Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34300 times)

Veilor

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 08:54:03 am »
This came in the mail today, another one to the Pokémon collection :D

blipcs76

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 09:33:57 am »
Added a few NES games recently:

- Skykid
- Adventure Island
- Adventure Island II
- Adventure Island III

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 09:44:13 am »
Added a few NES games recently:

- Skykid
- Adventure Island
- Adventure Island II
- Adventure Island III

Good choices on the Adventure Island games. Those don't get the love they deserve.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:31 am »
Picked up the South Park: Stick of Truth strategy guide this morning since I'm expecting my copies to arrive either today or tomorrow.

Decent looking guide (*especially* for Prima...I'm a "DoubleJump" kinda' guy:)

-and-

Looks like it has a decent looking, and nice-sized poster in there, as well.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 10:30:55 am »
Picked up the South Park: Stick of Truth strategy guide this morning since I'm expecting my copies to arrive either today or tomorrow.

-and-

Prima guides' quality has decreased over time  :-\ So many mistakes everywhere. And I'm not just talking about mistypes (which there are plenty of), but also sometimes a lack of important informations.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 10:47:54 am »

-and-

Prima guides' quality has decreased over time  :-\ So many mistakes everywhere. And I'm not just talking about mistypes (which there are plenty of), but also sometimes a lack of important informations.

True.

IMO, Brady's just as bad.

I mean, especially when it first came out, Final Fantasy X-2...at least, I would think - would have been considered a pretty "big" game that would have ensured a thoroughly proof-read & fact-checked, comprehensive guide.

Not only did they never even mention certain "ultimate" items -but- they didn't just forget the map for the "Chocobo's Dungeon" (a confusing, perspective, facing & direction altering, maze type of dungeon that was extremely easy to get lost and/or turned around in) ==> there was never even any mention made of that dungeon  :o

I'm wondering (read: hoping) that the new guide for the HD re-makes will be much improved & fixed -but- if they couldn't even get a guide right for one game - I'm certainly not betting on them getting the guide for 2 (games with pretty large worlds, secrets, & sidequests) in one guide right  ::)

argyle

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:48 pm »
I'm just so upset that they're not putting out a hardback collector's guide for the FFX-X2 set.  I *love* those games.  As in, I not only own the original games, and the "Eternal Calm" disk that was only distributed in the US through an issue of EGM, and I think all of the first figures they released for the two games, and a nice poster print from FFX, and of course the original guides, and soundtracks for them - but my wedding ring is even Tidus' ring.  So I *kinda* like the games.  And I feel gipped that they put out a really nice guide for Kingdom Hearts but only a paperback one for this set.   :'(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 01:36:24 pm »
I'm just so upset that they're not putting out a hardback collector's guide for the FFX-X2 set.  I *love* those games.  As in, I not only own the original games, and the "Eternal Calm" disk that was only distributed in the US through an issue of EGM, and I think all of the first figures they released for the two games, and a nice poster print from FFX, and of course the original guides, and soundtracks for them - but my wedding ring is even Tidus' ring.  So I *kinda* like the games.  And I feel gipped that they put out a really nice guide for Kingdom Hearts but only a paperback one for this set.   :'(

Yeah, me too  >:(

I was also hoping & expecting a nice CE, hardcover guide(s), some music, etc, etc.

Then again - it's not like the "Square + disappointment" association is anything new and/or unexpected to me   :o

What is this "Eternal Calm" disc of which you speak - I'm not familiar with it?

I'm also a big fan of both games & their music (with "Via Infinito", "Yuna's Ballad", "1,000 words" (all versions), and "To Zanarkand" (at least, I *think* that was the name of the opening/"Campfire" song in FF-X) as some of my all time favorite pieces.

