory card, and half dozen games including Zelda Windwaker and 2 GB Pokemon games : red and gold. They are missing the label but they are still in the color matching cartridges. Not too bad I suppose. I need to clean up the disks but they work. Both the Pokemon games work.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2013, 11:47:07 pm »
Nabbed a few more for the Vectrex:

Armor Attack
Art Master
Pole Position
Spin Ball
Starhawk
Web Wars

I think I'm now missing nine overlays, seven games and the light pen from having what I consider to be a "complete" collection (excluding Mr. Boston and Minestorm II).

desocietas

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:41 am »
Not much of a haul but its better than nothing : I was walking around a game store looking at stuff when this family comes in with a box. I tried to peek in it but to no avail. No sweat ... I just kind of remained by when the employee walks up. We have had plenty of conversations before so hes cool and he knows Im a collector so he doesnt mind me there. First thing the lady pulls out is a Gamecube. The employee told her that they dont buy them atm cause they have too many. She says "It even has this cool thing that lets you play Gameboy games." I figure that was going to be my cue in a moment to hit her up. I look up at the employee and he nods at me ... so I ask her what she wanted for it. She said she wants to sell it cheap cause her kids are in trouble and she wants to get rid of it. I open the GC and the disk isnt in there. I ask if she has it and sure enough she has the disk, the manual and the case. She says she will sell me everything for $15. I pause for drama's sake but tell her Ill take it. I give her the $15 and hit the door. In the car, I go through it all. Gamecube, 2 official matching controllers, GB player with disk and memory card, and half dozen games including Zelda Windwaker and 2 GB Pokemon games : red and gold. They are missing the label but they are still in the color matching cartridges. Not too bad I suppose. I need to clean up the disks but they work. Both the Pokemon games work.

Niiiice.  But a thing that lets you play Gameboy games?  This is news to me...

Also, Soul Hackers came today.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2013, 12:59:32 am »

You've never heard of the Game Boy Player? O_o

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2013, 01:13:53 am »

Not much of a haul, huh?  It takes a lot to impress you, doesn't it?  GameCube, 2 controllers, and Gameboy Player for $15?  I'll give you $15 for the GameBoy player, then you get the rest for free.

scott

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:27 am »

Really? The Game Boy Player is awesome! It's like a much better version of the Super Game Boy. Only, it also allows you to play GBA games too. Not to mention, you can use it as a giant GBA and link it to another GC w/ GB Player and play 2 player co-op on 2 TVs! Win.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2013, 12:54:18 pm »

Really? The Game Boy Player is awesome! It's like a much better version of the Super Game Boy. Only, it also allows you to play GBA games too. Not to mention, you can use it as a giant GBA and link it to another GC w/ GB Player and play 2 player co-op on 2 TVs! Win.

Only wanted to add that the games look better than they ever have before on the Game Boy Player, as well.