Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39678 times)

argyle

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 12:02:25 am »
IMG_2988

:D

Got myself one of these too!

Also...Despite my dislike of "digital-only" games; for $15...I said fuck it & got "Child of Light" on PSN for the PS3  :o

That's great but can someone explain what the heck this is lol????

;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 12:06:09 am »
Okay I should not have asked lol ;)  But thanks on the education of Japanese Idol video game

argyle

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 12:15:33 am »
Hehe, honestly the main reason I picked it up is because I have all of the Neptunia games proper (well...I traded off Neptunia 1 for double what I paid for it recently because I'm gonna get the Vita upgrade in July) and I didn't want to break the set.  ;)

I probably have a problem...  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 01:31:41 am »
Okay I should not have asked lol ;)  But thanks on the education of Japanese Idol video game

No better way to describe that game.

And Kenny, you have to let me know what Child of light is like. I was fancrushing on that game hard when I first saw the initial images but then found out it was digital only and havent looked much further into it.

karyann

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 10:57:14 am »
It was my birthday yesterday, and I was spoilt! First my boyfriend got me Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story which I wanted for a long time, and he also got me the The Last Story soundtrack. Here's the big deal with the soundtrack though: A close friend of mine gets to have a private interview with none other than Nobuo Uematsu in August, and will try to have him sign my soundtrack!  ;D I'm soooo excited! And I will also get 2 other games whenever they arrive by mail: Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, and Battle & Get: Pokémon Typing DS, which I'm really too excited to get too. And last but not least, a friend crocheted me this awesome plush:

I'm telling you, I've been pretty spoilt.  :)

argyle

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 11:13:18 am »
That plush is awesome Karyann!   :o

I picked up my Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 yesterday.  Actually, I had my wife pick it up for me - she called & asked if they had given her the wrong thing because it was in a Greatest Hits case.  This threw me for a minute because I didn't know there WAS a GH version of the UGC, but apparently there is.  Some games I go out of my way to get the non-GH case, but with that one it didn't really matter to me so I'm happy.  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 12:20:31 pm »
It was my birthday yesterday, and I was spoilt! (my) First my boyfriend got me Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story which I wanted for a long time, and he also got me the The Last Story soundtrack. Here's the big deal with the soundtrack though: A close friend of mine gets to have a private interview with none other than Nobuo Uematsu in August, and will try to have him sign my soundtrack!  ;D I'm soooo excited! And I will also get 2 other games whenever they arrive by mail: Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, and Battle & Get: Pokémon Typing DS, which I'm really too excited to get too. And last but not least, a friend crocheted me this awesome plush:

I'm telling you, I've been pretty spoilt.  :)

wut?!

how many *ARE* there; you naughty, spoilt girl  :o

Happy Birthday!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 12:25:11 pm »
Got Resistance yesterday for PS3 from Goodwill.  Not a huge fan of the series, they were always abit underwhelming, being a kind generic shooter alongside Killzone which was a generic shooter, but I loved the concept of it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 01:15:18 pm »
And Kenny, you have to let me know what Child of light is like. I was fancrushing on that game hard when I first saw the initial images but then found out it was digital only and havent looked much further into it.

No problem, Brad.

I'm not sure exactly *when* I'll be getting to it -but- I'll definitely be posting my impressions here once I do  8)

My thinking (in being a scrub/crossing the line/breaking my (*almost*) inflexible 'rule' about "Physical-Only") was:

a).  it's only $15,

b).  it's not likely to ever see a physical release down-the-road (like one of my other 'exception' games (Here's looking at you, Journey) where; not only was I pretty under-whelmed by it -but- a few weeks after playing it...it got a better ("more content", at least) physical release), and

c).  it looked/seemed perfect for an "in-between" game (as in, in between looong, epic, 50-100('s) of hour RPG's & SRPG's); ya' know...more like just a distraction/something different, and lastly

d).  I made my "rule" as much more of a guideline and/or preference, than I did a "written-in-stone" kind of rule.

Do I prefer physical?
Absolutely!

