Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28837 times)

scott

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
If you cant get them translated, I know someone who should be able to do it.

Those stickers are pretty nice. Wonder how you found those things!

Oh ya...

Soera pointed me to them on ebay. >_>

whoops haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2014, 03:49:55 pm »
Happy belated birthday, Turf! :D Nice lunch box, it looks retro as hell  :)

If I've never played Contra, I don't technically "not like" it, so can we still be friends? :P That's a whole lot of NES games, if that's mostly birthday gifts then you're a spoiled man ;)

And Scott, I've got a great friend who translates stuff  ;D
http://translate.google.com/#de/en/super%20starker%20videospiele%20spa%C3%9F

scott

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »
Ah thanks. I couldn't get it to play nice.

foxhack

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »
I just picked up a fifteen year old USB Gravis Gamepad. Sealed. I'm not kidding. This was released in 1998 and supports Windows 98 and MacOS 8 out of the box! Why did I even buy this? I feel like htimreimer.

Seriously though, I grabbed it for the older games and Mac emulators that don't play nice with the 360 pad's XInput.

pacpix

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »
I added a really cool piece to my collection recently, the Super Famicom Memory Cassette Version of Wizardry Gaiden IV.  Nintendo Power had a service in Japan where you could download games to memory carts and get them for a cheaper price.  This also solved a mystery for me as I could not find a release of Wizardry: Story of Llylgamyn for the SFC anywhere, but it was actually only released through the Nintendo Power service.  The game also came with this small guide:

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2014, 03:59:22 pm »
I know what you mean, I had to try a few things to get the weird "B" to show up. German is a weird language  :o

soera

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2014, 04:09:11 pm »
I got it worked out : Super strong video games fun

sin2beta

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »
Thanks to a tip from a writer at SEGA Addicts, I decided to check out my local Gamestop for sweet 360 deals. They are certainly trying to clear shelf space.

Picked up:
Forza 3 (needed it to complete the set. And I love Forza)
Terminator Salvation (Most probably horrible. But I like Terminator games based solely on the franchise)
Deadly Premonition (Been looking for it for a while. Yay, Twin Peaks!!)

Honestly, my heart kind of skipped when I saw Deadly Premonition. I've been looking for it for a while. So, excited to play it!

The Gamestop dudes made fun of my purchases as always. I always love that. I'm not saying that sarcastically either. I love when they say, these are an "interesting" selection of games. This selection I thought was pretty standard too.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:27 pm »
Ya I got stupid comments when I bought Deathsmiles and Bionic Commando there. Dude tried to talk me into a used copy of Bionic Commando too saying "its not worth paying retail, just go used so you don't waste money". Obviously he never played it and realized it's awesome. Plus it was Brand New for $10 and used was like $7...

foxhack

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2014, 05:20:06 pm »
Ya I got stupid comments when I bought Deathsmiles and Bionic Commando there. Dude tried to talk me into a used copy of Bionic Commando too saying "its not worth paying retail, just go used so you don't waste money". Obviously he never played it and realized it's awesome. Plus it was Brand New for $10 and used was like $7...
I love how people are getting into Bionic Commando nowadays.

It's too bad the game killed GRIN (the dev).

scott

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2014, 05:22:32 pm »
Ya. I bought a few months after release and it had already dropped that much. I was super hyped for it even when I was reading all the bad press it got.

karyann

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2014, 12:56:56 pm »
Mildly interesting slice of life that I want to share about Bionic Commando. When it came out, I worked in a small video games store. The boss bought a crapload of copies of Bionic Commando because he was certain that it would be THE game of the decade. In the end, we sold so few, we had to sell all of them at quite some loss. 2 years later when I quit working there, they still had a lot of copies collecting dust, unopened, on the shelves.

Glad to see that people are gaining interest in it after all these years :P I myself don't know if it's good or not, as I don't like the xbox family. But the game looked so pitiful, all alone, that  I'm happy it gets some love anyway :P

90snostalga

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »
Picked up Fable The Lost Chapters on the PC fully complete for 2.99 at good will this morning  :)  Maybe one of the first pc games I play whenever I get my gaming laptop

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:49 pm »
Game chasing at its best! Between a couple thrift stores and a pawn shop I paid under $25 for all of this.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2014, 10:07:11 pm »
Game chasing at its best! Between a couple thrift stores and a pawn shop I paid under $25 for all of this.

Very Nice pickup!  Congrats!