Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 14500 times)

karyann

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »
I want to find Dokapon Journey for the DS (supposed to have different gameplay from the other consoles) but should've gotten it earlier - it's going up in price, too.

Damn what the hell, you just made me look it up, and I should have bought it when I saw it for $20...  :o

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 02:11:06 pm »
just hit 150 xbox 360 games :)

numing

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 09:42:32 pm »
2. This means finding a copy of Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii :c

Haha, Dokapon Kingdom is good.  Let me know what your price range for it is, and I'll keep an eye out for it.

That's very kind of you, thank you~ I have no idea what my price range might be, as I've never seen it for sale before to make an estimate. I think I'd pay anything eventually haha

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 01:16:11 pm »
Thought about this earlier to keep myself somewhat focused next year.
1. Complete my wanted list of Wii and DS games (around 70-80ish games to go)
3. A complete PAL Atelier series collection

Then sometime in the future:
4. Buy a boxed Neo Geo Pocket Colour, and then build up a CIB collection for it (probably won't go for a complete set)
5. And maybe finally get myself a PSP and start collecting for that too

I approve  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:35 pm »
Thought about this earlier to keep myself somewhat focused next year.
1. Complete my wanted list of Wii and DS games (around 70-80ish games to go)
3. A complete PAL Atelier series collection

Then sometime in the future:
4. Buy a boxed Neo Geo Pocket Colour, and then build up a CIB collection for it (probably won't go for a complete set)
5. And maybe finally get myself a PSP and start collecting for that too

I approve  ;)

Holy crap way to necro a good thread! :) (not a bad thing).

My goals are:

1) Keep plugging away at the wishlist. (Down to double digits now) unfortunately I'm down to the pricier titles.
2) Get a Sega CDX (a completely irrational desire because I have no Sega CD titles and have none in my wishlist. Although I do borrow some from time to time to play in my xbox)
3) Get a 3DO with Demolition Man, Night Trap, Daedalus Encounter, Gex, and The Need a For Speed. (Also possibly an irrational desire since I don't know how much I'll actually play them.

Temporary sidebar...

It's kinda neat now going through old Nintendo Powers and looking at the top 30 lists and seeing I have nearly every title on them. :)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2014, 02:33:28 pm »
+Saving money to try getting  a PlayStation 4 and Sega Genesis so that I can finally start on my games.
+Expanding my Sega Genesis collection and ponder if I am able to start a Sega Saturn collection.
+Try to retrieve some of the games I foolishly sold back in the day.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »
*Continue work on completing my PS3 RPG collection - more of a long-term goal, since some of the newer ones I'll be waiting until they drop in price a good bit.
*Work on completing my PS2 RPG collection.
*Continue to chip away at my list of obscure Wii games.
*Get a complete collection of "Warriors" games for the PS3, including imports of those not available physically in the US (Dynasty Warriors, Gundam Warriors & other spin-offs).

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2014, 05:41:25 pm »
*Continue work on completing my PS3 RPG collection - more of a long-term goal, since some of the newer ones I'll be waiting until they drop in price a good bit.
*Get a complete collection of "Warriors" games for the PS3, including imports of those not available physically in the US (Dynasty Warriors, Gundam Warriors & other spin-offs).

How close are you to the above goals?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2014, 08:36:14 pm »
A few fairly sorta kinda realistic goals (that I can focus on now)
-Complete collections from my very favorite series/franchises (get all from the main series as well as spin-offs), Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Guilty Gear, Mega Man, Metroid, etc.
-Own more than one N64 game :P
-Get at least one of every model of Gameboy (from the original brick sized GB up to the micro)

Aaand my less realistic goals for the distant future:
-Get a boxed Panasonic Q, complete with the Game Boy Player to match.
-Complete Start my Earthbound/Mother collection.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »
*Expand dreamcast/saturn collection with spine cards(both jap+us releases for cheapest prices)
* continue to expand my gamecube/wii collection+ contact friends for free/sealed games
* Get a psp/ps3 for the collection
*get a sega genesis model 1/sega cd model 1( if possible find a sega cdx)

argyle

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2014, 09:42:59 pm »

How close are you to the above goals?

I'm missing 40 of the 93 RPGs I've identified on the PS3.  This number includes 9 announced but unreleased games.

I'm missing 57 of 136 PS2 RPGs.  But some of the ones I have are disk only, and ideally I'd like to complete or replace those with complete copies. 

Still a pretty good ways off from the other 2 goals, tho my "Warriors" goal is a recent one I decided on and I don't think it will take too long now that I'm on the lookout for them. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 01:54:18 am »
Just updated my list!

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 09:21:41 am »
My current goal is selling a lot of games I don't play or need. Probably around 200 games going for the 2600, 7800, xl/xe, nes, genny, sms, tg-16. Some extra atari and nes toasters going too.

Tired of shelf filler.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 02:25:03 pm »
I've given up on the 3DO cause. So, so many eBay auctions sniped out from me the last second. *sigh* And now I don't have the money anyways, with a kid on the way and home loan approved.

So basically my current collecting goals just include buying more games I want to play. And hopefully a Wii U at some point down the road, maybe with some help from Christmas money or tax return money, who knows.

But here's my top 10 most wanted games, obviously some of these might be long-term goals while waiting for a good deal, considering prices on certain games in this list:

1. DuckTales 2 (NES)
2. Shovel Knight (3DS) (I know, cheap and available, probably next check or two I'll get it)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
4. Sunset Riders (SNES)
5. Raiden Project (PS1)
6. Intelligent Qube (PS1)
7. Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES)
8. The Battle of Olympus (Game Boy)
9. Panzer Dragoon: Zwei (Saturn)
10. Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:23:25 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 03:52:40 pm »
Actually, as I was going through my wishlist, I just realized I only have 2 more XBox (original) exclusives left on my wishlist: Stubbs the Zombie & Yager. So I guess that's a goal.

The other exclusives I've got already: Arx Fatalis, Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay, Crimson Skies, Morrowind GOTY, D&D: Heroes, Fable: Lost Chapters, Halo 1 & 2, Jade Empire, MechAssault 1 & 2, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Star Wars: KOTOR, Tecmo Arcade Classics, & WWE Raw 1 & 2.