Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 42783 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 02:44:10 am »
Getting jealous seeing everyone's haul...  So awesome!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 10:25:08 am »
Just came back from my montly flea market/pawn shop roundup and today was an unusually good day. Decided to pick up that Sonic because I lost my old cart and then picked up some PS2 games, the real gem here is that Haunting Grounds, probably my best find yet. A friend of mine also found all the Jak games on the PS2 for 15€, the lucky bastard.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 12:09:07 pm »
Nothing special but a loose Ridge Racer 64 for $4 at the local game store. Good game though

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 02:09:35 pm »
Happy Birthday to me!! I got some games as a gift:
Yakuza 3 (PS3) (I already owned this game, but this is a complete copy)
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PS3)
Ninja Blade (360)
Splinter Cell: Conviction (360) (I used to own this but somebody stole it)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (360)
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Wii)

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 02:39:27 pm »
Went garage saleing this morning and I am so happy I did! Picked up all this for $109.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »
^ Absolutely amazing find! Congrats! Even without the boxed-SNES, nearly all of those games are great games!

argyle

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »
Seriously.   :o  It amazes me that not only do you guys find that many games, but that they're GOOD games.  Around here if I do find anything it's typically shovelware or sports.  I wasn't going to go yard sale-ing today, but I saw a craigslist ad for an estate sale that said they had a lot of games - ps2, gc & wii u.  I went and they had a PS2 w/ 3 or 4 crappy games, a plat GC (which I'm looking for, actually) but he wanted $50 for it which I thought was nuts & 4 or 5 crappy games, and a Zelda Wii U that he wanted $200 for.  I offered him $150 for the Wii U but he wouldn't budge - told him I couldn't pay $200 for a used system so I walked.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 03:15:40 pm »

$10.49, complete, shipped.

Recently I've also acquired Rayman Legends, Sonic Generations, Spyro: A Hero's Tail, and Pac-Man World 3. It's going to be a platforming party!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:18:28 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »
Seriously.   :o  It amazes me that not only do you guys find that many games, but that they're GOOD games.  Around here if I do find anything it's typically shovelware or sports.  I wasn't going to go yard sale-ing today, but I saw a craigslist ad for an estate sale that said they had a lot of games - ps2, gc & wii u.  I went and they had a PS2 w/ 3 or 4 crappy games, a plat GC (which I'm looking for, actually) but he wanted $50 for it which I thought was nuts & 4 or 5 crappy games, and a Zelda Wii U that he wanted $200 for.  I offered him $150 for the Wii U but he wouldn't budge - told him I couldn't pay $200 for a used system so I walked.

Don't get me wrong, there was a ton of shovelware and crap while I was out. In fact the garage sale where I found most of this stuff had more crap then decent titles, even bad retro games. I just picked out all the stuff I wanted and I could trade.

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »
Super Mario 64 DS: $7
Sonic Blast (GG): $2.50
Batman Returns (GG): $2.50

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 05:23:11 pm »
While not a haul, I did get an GBASP power adapter at one of the retro stores at the Flea Market.  I don't usually frequent there as he is a tad pricey, nice stock and not horrific prices, but I don't like to buy places like that much.  Sadly no Genesis model 2 cords.  I'm gonna have to go to Ebay for that stuff.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »
Spawn, Gauntlet Legends, Dragon's Fury, Shadowrun, Dungeons & Dragons, and Might And Magic...  Amazing find, bikingjahuty.  So jealous!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 05:48:37 pm »
Well, unlucky in yard sales, luck in Gamestop I suppose.  :P  Here's my haul for the weekend:

IMG_2804

Got 3 sets of games in the b2g1 <$20 sale.  Each row is a set - top row were all $19.99, second row were $14.99 & last row $4.99 (Lost Planet), $7.99 (Children of Mana) & Free ($2.99 - Docomodake BOING!) 

IMG_2806

The 2 Wii games were my only yard sale finds today, $1/each.  She had a few more, but these were the best ones.   :o  The DS game is Orcs & Elves, I got it from GS for $2.99.  BTW, both it & Docomodake were featured in hidden gems videos on YouTube by MetalJesusRocks.  If you don't watch him, you should because he a great well-spoken YouTube'r who knows his stuff and is very interesting.  He's clued me in on quite a few games in his various hidden gems videos for different systems.

IMG_2831

It pays to be friendly with your GS employees.  :)  This SC collector's edition was converted to used on Thurs, which means they're told to toss or do whatever w/ the actual CE stuff, open the new game & sell it as used.  I asked the guys at my local store if they had one left and they did.  It was for the 360, which I don't own, but the manager just took the game out of the set & gave me the rest.  Free remote controlled airplane?  Awesome.   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 07:27:46 pm »
Picked up X-Men Legends for PS2 for 3 bucks.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 07:42:21 pm »
Wow, I never knew that Gamestop just threw out the collector's editions like that. I'm surprised that's even legal.