Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 20575 times)

jobocan

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2013, 06:55:20 pm »
I kinda really want a Vita now for Remote Play on the PS4.

Yeah, I hear it works really well, which is rather surprising considering the remote play from Vita to PS3 isn't too great.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2013, 08:03:46 pm »

Yeah, I hear it works really well, which is rather surprising considering the remote play from Vita to PS3 isn't too great.

Don't you have to own the game on both platforms for it to work, though?

If so, that's really not all that cool. That's pretty expensive for a small convenience.

jobocan

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:30 pm »

If so, that's really not all that cool. That's pretty expensive for a small convenience.

Nah, you're probably thinking of Cross-play, which is for games that are on both platforms and let you transfer your save between them.

Remote play is to play PS4-native games streamed on your Vita, through wifi or even 3G. The issue comes with the fact that the Vita doesn't have R2, L2, R3 and L3 buttons on it, so you have to use the back touchpad.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »

Nah, you're probably thinking of Cross-play, which is for games that are on both platforms and let you transfer your save between them.

Remote play is to play PS4-native games streamed on your Vita, through wifi or even 3G. The issue comes with the fact that the Vita doesn't have R2, L2, R3 and L3 buttons on it, so you have to use the back touchpad.

Must be what I was thinking of. I remember the commercial where the guy doesn't want to stop gaming to go to work. So then he gets up off the couch and walks out the door while playing the same game his Vita.

sin2beta

« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2013, 09:29:46 pm »

They have L3 and R3 buttons now! What is this? A Steel Battalion controller! That's too many shoulder buttons!!

I have been hearing that people (like me) who hated the Sony controller design are actually liking the PS4 design. I'm gonna have to find a demo and try it for myself.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jobocan

« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2013, 09:30:34 pm »
They have L3 and R3 buttons now! What is this? A Steel Battalion controller! That's too many shoulder buttons!!

I have been hearing that people (like me) who hated the Sony controller design are actually liking the PS4 design. I'm gonna have to find a demo and try it for myself.

L3 and R3 are just clicking the analog sticks :P

brunauss

« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2013, 03:41:09 am »
Interested in Vita meself, but have to keep my purchasing priorities in order. My Gen1 DS needs replacing. Then its finding a PSP for parts to replace some components on my Gen2 PSP. Then we can talk Vita LOL
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2013, 09:28:06 am »

I am SO looking forward to "VITA TV" (lets you play your VITA games on a BIG screen instead of a handheld-sized one)!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

BasilZero

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2013, 10:28:27 pm »
I'll be getting a PS4 possibly in late 2015 or sometime in 2016.

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »
I'll be getting a PS4 possibly in late 2015 or sometime in 2016.

Hey, I know you! This is VGPolyglot from VGChartz.

90snostalga

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2013, 08:56:16 am »
So for any one who did get the Xbox One, do you really have to be connected to the net at all times and/or downloaded updates every 24 hours?  Is it basically virtually unplayable without internet?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2013, 09:59:13 am »
So for any one who did get the Xbox One, do you really have to be connected to the net at all times and/or downloaded updates every 24 hours?  Is it basically virtually unplayable without internet?

Nah'

MS pretty quickly 180'd on a bunch of their original anti-consumer features when:

a).  Sony *didn't* do the same, and

b).  fan feedback/backlash/uproar!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2013, 08:25:17 am »

Nah'

MS pretty quickly 180'd on a bunch of their original anti-consumer features when:

a).  Sony *didn't* do the same, and

b).  fan feedback/backlash/uproar!

Actually, the DRM is still alive in the Xbox One. It's not on all games, but if you download a digital game on a different Xbox One than the first one you downloaded it on, it will lock you out if you lose the internet connection. It happened during a Killer Instinct tournament that was livestreamed a few days ago, the DRM knocked them out of the game in the middle of a match.

scott

« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2013, 10:10:29 am »
Wow, that's a huge fail. I'd be livid if I was the player that it happened to.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:49 am »
That would be part of a reason for returning the xbox one.  But if you use the xbox one for offline only, never using it for the net, you should not have any problems right?