Author Topic: Currently Playing?  (Read 10254 times)

scott

Currently Playing?
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »
What are you guys playing right now?

I'm playing heaping doses of Radiant Silvergun, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (Original version of Rondo, not the 2.5d remake) and Champions Online, ocassionally, and I started Final Fantasy X again...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Re: Currently Playing?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:03:08 pm »
I've been trying to play Disgaea 4 all week but haven't been able to find much time. I plan on remedying that by having a hardcore gaming marathon this weekend.

madmax

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »
Deus Ex: I'm mostly doing sidemissions to get more augmentations. a little annoyed I've had to upgrade hacking so much
FFIV: at the metal giant. almost done!

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:30:56 pm »
Disgaea 4! and Disgaea 4! ... I'm technically still playing Deus Ex Human Revolution... but sadly/thankfully I got Disgaea 4 so that's getting all my attention. I also try to get some time for Bloodrayne Betrayal and Renegade Ops, and there's ALWAYS time for Star Fox 64 3D (I finished it once a day since I got it :P).

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »
Heh, I'm playing Picross 3D.  I needed a break from RPGs but have some titles in mind for once I'm done with this one.  Can't focus on RPGs right now because things are hectic in the rest of my life.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »
I'm playing Tactics Ogre for PSP (Completed, doing the extras), Landstalker and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

@climhazard: @Jobocan:  How are you liking Disgaea 4?  How does it compare to 1 and 2?

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:17:16 pm »
@varkias
I'm about 4 chapters in and so far I'm really enjoying it. They expanded on a few concepts they introduced in 3 so if you haven't played 3 they might seem a little weird at first.
The story is good and sprinkled with NIS's trademark humor. By far my favorite thing is the upgraded character sprites. All the sprites are now in HD and look fantastic (you can switch back to the classic low res sprites if you prefer the old style). They also added a few online features like custom maps and other things but I haven't messed with them much, I'll save that for the post game.

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 01:44:01 am »
@varkias
I really like it. It's a very solid game. I'm only up to Chapter 9 now (I say "only" because I plan to delve into the post-game stuff more than in 3) but the battles have been fairly challenging since I haven't been over-leveling and a lot of them aren't just based on brute strength (though that's still an option, this is Disgaea after all). I'm not up to the post-game stuff yet though so I can't comment on that. The story is quite fun, the characters are pretty interesting (though Desco annoys me a bit) and the interactions and humor are what you'd expect from NIS. The network options seem interesting. The Cam-pain map is also quite fun to play around with since you have a good amount of options due to the evil symbols. So far, I truly think this has the potential to be my favorite Disgaea... we'll see.
The much better graphics are just the icing on an already awesome cake.

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 05:52:48 pm »
Honestly, I haven't been playing much besides Minecraft (abandoned mine shafts don't explore themselves!) and Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

And I own the first two Disgaea games but have never played one. I know they are time consuming and they just repeatedly get put on the back burner. Am I missing tons?
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 05:58:31 pm »
Honestly, I haven't been playing much besides Minecraft (abandoned mine shafts don't explore themselves!) and Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

How're you liking Overclocked?  Wondering if it's worth it since I have the DS version...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »
And I own the first two Disgaea games but have never played one. I know they are time consuming and they just repeatedly get put on the back burner. Am I missing tons?

They're really good if you're a fan of SRPGs and they aren't really that time consuming if you're just playing through the main story line, at least no more that many other RPGs, I'd say 30-50 hours on average. It's really only when you get into all the extra stuff that it becomes a real time sink.

amauriel

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 05:07:19 am »
@desocietas: I'm loving it, but I had gotten Strange Journey right about the time the DS Devil Survivor came out, so I skipped it. Therefore, it's all new to me. However, a friend of mine is even more into the SMT games than I am and he has both. He says the extra voice acting is really doing it for him, so I don't know.

@climhazard: I'm a completionist, so I WOULD be doing the extra stuff. I'll have to just take a weekend and get started. I picked them up for $10 a piece, so it's not like I'm going to easily find them cheaper down the line. (^_^)

And as an update, I sat down tonight and played like 4 hours of Cubivore. I forgot how zany and just enjoyable that game is.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 11:56:12 am »
@desocietas: I'm loving it, but I had gotten Strange Journey right about the time the DS Devil Survivor came out, so I skipped it. Therefore, it's all new to me. However, a friend of mine is even more into the SMT games than I am and he has both. He says the extra voice acting is really doing it for him, so I don't know.

Thanks for the info, @amauriel! Yeah, I think I logged a lot more time into Strange Journey than I did into the DS Devil Survivor, so I pretty much skipped it as well.  It's receiving excellent reviews, unlike Persona 2: Innocent Sin :\  I guess I'll see how P2:IS goes for me, and if it doesn't satisfy, I'll look into getting Overclocked.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »
Dragon Age Origins, Ys Book II and Dracula X chi no rondo.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »
Tararuuto Magical Kun: Fantastic World for the Famicom. Great game. Full of quirky Japanese Anime-ness, which I'm not big on AT ALL, but once I got passed it, the game significantly grew on me. Definitely worth every cent of $10 and more.