Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226637 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:41 pm »
Ar no Surge...

Just in case any of you fine folks (or any of the rest of you un refined VGC'ers)...

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/tecmo-koei-teases-ar-surge-localization

...wanted to know more about/had any interest in what Greg was just talking about  ^
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2014, 07:49:25 pm »
Here's a new Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines trailer. I'm looking forward to this one. The game releases in Japan in a couple weeks (with a pretty nice LE). I haven't heard any news on a more solid NA release date though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:04 pm »
Fairy Fencer F LE just announced:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Fairy-Fencer-F-Limited-Edition-with-Beanie

Fortunately, they made it easy for me to pass on it since I can't afford anything else this Fall anyway.  But I know disgaeniac will get 7 of them.  :P 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 01:24:29 am »

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Fairy-Fencer-F-Limited-Edition-with-Beanie

Fortunately, they made it easy for me to pass on it since I can't afford anything else this Fall anyway.  But I know disgaeniac will get 7 of them.  :P

HELLS YEAH! Ive been waiting for this. Time to pre-order!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

abe

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:24 am »

Soundtrack in a nice jewel case? -check
Hardcover artbook? - check
Fancy box? -check
Weird hat thing I didn't know I wanted? -check
Game developed by Compile Heart? -check
I can't miss out on this one! ;D This fall is even more packed with awesome releases than this summer has been.

argyle

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 08:39:34 am »
The hat is kinda useless - it's "bib that came with Sorcery Saga" useless, but at least that was a cheap LE.  Since I know their soundtracks are pretty much always "selections" with just a few songs & the artbooks are small, I just don't see $25 worth of extra value there for me.  Bummed that they haven't done anymore Nendoroids since Witch & the Hundred Knight. 

Then again, as I said - for me this is actually a good thing, because it's one less game I have to worry about making room in the gaming budget for.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:51 am »
The hat is kinda useless - it's "bib that came with Sorcery Saga" useless, but at least that was a cheap LE.  Since I know their soundtracks are pretty much always "selections" with just a few songs & the artbooks are small, I just don't see $25 worth of extra value there for me.  Bummed that they haven't done anymore Nendoroids since Witch & the Hundred Knight. 

Then again, as I said - for me this is actually a good thing, because it's one less game I have to worry about making room in the gaming budget for.  ;)

It may be a wee bit expensive, but it's a far better LE than Disgaea 4 on the Vita. A poster, 3 cheap keychains, and a cleaning cloth, laaaame. That said, I'll probably end up getting it anyways. ::) Besides, it's not like I ever do anything with the stuff in LEs, I just open it up for the game, maybe take the stuff out once to look at them, and then put it back to keep it in perfect condition. (since unlike a certain someone, I don't have the money to buy several copies of every LE I want :P)

argyle

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2014, 09:05:57 am »
Who would that be?   ???  :P

I'm not getting Disgaea either, same reason.  I like something I can display, that's why I like the Nendoroids.  It's promising that Tales of Xillia 2 CE still seems to be in stock everywhere, I'm hoping that means it's somewhat overproduced and I can end up getting a deal on it after it releases.  I really like the statue in that one, it would look great w/ the statue that came with the original Xillia CE, but $130 is too rich for my blood. 

abe

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2014, 02:18:29 pm »
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate has been announced for a western release. September 2nd for NA, and the 5th for EU. It will be released on the PS3, PS4, PS Vita, and the Xbone. Unfortunately, the PS4 and Xbone versions are the only ones which will receive a physical release. :'( Cross-play and cross-save functionality will be supported across all 3 of Sony's platforms.

argyle

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2014, 02:20:24 pm »
PS4 is getting a physical release?  That works for me!  ;D

abe

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:19 am »
Sega announced that Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (3DS) will be coming to NA some time this year as Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Remix (which is actually an enhanced version of Mirai 2). No word on whether it will be digital only or physical yet. Physical is fairly likely though, given that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd is supposed to see a physical release in NA later this year.

karyann

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2014, 11:16:45 am »
Sega announced that Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (3DS) will be coming to NA some time this year as Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Remix (which is actually an enhanced version of Mirai 2). No word on whether it will be digital only or physical yet. Physical is fairly likely though, given that Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd is supposed to see a physical release in NA later this year.

Aww yeah! I'm so happy that Sega is giving us a few of these  ;D I really hope Project Mirai will be physical like the others.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:47 am »
^ Hatsune Addict! ^
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2014, 12:24:57 pm »

Thanks, added it along with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.  :)

EDIT:  Also just added the release date to Ar nosurge - 9/23. Same day as Fairy Fencer F, and one week after Natural Doctrine.  :o
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:57:13 pm by argyle »

bobster

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2014, 02:14:46 pm »
I don't know how you guys keep up with all this stuff! This really seems like a really good time to be a JRPG gamer. Glad I haven't jumped in yet as I imagine I'd go broke very quickly lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher