Author Topic: New XBox Reveal on May 21  (Read 28100 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: New XBox Reveal on May 21
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 01:55:21 pm »
Unless something badass happens at E3, I'm out.  I'm gonna stick with my WiiU. I'm happy with it.

sin2beta

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2013, 02:02:09 pm »
Yeah, pretty much all of the announcements have gone pretty much expected so far. I think people who were looking at PS4 will get PS4 and those looking at XBox before the announcements will still go XBox. etc.

It really just seems to be a refinement of last gen. More polygons, more interconnectivity, and so on.

For me, it basically came down to Forza. I know I will miss that game if I go PS or Nintendo.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:50 pm »
I may get one down the line, but you won't catch me standing in line. Anyone heard any prices?

desocietas

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:55 pm »
yeah, the announcement was more of the same usual stuff from Microsoft:

- look, more pixels
- look, you can still watch tv!
- look, we like sports

Nothing really new, just refining and updating for the new technology.  I was excited about my 360 when I initially got it, and even for the Kinect, but the last year it's been abandoned by both me and Microsoft, so I can't say I'm all that enthused about the One.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »
Yeah, pretty much all of the announcements have gone pretty much expected so far. I think people who were looking at PS4 will get PS4 and those looking at XBox before the announcements will still go XBox. etc.

It really just seems to be a refinement of last gen. More polygons, more interconnectivity, and so on.

I think so too...count me in the PS4 camp...for the moment, at least :)

Any confirmation/denial/explanation of the whole "Always On-line"/"#dealwithit" thing?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »
i'm not sure what to say about xbox one other then it wasn't impressive 

matt

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:24 pm »

I agree. Too much non-gaming stuff was featured. I don't watch TV or care about Kinect or voice integration or any of that non-gaming shit.

foxhack

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »
I think I'm sticking to PC gaming.

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »
I think I'm sticking to PC gaming.

While walking around Maker Faire this weekend, I kept looking over at the Nvidia booth (which had workshops on taking a computer apart and putting it back together again, I think?) and thinking, "Maybe I should just buy a new graphics card instead of a PS3/PS4/Wii U..."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »

I agree. Too much non-gaming stuff was featured. I don't watch TV or care about Kinect or voice integration or any of that non-gaming shit.
E3 will show more xbox one games but to me it feels like games secondary to microsoft and everything else is comes first. they just went on and on about tv,voice and kinect integration and spend little time on the specs and games,

insektmute

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2013, 04:58:58 pm »
scott, foxhack, and kimimi have already seen me rant away on twitter, so I'll summarize my thoughts as simple saying that locking games to individual user accounts is enough to make me not give a crap. The persistent focus on everything but video games isn't particularly encouraging either, so I think I'll be sticking with PC and PS4 for the anything 'next' gen.

sin2beta

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2013, 06:05:10 pm »
I don't recall them talking about locking games to individual accounts. Last I knew that was still in the rumor mill.

I actually liked the XBox press conference more than the others. We got to see a system, look at what we as users will see. We did not see much on games, but really, aside from seeing CG movies, no one showed much and I would not expect to see any.

I was expecting both Forza and Halo. Glad for Forza, surprised but glad there was no Halo (Halo 4 was just released after all).
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

thomascozine

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:19 pm »
I'm still looking forward to, and would rather get, a Wii U. Unless Microsoft can impress me at E3, with some killer games, I'm still gonna buy a Wii U first.

I'm a gamer first and foremost. I don't really care for all the bells and whistles the system can do so long as the games I play are fun. I don't care about graphic fidelity so much as I care about actual gameplay. That's why I have also waited to get a Wii U. There just hasn't been that killer app for it yet for me. But Nintendo is rolling out the games recently and that makes me want a Wii U first.

The PS4 and XBox One (Really hate that name by the way) have some great horsepower, but I see nothing that makes me go: "I want that system." They don't have enough focus on what I want...the games.

tpugmire

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 06:45:44 pm »
Since I've only had my 360 for about a year and only own 3 games (2 of which were bundled with the console), I see no reason to be excited. It looks like its just an upgrade of the same thing I already have. I don't care about all the non-gaming stuff either. I may get one eventually, but there's no hurry for me.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »
I just saw the photo of the thing.

THIS IS A FREAKIN' BETAMAX PLAYER.