Author Topic: Board Games!  (Read 17003 times)

kr2nist

Re: Board Games!
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 06:22:57 am »
I definitely don't have as many board games as what I do of video games, but here are a few favorites of mine...

- Cards Against Humanity
- Munchkin
- Carcassone
- Heroclix
- ....and my recently acquired World Of Warcraft Trivia Pursuit

For those who are wondering how well WoW Trivia Pursuit plays, I'll tell y'all that it covers the series of WoW novels, the PC games on up to and including "The Mists Of Pandaria" expansion, and just plain ol' WoW folklore.   ;D
kr2nist (old school gamer and very awesome cartoonist!)
Currently owned systems:  XBox 360, XBox One

amauriel

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 01:18:45 pm »
I've seen Cards Against Humanity in here a couple of times.

Does anyone else own a square foot of Hawaii 2 now?
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

bobster

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 01:36:54 pm »
I've seen Cards Against Humanity in here a couple of times.

Does anyone else own a square foot of Hawaii 2 now?
I do! That's pretty neat. I'd like to visit one day.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 08:07:23 am »
Super Dungeon Explore is really fun, but you have to justify the $100 price tag.

I really like playing Small World too, it's like Risk, on a smaller scale and with fantasy races.

Descent is another really good dungeon crawling game, but I believe it's expensive too.

One that I really want to get my hands on is Zombicide, which is a zombie apocalypse survival game. But it's also like $80. And the just finished up a Kickstarter to add some expansions to it!

Ive had my eye on zombiecide for a while. Last night on earth is amazing too.

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:30 am »
I only have a couple of board games. The original Electronic Battleship and the TMNT board game. And I recently got the 80s SE Trivial Pursuit which I recall fond times playing it. I refer to it as the "Michael Dukakis game."

The TMNT Pizza Power game from the '80s? The one with the "Battle Flipper"? 'Cuz that thing is awesome.

I have that

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 10:57:01 am »
No love for blood bowl. Space hulk. Hero quest. Space crusade

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2015, 12:48:21 am »
RISK

scott

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2015, 08:38:56 am »

I recently picked up Space Hulk, been wanting if for years and years! Blood Bowl is also on my radar.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2015, 01:31:51 pm »

I recently picked up Space Hulk, been wanting if for years and years! Blood Bowl is also on my radar.

They have space hulk at my local comic shop. Just cant  afford 115 dollars right now

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 10:40:03 pm »
there is a new game coming out on kickstarted called Z War One.
it looks pretty cool.
it comes with a comic book too. this will give the characters personalities. i love this idea.
it will also set up the missions. later expansions will each come with a comic, so as the story progresses new characters will be added to the game
what are your thoughts on this idea.
personally i love it.

the kickstart will start next month.

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »
Some of my favorites:

- Key to the Kingdom
- Crossfire
- Monopoly
- Scrabble
- Chess
- Loot
- Apples to Apples

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 02:34:22 pm »
I tried to play Axis and Allies before.... So much set up and hard to understand.......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

stealthrush

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2015, 10:04:19 pm »
Mouse Trap was one of my favorites growing up. Others include Monopoly, Sorry, Checkers, Chutes and Ladders, Chess (still is today), and many more I'm forgetting.

amauriel

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2015, 09:59:34 am »
I tried to play Axis and Allies before.... So much set up and hard to understand.......

I would steer clear of one of my favorite games then: Twilight Imperium III. Just setting up is probably 2-3 hours, depending on how much you've forgotten from the last time you've played. We start after breakfast, set up until lunch, break for lunch, come back and start, break for dinner, come back and play, break for a late-night McDonald's run, more playing, and then sometimes finish it up the next day, unless someone runs away with the game early. :)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2018, 02:45:42 pm »
I've been on a board game kick lately, so I need to go back and read the rest of this thread (missed it the first time around, I think), but just wanted to let folks know about this Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/restorationgames/fireball-island-80s-board-game-reignited-and-resto

As for my recent games, I've been enjoying the recent trend of escape room games. I've tried one of the Unlock! games and one of the Exit games and have enjoyed them both. I think they do a pretty good job of mimicking an escape room experience for pretty cheap (sometimes as low as $8 for a fun hour with 3 other friends).

Picked up Forbidden Desert the other day and am looking forward to trying it out!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:06:48 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas