Author Topic: New XBox Reveal on May 21  (Read 28407 times)

scott

Re: New XBox Reveal on May 21
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2013, 12:11:45 pm »
What if you're a kid like I was. And you went on vacation and were allowed to bring one game system with you in the RV? Can't take the Xbox One, not unless you have some kind of wireless hotspot available.

All the info that's come out so far leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There is no way I am buying that pos. Now, if Sony pulls something similar, I know I'll be going Wii U and retro games this gen, for sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2013, 12:19:52 pm »
All the info that's come out so far leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There is no way I am buying that pos. Now, if Sony pulls something similar, I know I'll be going Wii U and retro games this gen, for sure.

I really hope it doesnt get to this point ... but if it does, I 100% agree. I have plenty of games already in my backlog to last me for a long time if I dont buy the next gen system anyhow.

scott

« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »
Can you imagine the price of out of print sealed games for this thing? Resellers could end up having a field day.

sin2beta

« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »
Can you imagine the price of out of print sealed games for this thing? Resellers could end up having a field day.

I don't think it would rise too much. Because you can sell the games. The only really bad thing that I see from the system is that it has to check online every 24 hours. This begs the question of what happens in 8 years?

Here is a decent reading of the recent Xbox game selling.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 07:33:41 pm »

I don't think it would rise too much. Because you can sell the games. The only really bad thing that I see from the system is that it has to check online every 24 hours. This begs the question of what happens in 8 years?

Here is a decent reading of the recent Xbox game selling.

the guy in the video doesn't seem to see the big picture of all of this, in the next 7 to 11 years the xbox will be nothing more paper weight
and all the money you spent on the console and on the games will down the drain because the servers for the 24 hour DRM  have been shut down

another thing about this 24 hour DRM, if you live apartment or a housing community like i do, you will not get a good experience with xbox
because constantly getting internet interference and outages and if you live on a farm,developing country or a rural town, good luck using the xbox 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:45:10 pm by htimreimer »

sin2beta

« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2013, 09:03:16 pm »
the guy in the video doesn't seem to see the big picture of all of this, in the next 7 to 11 years the xbox will be nothing more paper weight
and all the money you spent on the console and on the games will down the drain because the servers for the 24 hour DRM  have been shut down

another thing about this 24 hour DRM, if you live apartment or a housing community like i do, you will not get a good experience with xbox
because constantly getting internet interference and outages and if you live on a farm,developing country or a rural town, good luck using the xbox

For most people this doesn't matter. I am the only person I know (outside of my retro gaming groups) with an old system hooked up. Or even in the house. When a system gets old it is already a paper weight to most people. When the guy in the video said that it doesn't affect him in the slightest, he means it.

To be honest, I'm kind of that way too. I collect old SEGA stuff. But I don't enjoy modern games as much as I want to. I enjoy them when they first come out. But after that, I can't be bothered with them. Looking at my XBox collection, there is not a single game I have replayed (minus Shenmue 2, but I consider that Dreamcast). There is a collector in me, but that collector is very much rooted in the 90s. The modern gamer just likes to be included in the now.

Having said that, Microsoft has gone very nazi. Just because it really doesn't affect too many people. It does affect some, but sadly Microsoft doesn't care about these people. It reminds me why I've never had a version of windows installed on my computers. But I also realize that despite all the dealbreakers Windows has for me. It still is probably a good operating system for most people. I don't know why... but it does seem to fit their usage. If someone came up to me and asked what system would be best for them, and they like to play the newest Madden game with their friends, I would probably suggest the XBox. I don't think this policy would affect them much.

Now, for me and the users of this site, it is an instantaneous deal breaker. The fact that it becomes a paper weight is the big picture. But for most people I know, it isn't even a footnote.

Now, I'm not sure if Microsoft will recover from all the bad press though.

sin2beta

« Reply #186 on: June 07, 2013, 09:12:34 pm »
Definitely NSFW. But certainly funny and will speak to most of us. Contrasting opinion from the first video. For those of you wondering since a few of my posts may seem schizo, I fall on the alphaomegasin side.

scott

« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2013, 09:53:28 pm »
I agree with pretty much everything in that video, lol.

htimreimer

« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »
I agree with him

soera

« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2013, 11:31:23 pm »
I actually thought that was me talking in that video the whole time. I dont think I would have added or changed any single piece of it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:33 pm »
I'm with him 100%, but someone needs to give that dude a hug.

sin2beta

« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2013, 11:40:58 pm »
I'm with him 100%, but someone needs to give that dude a hug.

I know right! Part of his schtick is that he is angry. But this video was one of the few times where he honestly just seemed angry.

htimreimer

« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2013, 12:18:47 am »
one thing i agree with him is why dose the kinect need to be plug in if it not watching or listening to you

ffxik

« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2013, 02:24:20 am »
He was.  Alpha is of course very passionate about gaming.  To see a company blatantly take advantage of people is just sickening.

« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2013, 01:31:10 pm »
i personally will not be buying the Xbox One.
and i will also be telling all my friends and family to do the same.
i dont like being treat like a criminal because some people copy games.
i can see people turning to piracy to chipping the xbox 1 to avoid the DRM.
i hope that all of this ontop of windows 8 will kill microsoft. they have taken advantage of the costumer for far to long. if they do not wish to listen to the people then i dont think they are a company i want to stick with. so much for the customer is always right. (Microsoft's only customer is EA)
i agree with alpha that anyone who buys this should never be allowed to complain about the state of games again.