Will I pass on games that I might/kinda' want to play because they're only being released digitally?
Absolutely.

Will I ALWAYS buy the physical version when there's a choice of physical vs digital?
Absolutely.

Will I ever let $15 stand in the way of/preclude me from playing a game that looks like something that I'd enjoy; strictly based/decided on because it's digital?
Absolutely not!

TL;DR

It's much moreso one of those things where the *Spirit* & the *Letter* of the law are vastly different  ;)

karyann

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 02:57:09 pm »
wut?!

Happy Birthday!

Haha, thanks! I'll stick to the current one, he's too awesome. My ex got me some roses on my birthday when we were together... Not that I don't like flowers, but I prefer video games any day of the year  8) These last more than 2 days.  ;D

soera

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 03:25:22 pm »
Just picked up a CIB copy of Lost in Shadow (Wii) for $7 based on Turf's recommendation.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 03:37:19 pm »
wut?!

Happy Birthday!

Haha, thanks! I'll stick to the current one, he's too awesome. My ex got me some roses on my birthday when we were together... Not that I don't like flowers, but I prefer video games any day of the year  8) These last more than 2 days.  ;D

No argument from me on that sound logic  ;D

theflea

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »
It was a long day of garage sales, and to be honest wasn't a lot out there today.
But here's what I did find. Plus some other cool items from local store and online orders.
Including a rare game system!!!

XB360
- Diablo III
- The Bureau

Vita
- Hyperdimension Neptunia PP - Limited Edition

A Final Fantasy XIII collectors edition strategy guide ($3)

Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii ($4)

NDS
- Bust-a-Move DS ($2)
- Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends ($2)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team ($1)

PSP (all these games cost me $7)
- Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfighter
- Beowulf
- Daxter
- Twisted Metal: Head On

PS2 ($4 for all)
- Ultimate Board Game Collection
- Pop Cap Hits Vol. 1
- Star Trek: Encounters

GC
- Bratz: Diamonds ($1)

GBA
A pearl blue Game Boy Advance SP with charger and case in excellent shape with 5 games. (101 model) all for $10.
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
- Texas Hold'em
- Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Also picked up a Lizzie McGuire sealed for $2

GBC
A purple Game Boy Color with 1 game for $5
- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

DC
- Bleem! Gran Turismo 2 ($2)

SAT
- Sim City 2000 ($3)

SCD
- Jaguar XJ220 (disc only but it was $1)

And last a rare handheld console a Gamate with 1 game Brick Blaster a rare system from Europe.

Going back out tomorrow, hitting a huge cirty wide garage sale, Here's to finding some awesome finds tomorrow.  ;D

Only 33 more items and I hit 9000!!!  :o
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:00:09 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

spac316

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 09:34:31 pm »
Today I got Street Racer for SNES and PaRappa The Rapper for PS1! I also got some Super Mario RPG cards.

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 10:06:13 pm »
Not a ton of stuff today, but I was happy to get it.

The Mad Catz PS1 wheel setup isn't something I normally buy, I've kinda seen these around off and on, but usually I find them missing the pedals, always no box, and usually looking nasty.  While this one was out of the packaging in the box, it still smelled like new plastic, I don't know if it was ever used or not and for only 6 bucks, whether I keep it or not is still a nice deal.  Just need to find a racing game I like on the PS1 now...

The 360 Xplorer Controller is just a backup to have and for only 2 bucks, it's in great condition.  No stickers anywhere on it which makes me thinking it wasn't some young kid that had it, so hopefully it works well.

As for games, I bought Resistance 2 since I decided to get the whole series and give it another try.  Super cheap at Gamestop, only 3 bucks used.  Then I got Star Wars Rogue Leader on Gamecube, though I kinda hate that it looks like the cover is really wrinkly, making me think it got wet or something at some point, is there a simple way to sort that out at all? And then what wasn't a game, but an anime movie, Zone of the Enders: Idolo.  I know nothing about ZOE or this movie, but I'm totally there for some mech battles of some sort so hopefully its good lol