So much so that I did something that I VERY Rarely do...namely imported the nice 4-disc + artbook FF-X & the 2-disc FFX-2 OST's (along with the strictly piano versions of both)...and felt that it was money well spent (I also imported (and was happy that I did:) the NIER, Folklore, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment OST's from Japan as well)  ;D

Did you ever import/play any of the "International" versions -and- do you know exactly what will be new (for US gamers, at least) with the addition of International version content to the HD re-makes?

foxhack

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 01:40:53 pm »
I snagged a Steam version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic from Newegg for three bucks.

And I got my Steam keys for uh, Vanguard Princess. Including an "uncensoring" DLC. Uh. Don't go into the Steam screenshots for the game. Fair warning. >_<

Since you said NOT to, I had to take a peek. I'm at school. I closed the tab after a panty-shot where no panties were involved  :o

Yeah, that... that was what made me go "... really? That's allowed?"

argyle

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 02:30:14 pm »
Yeah, me too  >:(

I was also hoping & expecting a nice CE, hardcover guide(s), some music, etc, etc.

Then again - it's not like the "Square + disappointment" association is anything new and/or unexpected to me   :o

What is this "Eternal Calm" disc of which you speak - I'm not familiar with it?

I'm also a big fan of both games & their music (with "Via Infinito", "Yuna's Ballad", "1,000 words" (all versions), and "To Zanarkand" (at least, I *think* that was the name of the opening/"Campfire" song in FF-X) as some of my all time favorite pieces.

So much so that I did something that I VERY Rarely do...namely imported the nice 4-disc + artbook FF-X & the 2-disc FFX-2 OST's (along with the strictly piano versions of both)...and felt that it was money well spent (I also imported (and was happy that I did:) the NIER, Folklore, and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment OST's from Japan as well)  ;D

Did you ever import/play any of the "International" versions -and- do you know exactly what will be new (for US gamers, at least) with the addition of International version content to the HD re-makes?

Eternal Calm is a cutscene "movie" - about 15-20 mins long, if memory serves - that helps bridge the gap between X & X-2.  I want to say it came with X-2 in Japan, but the only way they distributed it over here was on a disk packed into an issue of EGM.  I think that's the same issue that had the rare alternate cover art done by Amano, but I may be mistaken.  Anyway, Eternal Calm *will* be included in the HD set.

I have the FFX Piano soundtrack (I think that's the disk I've been waking up to lately) and the FFX-2 standard soundtrack.  I don't think I ever got the standard soundtrack for FFX, but I can't remember.  Getting the CE for the HD set tho, and it includes the full redone soundtracks for both so I'm excited about that.  :)

I have the FFX International Version - I've played some of it but I've never finished it, I don't enjoy playing games in Japanese since I can't read it.  I know some ppl don't mind using a faq / walkthrough with them, but I don't get any enjoyment out of that.  Honestly, I probably wouldn't even have that version of the game except that I stumbled across it used locally, and it completely shocked me to find it in the wild like that so I bought it. 

Anyway, there is an alternate sphere grid layout for FFX that you can select in the beginning, it leaves everything more open from the start allowing you to develop the characters how ever you want from the beginning.  There is also a little extra content later on in the game I believe.  For X-2, there are a few more dress spheres than what was included in the original, and again some extra content somewhere in the game I believe. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 03:24:05 pm »
Since you said NOT to, I had to take a peek. I'm at school. I closed the tab after a panty-shot where no panties were involved  :o

Stop teasing, Karyann!   :P

Umm...Link, please?   :-[

foxhack

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/

Search for "Vanguard Princess", click on "Discussions", then click on "Screenshots".

The screenshots are -so bad- I don't want people getting in trouble for clicking a direct link to them.

scott

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 04:06:48 pm »
Konami emailed me my Steam codes for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 & 2!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

Search for "Vanguard Princess", click on "Discussions", then click on "Screenshots".

The screenshots are -so bad- I don't want people getting in trouble for clicking a direct link to them.

Meh; I just took a quick look and didn't see anything *that* bad...

foxhack

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »

Meh; I just took a quick look and didn't see anything *that* bad...
Keep in mind this is a store in Puritanical America. :P