Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 35807 times)

sin2beta

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »
Those Tron things look sweet - I'd love to see a closer shot of those.  :)

They do. I want that recognizer especially.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

Warmsignal

« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2014, 12:09:37 am »
Guess which Lunar it is?  C'mon, guess!  :P

Knights???

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2014, 12:11:03 am »

Lunar - DS (cart only) - $4.  Forgot the full title of this one, but AFAIK there's only one Lunar for the DS.  Got it because it was Lunar & super cheap.

There are two, Dragon Song and Knights. Dragon Song is largely bashed as one of the worst Lunar games, but Knights was well received.
Lunar Knights is not part of the "Lunar:..." saga, it's a spin-off to the Boktai series, which was produced by Hideo Kojima.  Probably what argyle meant to say.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2014, 09:07:01 am »
Guess which Lunar it is?  C'mon, guess!  :P

Knights???

Heh, nope.   :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2014, 11:09:20 am »

Those Tron things look sweet - I'd love to see a closer shot of those.  :)

I'll try to get some better shots soon.  Meanwhile, there are some nice pictures of them in these articles:
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/medicom-kubrick-tron-set-b-revisited.html
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2010/04/medicom-kubrick-tron-set-c-d-revisited.html
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2007/09/tron-group-shot.html

I wasn't really expecting to find them, I have been watching them go for about $50+ each on ebay for years.  At $7.50, seemed worth the hassle of getting them to fit in my luggage.  They were bigger boxes than I had thought.

Warmsignal

« Reply #350 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:54 pm »
Got my W&HN LE today, it wasn't destroyed in the mail! But... I am kind of underwhelmed with the LE. Kinda wasn't worth it to me, and I think this'll be my last LE for a while, just not that into em'...  :-\ I def overpaid for it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:47:29 pm by Warmsignal »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #351 on: March 28, 2014, 02:02:02 pm »
Got my W&HN LE today, it wasn't destroyed in the mail! But... I am kind of underwhelmed with the LE. Kinda wasn't worth it to me, and I think this'll be my last LE for a while, just not that into em'...  :-\ I def overpaid for it.

For some reason, when I looked at it on the page of N1's store...it seemed like there was just *more* there than there was once I received it & saw it up close.

IMO, many LE's have been underwhelming over the last gen.

My 2 biggest pet peeves are:

1).  No instruction manuals &

2). Music CD OST "samplers"; I fucking hate em with a passion.

Well...if you like the music from Witch & the 100 Knight, at least, you've got more of your money's worth since it's not far fetched to think that in a few years...a 2 Disc/multi-hour OST will often fetch the price of a new game  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »

For some reason, when I looked at it on the page of N1's store...it seemed like there was just *more* there than there was once I received it & saw it up close.

IMO, many LE's have been underwhelming over the last gen.

My 2 biggest pet peeves are:

1).  No instruction manuals &

2). Music CD OST "samplers"; I fucking hate em with a passion.

Well...if you like the music from Witch & the 100 Knight, at least, you've got more of your money's worth since it's not far fetched to think that in a few years...a 2 Disc/multi-hour OST will often fetch the price of a new game  :o

Yeah, I believe it said that it featured a collector's edition "box", but really it's just a slip cover. Also the Metallia figure is difficult to put together, I'm afraid I'll break it. Plus it is tiny! 1/3 the box it comes in.

anruiukimi

« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »
I'm glad that I wasn't really tempted by it with all that I'm hearing, I'll stick with my pretty ToS box :3

blipcs76

« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »
I added a few new interesting games to my collection recently.  From eBay I picked up:

NES
- Bomberman

N64
- Ogre Battle 64
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Resident Evil 2

Today I was at Goodwill and found in their display case a boxed Uninvited (NES).  It was missing the manual, but it had everything else looked pretty mint (probably 9/10).  I had to pay for it though, since it was in their display case ($50), but now I have all 3 Kemco point and click adventure games on the NES either boxed or CIB.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #355 on: March 28, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »
I'm glad that I wasn't really tempted by it with all that I'm hearing, I'll stick with my pretty ToS box :3

That *IS* a pretty one, isn't it?!

The LE that I'm looking forward to getting the most is, w/o a doubt - the upcoming:

Drakengard III

one (the one where there's only 5,000 copies being made -and- the one where it was almost impossible to pre-order it...if you didn't do so almost immediately after the pre-orders became available).

My saved ass is still thanking you, Mr. Argyle!   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2014, 05:42:50 pm »
Picked up Hoshigami on the PS1 as part of a local trade. Gettin those PS1 games out of the way!

Also have something in the mail and I am very excited about! (hint, hint, another PS1 game lol)

argyle

« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2014, 05:48:57 pm »
I like the W&THK CE.  The box isn't huge but it has some really nice artwork on it, the soundtrack is beefy and I'm becoming a fan of those Nendoroid figures (should be another one waiting for me when I get home in that Mugen Souls CE!  :D ).  Oh, and the artbook was harbound.

I tried to make myself cancel the FFXIV CE, but the Amano artwork on the box is just gorgeous.  Can't do it!  ;) 

EDIT:  Oh, almost forgot.  Hit some thrift stores around here this morning (still on vacation!  ;) ).  Was pretty much a bust - found a bunch of PS2 sports/racing/wrestling games at once place.  Another had a Star Wars: Clone Wars / Tetris pack-in disk for the Xbox, which I would have grabbed just to have it, but it was priced at $8 which I thought was kinda high for it.  Last stop was at a nice-looking pawn shop, and I actually found a few things there.  Replaced my Castlevania: LoS & Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen that I had traded off for $10/each, and they both look brand new.  Also picked up a copy of F-Zero for the GC for $5.  It was a touch rough, but complete & I figured for the price I'd bite. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:53:42 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #358 on: March 28, 2014, 06:26:08 pm »
I went browsing at Salvation Army and found this! It's an awful game imo though, so I probably won't keep it. But it's in great shape even after removing the price tag.

(sorry for the big picture, I'm too lazy to resize it and reupload)

madmax

« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2014, 07:05:14 pm »
Steel Case :D